PDA

View Full Version : The Monorail

Jeri Lynn
10-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Just got back from a great vacation at WDW.
We took a ride on the monorail and it seems like they are getting old and need some sprucing up. The monorail we were on smelled pretty bad, I thought maybe it was me, but my sister noticed the same thing. Hate to say it but it smelled like a cow pasture. Is it us or has anyone else noticed this?

ILoveLegos
10-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Yes, the monorails have that :sick: smell, but without it, it wouldn't be the WDW monorail now would it?

Just kidding, it a combination of the humidity, the "mechanics of the mechanism" - maybe the automatic door oil and I'd guess and sweaty people - no offense, it's ahot climate! I don't think of it as particularly stinky - it's just the way it smells and that smell is unlike anyother one I know. I think cows smell better!

I do think it would be a great place for a stick-up or some industrial strength Febreeze porduct. :thumbsup:

Madame Leona
10-30-2008, 07:46 PM
I know the smell you are talking about. The heat in my car smells the same way right now. I'm thinking I need to take it in to get looked at. Maybe we can get to the bottom of why the monorails smell at the same time.

sassafras
10-30-2008, 09:15 PM
For the past several years, I've said the monorail's odor reminded me of a cat box that was badly in need of cleaning!:ack:

TheRustyScupper
10-30-2008, 10:59 PM
. . . Hate to say it but it smelled like a cow pasture . . .

We refer to it as WDW ambiance.

DisneyorBust
11-02-2008, 08:38 AM
I've noticed that too. But I wouldn't mind smelling that aroma right about now!:D

Speedy1998
11-02-2008, 09:07 AM
I've noticed that too. But I wouldn't mind smelling that aroma right about now!:D

Ditto!