PDA

View Full Version : Scents that remind you of Disney World??

Henninghan
10-30-2008, 06:43 PM
I bought this car air freshner recently that smells identical to the scent that you smell while going through the orange grove during Soarin'. I swear every time I get into my car I wish I were at Disney instead:mickey:

What smells remind you of Disney?

thumperbug
10-30-2008, 07:22 PM
The smell of hot apple pie reminds me of Philharmagic

weswerx
10-30-2008, 07:44 PM
certain perfumes remind me of the fragrances in the Norway pavilion...kinda makes me want to go back.

Madame Leona
10-30-2008, 07:56 PM
My stinky car reminds me of the monorail. Apple pie reminds me of philharmagic. Chocolate chip cookies remind me of Main Street. I could go on but basically everything reminds me of Disney :mickey:.

Maleficent_vf
10-30-2008, 08:29 PM
The Laila perfume :cloud9: that I bought for myself at the Norway pavillon...everyday I put it on I'm reminded of Disney! :cloud9::cloud9:

Disneyfun
10-30-2008, 10:42 PM
This is an odd one....

Whenever I smell high concentrated quantities of exhaust, it totally takes me back to when I was a kid and we would drive into WDW. The parking lot and the tram always have that smell and I associate it with going to the MK!

I am so weird...probably because I used to breathe deaply in my excitement and wanting to savor every moment...probably lost a few brain cells that way! :secret:

DizRunner
10-30-2008, 10:42 PM
When we go to check in for the first time on a trip, right when we walk into the resort I smell a distinct smell of the resort.

One time last year after the building where my bank is in downtown Indianapolis just finished remodeling, I walked in to go to my bank. Right as I walked through the door into the building...boom! It hit me like a ton of bricks. The smell of a Disney resort. I probably looked foolish. But I stood there for a second or two with my eyes closed and just pictured myself in Pop Century.

Must be the same cleaning supplies.

I love going to my bank now. Silly, huh?

iDisney
10-31-2008, 12:08 AM
Anything that resembles the smell of Rome burning on SSE. I was at a flea market and they had a candle that smelled exactly like it. I almost got one, but I knew that if I used it I would always think my house was on fire! :blush:

Gator
10-31-2008, 01:57 AM
certain perfumes remind me of the fragrances in the Norway pavilion...kinda makes me want to go back.

I'm the same way. It seems you can smell the perfumes and cologne of Norway from the whole east side of the World Showcase.

Also, sometimes I'll smell the scent of air conditioning of a large building and it reminds me of my summer trip to WDW. That smell was the scent of escaping the blistering Florida heat.

handmaidenofprincesses
10-31-2008, 07:55 AM
Chlorine! For whatever reason, whenever I smell chlorine, I'm reminded of IASW. I don't know why, chlorine is everywhere, not just Disney, and certainly not just IASW, but that's what it reminds me of. Makes me happy :mickey:

cer
10-31-2008, 10:29 AM
On our first family trip to the world (05/2006) we bought new luggage. It was our first time to fly anywhere as a family and really our first 'big' vacation.

Everytime I open that luggage, it takes me to Disney...love it!!!!!

TinkerbellT421
10-31-2008, 10:36 AM
I have a whole list of smells that remind me of Disney. Most everyone said already...chocolate chip cookies-main street, and apple pie for philharmagic...theres a lot of times Ill just be walking in a store and I will get a wiff of something and say, that smells like disney, especially the smells you cant really describe...like the smell of the air in Epcot. It smells like something, something good and I just cant describe it.....ahhh....just thinking of it makes me happy :cloud9:

BeccaO
10-31-2008, 11:28 AM
The Laila perfume :cloud9: that I bought for myself at the Norway pavillon...everyday I put it on I'm reminded of Disney! :cloud9::cloud9:

I have this perfume too!!!!!! I don't wear it every day, but when I do it totally takes me back to Disney!!!!!

joonyer
10-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Chlorine! For whatever reason, whenever I smell chlorine, I'm reminded of IASW. I don't know why, chlorine is everywhere, not just Disney, and certainly not just IASW, but that's what it reminds me of. Makes me happy :mickey:

The distintive smell of the water attractions at WDW (IASW, Splash Mtn., etc.) isn't chlorine, its Bromine. WDW uses Bromine generators to treat the water in its attractions and water features, and that smell is a very strong memory maker for me. Bromine is better for the environment and causes less skin and eye irritation. But it is a little different smell than Chlorine. That's why it has a distinctive "Disney" memory smell for me and every chlorine treated swimming pool doesn't make me think of WDW. Bromine treated pools are not as common because the Bromine generators are more expensive and now salt-treated pools are becoming more common. The Bromine odor is very strong in the indoor part of the queue at Splash. Bromine is used at Islands of Adventure water attractions, too.

Simba's Mom
10-31-2008, 12:30 PM
All week when I was in WDW, I used the Blue Spa (or whatever they're called) products they supplied. Since I was solo, I ended the week with lots of unused product which I brought home. Now whenever I use that, I feel I'm back in WDW. I'd love to get a car freshener that smelled like Soarin oranges-what kind was it?

jwallace378
10-31-2008, 03:17 PM
The monorail has such a distinct smell that I've never smelled it anywhere else. I'm not sure if it's musty or what, but I love that smell...call me weird. I also love the smell of the Poly resort lobby. Another distinctive smell.

handmaidenofprincesses
11-01-2008, 08:14 PM
The distintive smell of the water attractions at WDW (IASW, Splash Mtn., etc.) isn't chlorine, its Bromine. WDW uses Bromine generators to treat the water in its attractions and water features, and that smell is a very strong memory maker for me. Bromine is better for the environment and causes less skin and eye irritation. But it is a little different smell than Chlorine. That's why it has a distinctive "Disney" memory smell for me and every chlorine treated swimming pool doesn't make me think of WDW. Bromine treated pools are not as common because the Bromine generators are more expensive and now salt-treated pools are becoming more common. The Bromine odor is very strong in the indoor part of the queue at Splash. Bromine is used at Islands of Adventure water attractions, too.

whoops.. I guess that's why my neighbor's pool doesn't remind me of Disney.. thanks for correcting me and for the neat trivia fact :)

GBBT
11-01-2008, 10:09 PM
The diesel exhaust fumes from the buses around town here and their sounds.:thumbsup:

adoptionislove
11-01-2008, 10:45 PM
I bought a bottle of perfume at the gift shop in the Poly. It is called Wicked Wahine and it is so tropical. It definately reminds me of Disney!!!

TheRustyScupper
11-01-2008, 11:21 PM
I travel a lot, so I equate different smells with WDW.

. . . airport cinnabon stands --- main street bakery
. . . jet fuel in the morning --- ttc ferry boat
. . . luggage sweat socks --- monorail in summer
. . . fresh sheets at hotel --- space mountain
. . . burnt toast at the breakfast buffet --- spaceship earth rome scene
. . .crowding at baggage claim conveyor --- mermaid inside queue area
. . . pulling carry-on's through airport --- babysitting granddaughters
. . . running through terminal to catch a flight --- race to soarin' fastpass machines
. . . baby crying mid-flight --- baby crying mid-flight to WDW

Henninghan
11-01-2008, 11:50 PM
All week when I was in WDW, I used the Blue Spa (or whatever they're called) products they supplied. Since I was solo, I ended the week with lots of unused product which I brought home. Now whenever I use that, I feel I'm back in WDW. I'd love to get a car freshener that smelled like Soarin oranges-what kind was it?
Little Tree's Airwash Orange Zest
http://littletreesairwash.com/us/upload/products/1210276920OrangeZest130VER2.png

Bobby T
11-02-2008, 03:00 AM
There's a plethora of adjectives one could use to describe this smell, but mine is the damp, arid smell you encounter the moment you enter the Haunted Mansion.

MinnieMommie
11-02-2008, 10:45 AM
There are so many familiar smells I can't list them all. I mean I smell Disney often (OK - my daughter just made a comment about that to me so no need to further comment). Cinnamin and ginger and chocolate remind me of the GF lobby during the Christmas season. Oil and exhaust remind me of the GP Raceway, The smell of the air on certain early summer mornings. Certain fall smells remind me of the Poly. I could go on and on. :mickey:

TheMartellFamily
11-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Ok the smell of the Monorail has that distinct smell that kind of reminds me of a boys locker room smell. There are so many triggers while at WDW that I can be somewhere and then you get that wiff and WA LA I'm reverted back to my vacation.

Simba's Mom
11-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Little Tree's Airwash Orange Zest
http://littletreesairwash.com/us/upload/products/1210276920OrangeZest130VER2.png

Thanks so much! You can't imagine how excited I am to get this. I usually use the Yankee Candle stuff and whenever DH gets into my car, he complains about it smelling too "girlie". We both love Soarin' so this will be great.

WDW_Obsessed
11-03-2008, 12:07 PM
This is an odd one....

Whenever I smell high concentrated quantities of exhaust, it totally takes me back to when I was a kid and we would drive into WDW. The parking lot and the tram always have that smell and I associate it with going to the MK!

I am so weird...probably because I used to breathe deaply in my excitement and wanting to savor every moment...probably lost a few brain cells that way! :secret:

This is funny because whenever I smell exhaust from a plane I think of the first time I went to Disney, which is the first time I ever rode in a plane. It reminds me of being so excited I never thought it could get any better! And I still agree that it doesn't get any better than the excitement of boarding a plane to Disney:mickey:

CU Tiger
11-03-2008, 12:27 PM
The smell of hot apple pie reminds me of Philharmagic

Apple pie and the monorail are the two that come to mind first!:mickey:

spoonful of sugar
11-03-2008, 01:55 PM
omg, little tree's airwash orange zest is awesome and definitely smells like the orange groves in soarin. i picked a 3 pack up at my local petsmart while on the check out line. so delicious.

teambricker04
11-04-2008, 04:37 PM
My absolute favorite smell is the lobby of BC. When ever I smell a Yankee Candle in Sand and Sand, I am taken back to the BC. Ahhhhhh. It isn't nearly as relaxing as our two week vacation last May, but it will do :mickey:

dragon73
11-05-2008, 12:08 PM
The posts about the Norway perfume had me laughing and I've got a story to go along with it... A few years back, we were on our annual trip at WDW. My husband and his friend (vacationing with us) conspired against me. As we were exiting the Norway attraction, and walking through the perfume shop, my husband grabbed and held me as his friend absolutely doused me with the perfume. It took days to get the scent out of my nostrils, and even today, if I can breathe in hard and deep enough, I can still catch the last remaining trace of it on my Timberland jacket. Those Norwegians sure make some powerful stuff! :D

angelat
11-05-2008, 01:00 PM
For our first trip in April this year I packed all of our toiletries in a carry-on bag and was pretty careful with it. Somehow (must've been in the rental car) it got squished. When we got to our condo I found that our body wash was all over the inside of the bag! It was the Dial Yogurt with Aloe brand. So I spent a good hour rinsing that out in the kitchen sink. Now everytime I take a shower and use that body wash, I think of disney and wish I were there!

Tinkerbell19
11-05-2008, 01:09 PM
This is funny! So, I came to work one morning and one of the other empolyees put a new room freshener in the hall where all our offices are. It reminded me of the queue for Soarin or the whole Land pavilion. Wierd I know. Unfortunately our boss did not like to new smell and she threw it away :sad:. Everyday when it was in the hall I would walk into work thinking I was in Disney. :mickey: