PDA

View Full Version : Poll related to waitlist -- how often at your home resort?

Aurora
10-30-2008, 02:00 PM
With all the discussion about the DVC waitlist getting harder and harder to crack, I was wondering how many DVC owners stay at their home resort every visit.

The original poll question doesn't ask what your home resort is, so if you respond here, please let us know whether you always stay at your home, and which resort that is.

Our home is SSR, and we probably alternate staying at a different DVC resort every other trip. Our last trip was in June at BWV. We've never had a problem so far getting a different resort on the waitlist.

thumperbug
10-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Our home resort since joining in 2003 is SSR. Out of the last 6 trips we have only stayed there once. Our next trip in Feb 09 is at WL.

Pur favorite is WL but we like to try other resorts as well. Down the road we would like to try AKL and OKW.

Simba's Mom
10-30-2008, 03:32 PM
We always stay at our home resorts if we can. The only time we've stayed elsewhere is when we don't plan 11 months ahead and can't get into our home resort. We even sold the points we had elsewhere and bought at OKW, because DH knew that's where he always wanted to stay. So I believe very strongly in the "Buy where you want to stay".

DISNEYFIX
10-30-2008, 03:33 PM
We love the BCV in the warmer times and VWL for the winter holidays. :cloud9:I guess that is why we bought at both places and wouldn't trade out for any other resort.:blush:

dlpmikki
10-30-2008, 06:22 PM
We have now tried most of the other resorts (not BLT obviously, SSR because it is close to us or BWV because we wait-listed once and didn't get it). We much prefer to stay at OKW. Now granted we bought before buy where you want to stay became relevant but it suited us then and it suits us now. I think VWL is our next favourite for ambience. The only reasons I like BCV at all are location and SAB - we have never had a good stay there after 3 attempts.

I do think that waitlists are harder now and are most likely to get more so as membership grows.

DVC Mike
10-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Well, we have 5 home resorts :secret:

We always stay at our home resorts.

Aurora
11-02-2008, 07:52 PM
There are a lot of views here but we need more votes! Go ahead and let us know your experiences! It's valuable to all of us.

MinnieMommie
11-03-2008, 06:39 AM
We almost always stay at our home resort SSR by choice. We have a trip coming up at BC that we are debating changing to SSR. We would like to try AKL if we can get the concierge for a short stay. Other than that the real draw for us is BLT. We will try to stay there even if we decide not to buy in. :mickey:

Mackflava99
11-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Actually we have never stayed at our home resort-

peemagg
11-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Our home resort is SSR and we LOVE it! We have stayed there our first 2 trips since becoming members. This next trip at the 11 month out we booked at SSR and at 7 months out we switched over to AKL with no problem. If we couldn't have gotten into AKL we were fine with staying at SSR.