PDA

View Full Version : 5 4 3 2 FUN!!! (Day 1)

maizey05
10-30-2008, 01:42 AM
DH, DS (20 months) and I got back from our trip to DL, last Friday. Without further ado, here goes...

Day 1:
We arrived at about 3:00, in LAX. Our flight from Seattle was delayed due to fog, for 2 hours. DS was restless and hungry, as were his parents. We had a fairly difficult time finding the DL bus (AKA: Greyline). We didn't see any signs, as to where to catch it etc. We just happened to ask a group of people standing at one of the "islands", one guy said that the Disney bus stopped there. Waited a few minutes. The bus was equipped with TV's, which I thought would be used to promote Disney, but unlike Magical Express, this wasn't so. The ride was a little hairy for us, since DS was so squirmy. Arrived at PPH, after a short stop at DLH first.

We were greeted in a costumed CM, after stepping off the bus. DS saw the statue of Goofy, just inside the lobby, and could barely contain himself. Only a short line for check in. Upon check in, I was told we were assigned to a room with 2 queen beds. (After requesting a king, at any DL or DW resort, I have yet to get a king bed.) Anyhow, we were upgraded to a DCA view room. Our room was 1312. Great view of DCA. I was pleased with the room. Very fresh, clean and nice decor.

Famished as we were, we decided to check out PCH Grill, for dinner. We were seated in no time, and had a great meal. (I've also posted our dining reviews.)

Took a look at the pool and a stroll through DTD. Seemed super loud! World of Disney was packed:crowd:. Went back to PPH, and the boys went to bed. I had learned that this was the only night DL was having fireworks, during our stay. A CM had told me I could view the fireworks from the pool area. Great view (as good as it gets without being in the park) and music was piped in as well. I actually cried at the end. It really was a fabulous show, which I was sad DS didn't get to experience with me.:(

tinkwest
10-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Even though you didn't get your bed choice I think a view upgrade is a great swap! Glad you got to see the fireworks from the hotel. Thanks for letting us know that they even pipe in the music at poolside.

pdrlkr
11-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: