PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Disney Costume Ideas

Red Randal
10-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Alright, I'm not big on Halloween costumes but I'm going to a party Friday night where everyone is dressing up so I have pretty much no choice but to get in on the fun. I'm totally at a loss for costume ideas.

I think I want to do something Disney related (which is why I'm here) but generally I'm looking for something easy to make and/or cheap to buy. Obviously there is almost no time to prepare for this.

I was thinking about Winnie the Pooh (I'm a bigger guy with a good sense of humor about it) or perhaps Monterey Jack from the Rescue Rangers but I figured nobody would figure out the former unless I got a bunch of people in on it to make up the whole cast of characters.

Any ideas are welcome. Nothing too complex. My previous adult Halloween experiences have included me dressed as a friend of mine as an inside joke and going to MNSSHP in an Epcot Canada pavilion t-shirt and telling people that I was dressed "as a Canadian."

Help!!

mickeys_princess_mom
10-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Arghhhh, mate! How about a scarf tied around your head, a striped tee and a hoop (clipon? )earring. Shiver me timbers....:pirate:

handmaidenofprincesses
10-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Got any Mickey ears? That and a little burnt cork rubbed on the end of your nose makes you Mickey Mouse... or wear your Mickey ears and stick a park map in your pocket--voila, a tourist!:mickey:

ElenitaB
10-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Do you have a set of mouse ears? You could always go as a Mouseketeer... all you need is a pair of dark pants and a white turtleneck. If you can make an iron-on of the Mickey Mouse Club logo and put it on the front of the shirt, it would be perfect!

goofy for pluto
10-30-2008, 02:59 PM
I was also going to suggest a Mouseketeer.
Actually the Mouseketeers only had their first names on their white turtlenecks.
and the Mousketeer logo on their ears.
I also really like the tourist idea. Ears and a camera around your neck. If you have a WDW shirt all the better. If you want to play up the humor, a pair of sandles with socks and shorts really looks fun too. along with a park map and
if you have one a lanyard with botle of water
attached. and a small fan.
Maybe even a small backpack with some sort of Disney stuffed animal sticking out.
Good Luck with whatever you choose.
Halloween is fun! :balloon:

alphamommy
10-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Another vote for the tourist idea.

I did this a few years ago. I wore my mouse ears, a WDW shirt, Mickey socks, Mickey jewelry, DD's pin lanyard, and carried a tote bag filled with maps, my "Unofficial Guide", a couple stuffed animals, etc. I may have had more stuff, but I don't remember. Basically, gather all the WDW stuff you can scare up, and take it with you.

Good luck!

cer
10-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Great ideas here. I have always found that a pirate costume was real easy to throw together. Get some old clothes, a pair of scissors and a bandana.

I love the tourist idea, though.

Alligirl
10-31-2008, 12:29 PM
Do you have a set of mouse ears? You could always go as a Mouseketeer... all you need is a pair of dark pants and a white turtleneck. If you can make an iron-on of the Mickey Mouse Club logo and put it on the front of the shirt, it would be perfect!

We did this one year when a bunch of us needed last minute costumes. We wore jeans, white tee shirts and used black electrical tape to spell out our names on the front!
I love the tourist idea, you could twist it into a WDW tour guide. One year I wore black slacks, white blouse, blue vest I wore my "Guest" name pin & mouse ears. I carried with me some park maps and confetti. All night I started conversations with Welcome to WDW, or "the 3:00 parade starts at 3 O'clock!"

diz_girl
10-31-2008, 02:40 PM
I was also going to suggest a Mouseketeer.
Actually the Mouseketeers only had their first names on their white turtlenecks.
and the Mousketeer logo on their ears.
I also really like the tourist idea. Ears and a camera around your neck. If you have a WDW shirt all the better. If you want to play up the humor, a pair of sandles with socks and shorts really looks fun too. along with a park map and
if you have one a lanyard with botle of water
attached. and a small fan.
Maybe even a small backpack with some sort of Disney stuffed animal sticking out.
Good Luck with whatever you choose.
Halloween is fun! :balloon:

Don't forget a fanny pack.

Red Randal
11-01-2008, 02:04 AM
I LOVE the tourist idea. I need to put some thought into and expand upon it next year.

I went with Toucan Sam. Anyone want some Fruit Loops!?!?

goofy for pluto
11-01-2008, 02:28 PM
I love the tourist idea, you could twist it into a WDW tour guide. One year I wore black slacks, white blouse, blue vest I wore my "Guest" name pin & mouse ears. I carried with me some park maps and confetti. All night I started conversations with Welcome to WDW, or "the 3:00 parade starts at 3 O'clock!"

I Love this Idea!! :thumbsup:

Do you know if they still make the "Guest" name pins?
Also where I could get one?
Thanks! :mickey:

goofy for pluto
11-01-2008, 02:31 PM
I went with Toucan Sam. Anyone want some Fruit Loops!?!?

Great idea for a costume!
I am glad you dressed up!

Happy Halloween!!:ghost::bat: