PDA

View Full Version : O'hanna's and my pickey eater

DaisyGirl
10-29-2008, 08:18 PM
We are visiting the World in May 09' :mickey:and would really like to have dinner at O'hanna's. My DS will is 10 and a verrrry pickey eater. The only "Dinner-type foods that he will eat are chicken nuggets or strips, fries, chips, cheese pizza and peanut butter(no Jelly). Seriously, thats it! I have made so many PB sandwiches, the smell makes me nautious!:sick:
I was wondering, what are the "alternative children's selections" that the menu says they have and are the ala carte?
I really dont want to have to pay almost $27.00 for him to eat fries and chicken nuggets. Any info will help and thanks in advance.

Tracy

merlinmagic4
10-29-2008, 08:53 PM
I just want to say that we are in the same situation with one of our children so I'll be interested in the answers. It's tough when the "picky eaters" or light eaters have to pay adult prices. I look at the breakfast buffets and don't love the idea of paying almost 20.00 for a bagel and a chocolate milk!

deedeebee
10-29-2008, 09:03 PM
WOW, that sounds just like my DD's (11) diet!! We ate there in Sept, she did fine, chicken, fries and vanilla ice cream. She did try the steak, small steps. By now we are used to hearing that she is hungry 30 minutes after we eat dinner. It was still fun and the other kids and adults enjoyed dinner.
I do know what you mean about the smell of peanut butter!!:sick:

DaisyGirl
10-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Were the items ala carte or did you have to pay the adult dinner price for it?. I know my 2DD's 12 and 10 will really enjoy the food as well as myself.

TheRustyScupper
10-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Were the items ala carte or did you have to pay the adult dinner price for it?.

1) All character meals are a set price.
2) Adults pay adult price, kids pay kid price.
3) There is no ala carte.
4) For picky eaters, stay away, if you want value for your meal dollar.

Natazu
10-30-2008, 02:00 AM
They do have chicken tenders and fries just in case but you'll still have to pay full price if he eats. This might be just the opportunity for him to try meat that isn't fried.

WeLuvBuzz
10-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Sounds like my DD. She is now 16 and in the past year just started trying other foods mainly because of sharing food with her friends in high school. Yes, they may be very expensive chicken nuggets, but perhaps your son might eat some of the other items? The dessert especially is wonderful. We love O'Hana.

DaisyGirl
10-30-2008, 03:11 PM
I think I will go ahead and go to Ohanna's picky eater or not. Im sure we will have a good time.

Thanks.

KylesMom
10-30-2008, 03:38 PM
We let our DS who is 10 choose one day while at Disney to figure out everything we're going to do . . . what parks we're going to visit that day, what attractions we'll try and what meals we'll eat. This last trip, he picked Ohana for his dinner meal. Not that he's uber-picky (he loves the meat they serve), but he was at the table for perhaps a total of 20 minutes the whole time we were there. The rest of the time he was participating in the parade, coconut races, the limbo, etcetera. I should add that we were there a long time.

Even if your DS isn't enthralled with the meal, he'll have a good time doing everything else that Ohana has to offer! I know it hurts paying adult prices at places like this for a 'tween', especially if he's not going to partake in the main courses, but I really think you will all enjoy the experience. :mickey:

GaDisneyGal
10-31-2008, 11:27 AM
We went to O'Hana on our recent visit. Our entire family said that it was hands down our favorite meal of the trip. My son(7) is also kind of a picky eater and he really enjoyed the kid friendly items they offered such as the nuggets and fries. We were also really surprised how interested he was in trying all the other food they brought to the table. Something about the way they present the food on those massive skewers was so impressive to him. :eat:

TheRustyScupper
10-31-2008, 06:05 PM
I really dont want to have to pay almost $27.00 for him to eat fries and chicken nuggets.

I think I will go ahead and go to Ohanna's picky eater or not.

1) I guess I am confused.
2) You don't want to, but are?

d_m_n_n
10-31-2008, 06:28 PM
I think I will go ahead and go to Ohanna's picky eater or not. Im sure we will have a good time.

Thanks.

I'm so glad you decided to go for it! I also wanted to offer my experience...I have a pretty picky eater as well. His diet goes a little beyond the normal picky eater, but not by much! When we were seated, our server offered to bring him chicken strips. He said it quietly and I asked him to wait and see how it went. Guess what!! My son LOVED the wings and if I remember correctly the potatoes. I could not believe it!!! In fact, we had to order a second dish because he was scarfing them down!!! I'm just saying to give it a shot before you give in and buy the $27 chicken strips. You might be pleasantly surprised!!! :mickey:

DaisyGirl
10-31-2008, 10:10 PM
1) I guess I am confused.
2) You don't want to, but are?

Sorry to confuse you, I don't think anybody wants to pay that much for a kid to eat chicken and fries, but from what I have been told, there's a lot of fun things going on as well, so in order for me to try somthing that I really want, I'll do it.

Auroring Good Time
11-05-2008, 10:15 PM
The first time my son went, before I realized it, he had asked the waiter for a grilled cheese sandwich which was not on the menu. They made him one. I can't remember how much I paid for it. The second time we went, he tried the food and particularly liked the wings. This is one of his favorite restaurants as there are activities to keep the kids interested.