PDA

View Full Version : Shrek the Musical

pink
10-29-2008, 06:07 PM
We got a flyer in the mail today about Shrek the Musical. Has anyone else heard of this yet? From the pictures it looks like it might be a good show. We're already trying to get tickets! :mickey:

joanna71985
10-29-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm interested in any info, too. I am going to see it Nov 18th with my school!

citizensnoopy
10-29-2008, 10:21 PM
My friend from high school is actually going to be in Shrek. He just finished playing the understudy for Boq in Wicked. :)

NotaGeek
10-29-2008, 10:40 PM
I have seen nothing but good buzz for the run on Broadway (previews start Nov. 8 and full run stars Dec. 14). Although I haven't seen it myself and no one I know has seen it, with all the positive reviews from it's time in Seattle,it has to mean something. Check out the Official Shrek the Musical (http://www.shrekthemusical.com/) site for more info.

LarryBoy
10-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Is it just me or have they run out of original ideas? Personally I'm holding out for Star Wars the Musical, or Sponge Bob the Musical.

NotaGeek
10-31-2008, 03:07 AM
Is it just me or have they run out of original ideas? Personally I'm holding out for Star Wars the Musical, or Sponge Bob the Musical.
Actually, there are hundreds of great musicals that never see The Great White Way thanks to the "normal" consumer's desire to watch cartoons brought to the stage ... and HUGE companies like Disney throwing millions of dollars into huge productions. But we do all love us some Lion King ... :wave:

LarryBoy
10-31-2008, 09:30 AM
Sad but true. [title of show] was really funny, from what I heard, but it didn't last very long on Broadway. At least they made it to Broadway. Like you said so many don't even get there.

WDWFREAK101
11-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Wow. Who possibly had the idea of having Shrek (the mean CGI monster who lives in a swamp, eats anything that breathes and bathes in mud) sing in a broadway style musical production. I'm just waiting for Transformers The Musical

joanna71985
11-19-2008, 12:55 AM
I saw it tonight. It was really good! I enjoyed it a lot.