PDA

View Full Version : Busiest days at each park

tman
10-28-2008, 01:29 PM
I was looking at the best days to visit each park at when to visit on this site. Has anyone followed this and does it actually work? We are thinking of doin MK on a Friday, since it was not listed as a busy day. What about Sundays at MK?

JoDisney
10-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Check above at "Info Central" at this site. Scroll down and click on "Crowds" and than click on "when to visit."

CaptSmee
10-28-2008, 06:05 PM
I've learned it's pretty much a cr@pshoot as far as trying to outhink the crowds. All I cany say is that for the least crowded days, avoid any EMH's.

Tbelle1976
10-29-2008, 07:05 AM
We will be avoiding EMH for our trip in February. As much as I would like to get to the parks early in the morning (I'm the early bird, everyone else in the family are certainly not!), I would rather be comfortable without the large crowds to start off the day.

RockinRollerMom
10-29-2008, 09:37 AM
I agree with the Previous Posters. Crowds are really hit or miss. Avoiding parks that have EMH's is smart. Also I have noticed that in general parks are a little slower the day after an EMH day.

DisneyFr33k
10-29-2008, 09:54 AM
When I was checking in to my resort, I overhead a cast member advising another couple to not to go to MK that day (it was a Sunday) as it is always horribly busy due to locals.... however in January it may be better as it is a quiet time of year. Have fun!!! :mickey:

Imagineer1981
10-29-2008, 10:43 AM
We will be avoiding EMH for our trip in February. As much as I would like to get to the parks early in the morning (I'm the early bird, everyone else in the family are certainly not!), I would rather be comfortable without the large crowds to start off the day.

in Feb. it doesn't matter because the crowds are non exsistant anyways

Gregandmel
10-29-2008, 12:45 PM
I took it into consideration when we were there recently (October 5-11)and I think it helped - at least on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. Thursday & Friday the crowds seemed to pick up, but it was before the Columbus Day weekend which may have been why.

We did HS on Monday, MK on Tuesday and Epcot on Wednesday. We really lucked out with crowds and everything was walk-on or maybe a 5-10 minute wait (with the exception of TSM at HS and Test Track at Epcot). We did NOT visit the park that had the emh in the a.m. and on both Monday & Tuesday, those parks had the emh the NIGHT before and I think it helped. We were also at the parks at rope drop and as long as you have a plan on where you want to go and what you want to do, you can accomplish quite a bit the first couple of hours. Around 11am - 1pm, the late-risers and park-hoppers might start coming around.

We spent WAYYYY too much time trying to strategize, but I was happy with how we planned things. Good luck to you and have a terrific vacation!

the other micki
10-31-2008, 10:50 AM
We went to MK on a Sunday in mid-May 2006. There was a big crowd at the turnstiles before the park opened, but once in the park, we had no problem with crowds all day. HM was a 5-10 minute wait in the middle of the day. Splash Mtn. and BTMRR never got above 15-20 minutes. We didn't make it over to Tomorrowland that day. Maybe that's where everyone was!

joonyer
10-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Sometimes it seems that no matter which park I choose, it is the busiest that day. It's like choosing which line or lane to get in. Whichever one you choose will move the slowest.