PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know you #5 - USE THIS VERSION!

Figment78
10-28-2008, 12:37 PM
:mpumpkin: So with Halloween around the corner, my thoughts have turned to the special parties and events that Disney holds annually (or has held in the past). I went to MNSSHP last year and it was so amazing! I can't wait to return someday...

Some of the choices in this poll are hard-ticket events, some are special weekends, and some are season long celebrations! I did not include the special Winter Holiday happenings, because I'm saving that for another poll. Enjoy!

ILoveLegos
10-28-2008, 01:18 PM
I've only done Star Wars Weekends (2 times), Food & Wine (2 times), Flower & Garden (3 times). All were great in their own right.

cajunprincess
10-28-2008, 01:34 PM
I Went to the NSSHP last October and it was wonderful! The food and wine festival is always a treat. I have to say that I most impressed with the Flower and Garden Festival. Some of the things that can be done with flowers are simply amazing!!!!

pixiegoose
10-28-2008, 01:46 PM
I've only been to MNSSHP (September 2007) and I would love to go again. I'd really like to attend some of the other special events, particularly MVMCP and Food & Wine Festival.

Cinderelley
10-28-2008, 01:58 PM
I've been to MNSSHP (my favorite), P&P Party, Food & Wine Festival, Star Wars Weekends, & Night of Joy..

I want to attend MVMCP and F&G Festival. I don't know if I can give up October though. :D

jrkcr
10-28-2008, 02:09 PM
We've only done the MNSSHP, but will be at MVMCP in about 23 days!!
:santa3:

hokies4life
10-28-2008, 02:28 PM
I've been to MVMCP a couple years ago. And we've gone during F&G Festival and Star Wars weekend but not really done any of the activities offered. I'm trying to see when we'd be able to go to go to MNSSHP and the Food & Wine Festival, but with me trying to start Nursing school that probably won't be for a couple years.

:chipdale:

LauraleeH
10-28-2008, 02:47 PM
I've been to MNSSHP 5 times, MVMCP 3 or 4 times, and NOJ 5 times. I don't like NOJ since they moved it so I probably won't be back. I think MVMCP is a waste of money and I definitely won't be back. Can't wait for another MNSSHP, though!

Oh yeah, I was at Epcot during the Spring IF&G Festival...I just happened to be there at that time, I didn't go specifically for that, because that's not my type of thing.

brewcrew26
10-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Our honeymoon coincided with flower and garden festival. It was so lovely! I have pictures of the hydrangea garden in the France pavilion as my wallpaper at work.

We're doing the Pirate and Princess Party in March. At the same time we'll be running in the Princess 5K at Epcot.

We hope to do Halloween and Christmas in '10 with the family.

laward32
10-28-2008, 04:13 PM
I've done MNSSHP (best fireworks), MVMCP and the F&WF. My only problem with MNSSHP was a wish they had more trick or treat stations so you don't waste so much time in line for candy. And I would like to go when it didn't rain almost the entire time. Missed the parade due to the rain. Luckily it slacked off enough for the fireworks to go off. I don't think I would do the MVMCP again. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
10-28-2008, 04:40 PM
We have enjoyed the MVMCP, P&PP, F&GF and SWW; but I really want to hit a MNSSHP one of these years. Maybe 2011?

GrmGrninGost
10-28-2008, 05:15 PM
We've been to all three parties and loved them! My favorite is the Halloween party! :mpumpkin:

mainemajor
10-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Loved MNSSHP two years ago. I use photos from it as my wallpaper. Sang the song form months after... a boo for you....

Food and Wine was a blast. Getting to meet so many wine makers from around the world was great. And eating our way around the world was fun, fun, fun! when I didn't feel like wine there was the beer everywhere. How can you go wrong with food and drink everywhere? On this trip we did less rides than any other trip, but did not notice because we were having so much fun.

Faver
10-28-2008, 08:31 PM
:( Sadly, I haven't been to any of those events. We always go to WDW the week of Christmas, so all the holiday happenings are going on....no special events.

But it is my favorite and only time to go to WDW, so I guess I'll survive somehow:blush:

RedSoxFan
10-28-2008, 09:40 PM
We were at WDW last week during the F&W Festival. I didn't sample anything; but DH sampled the beers. My sister and BIL, however, ate and drank a couple of of nights there last week. Fun time.

dtootsie42
10-28-2008, 10:21 PM
We have only done the MVMCP but would some day love to do the Flower and Garden Festival.

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand

Boojum
10-28-2008, 11:15 PM
We just attended our third MNSSHP the week of October 6-10.

We love everything about it--the clever use of lighting, the decor, the parade, the shorter lines, the Castmembers that go above and beyond at the HM, the dressed-up tourists, the music....

Can you tell I'd head back in a heartbeat if I could????

LarryBoy
10-29-2008, 09:19 AM
We went to MVMCP a few years back and loved it. We were also at an ESPN weekend once, but it was not on purpose. We just happened to be there when it was going on.

Mackflava99
10-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Halloween party 3 times
Star wars 4 Times
Food and Wine 3 times-

All 3 are great - I really couldn't even rank them

* We love Mickey Scary- we always have fun and the parade is terrific
* Star wars weekend is so unique- it is just a wonderful experience
* Food and wine- is a great way to see the countries and try different foods etc. we really enjoy wandering around.

yjgirl32
10-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Our trip of May 2007 was suppose to be for the Star Wars event- but they announced it was only going to be during the month of June. So we ended up being there for the Epcot Flower festival- whihc I was not real thrilled with- i'm very allergic to flowers. I was very surprised with the characters they made out of the flowers. It was very nice and I just took an extra strong allergy medicine and I was fine. We did cath the very very beginings of the Star Wars people. That too would have been great to see more- maybe someday.

TinkerbellT421
10-29-2008, 11:34 AM
I have not yet had the privelage to do any of the above...I am hoping to make it to the Halloween Party one of the next couple of years when I get more vacation time....

Damon18
10-29-2008, 10:24 PM
I have been to the Flower and Garden Festival and have run the Marathon. Both are great events!:thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
10-30-2008, 11:39 AM
I've done the Flower and Garden Festival 2 or 3 times. I didn't specifically go for that reason but we happened to have trips planned during that time. I almost got to go to MNSSHP but Hurricane Ivan ruined our plans because we had to use our fall break as hurricane make-up days. One day I'd love to go the MNSSHP.

LandFan
10-30-2008, 11:55 AM
I've gone to the F&WF (not on purpose, just happened to go at that time).

We love MVMCP! We are going again this year on 12/2! Can't wait! 27 days!

TikiGoddess
10-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Last year at the Intercot Gathering I went to F&W... and MNSSHP. Fireworks from the Rose Garden with a bunch of I'cotees... and Illuminations from the private viewing area in France.... wow, what a great trip. :)

Kathy

cknorr28
10-31-2008, 12:50 PM
I really would like to try the WDW marathon.