PDA

View Full Version : Artist Point Changes

SallyP
10-28-2008, 11:55 AM
For all of you that enjoy Artist Point ...

1) Vickie, the manager is now at Jiko's
2) Michael is the new manager ( he has a bit of an Austrian accent :))
3) Chef Al is playing with the menu, currently he has taken the Buffalo Sirloin Steak off and replaced it with Buffalo Short Ribs. They have two new desserts: chocolate cheesecake with grand mariner mousse and a fig clafoutis.

DawsonAR
10-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I hate to hear that. The Buffalo Sirloin Steak was our favorite. I'm not sure we will visit there next trip.

henry.james.s
10-28-2008, 12:31 PM
The Sirloin is great but a Buffalo Short Rib dish, if done correctly (and why wouldn't it be) should be out of this world.
I'll be there next month and if it's on the menu I'll give it a try. :thumbsup:

jrkcr
10-28-2008, 01:59 PM
I can't wait to try Artist Point!!
I'm sure I would have ordered the buffalo sirloin, but the ribs sound like a good choice too.

Anyone have an opinion on whether to get the buffalo ribs, or the salmon?

Hmmm...decisions, decisions!
At least I have 25 days to think about it...
:wait:

dmosher
10-28-2008, 03:00 PM
When did this happen? We were there in Sept and to be honest were a bit let-down by both the food and the service. We were not even certain we wanted to go back next trip, which is sad because it was our honeymoon dinner (and first of the trip) when we got married years ago.
:pipes:
D

AHOTE
10-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the heads up. We booked the Artists Point because we heard so much about the Buffalo Sirloin Steak that we just had to try it. We'll go with the Buffalo Short Ribs, :eat: I'm hoping they'll be just as good. We'll let you know how they were when we get back. Only 7 more days! :wait:

:baseball: GO PHILLIES!

SallyP
10-28-2008, 04:02 PM
When did this happen? We were there in Sept and to be honest were a bit let-down by both the food and the service. We were not even certain we wanted to go back next trip, which is sad because it was our honeymoon dinner (and first of the trip) when we got married years ago.
D
Just last week.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-28-2008, 06:29 PM
DH and I are eating there on our arrival day; November 24th. We love Artist Point. We're celebrating our belated anniversary dinner there that night. It's a wonderful place to dine. LOVE it!!!!:thumbsup:

Next trip: 11/24th thru 12/5 @ the POP

Natazu
10-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Hey Sally, do you know if Sue is still at Jiko?

TheRustyScupper
10-28-2008, 10:35 PM
I hate to hear that. The Buffalo Sirloin Steak was our favorite.

Ribs are cheaper than steak.

cal5755
10-28-2008, 10:59 PM
We will be trying this on 11/13. I guess it is a good thing I am not a steak finatic lol. I sure hope the restaurant and atmosphere is great!

LittleRoosMommy
10-29-2008, 09:36 AM
We just ate there on 10/20 and the Buffalo Sirloin Steak was still on the menu. They must have made the changes after that?? Also, the new desserts weren't on the menu either. We had the berry cobbler and it was delicious!!

sorarail
10-29-2008, 02:29 PM
DH and I have an ADR for AP on Nov 12 for our 25th anniversary dinner. DH was really looking forward to the buffalo steak, but we regularly buy bison ribeyes at our local market. We both love shortribs and local market never has bison shortribs, so we'll definitely be trying them! :eat:

SallyP
10-29-2008, 04:36 PM
We just ate there on 10/20 and the Buffalo Sirloin Steak was still on the menu. They must have made the changes after that?? Also, the new desserts weren't on the menu either. We had the berry cobbler and it was delicious!!

I don't know if the cobbler was taken off or not but the 2 new desserts were added Sunday, Oct. 26. The sirloin to short ribs happened early that same week.
Chef Al is 'trying' new items, they may stay on, they may not. ;)

Hey Sally, do you know if Sue is still at Jiko?
I don't know for sure Jym. If I hear anything I'll let you know. :)

Figaro0826
10-29-2008, 05:07 PM
What is their best dessert?

going there on sept 09 trip.

ElenitaB
10-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Ribs are cheaper than steak.
Not in my neck of the woods! Now, everytime I buy short ribs, I remember the "good old days" when they were cheaper. Of course, pricing might be different with bison, but with beef, I would love to see some "cheap-ish" short ribs.

LittleRoosMommy
10-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the information! I have friends that are going and were thinking about trying AP for the buffalo. I'll let them know! It's always good to spice things up and keep them fresh! We enjoyed our meal very much and will definitely return sometime!

SurferStitch
11-04-2008, 01:48 PM
D

I have to agree. We were just there a couple weeks ago, and while it was okay (nothing weird that made us sick), we won't be repeating it.

DH got the pork chop, and while it tasted okay, he said it was bland. No seasoning at all, and if there was no "dipping sauce", it would have tasted like a basic pork chop. He had the venison spring rolls as an appetizer, but didn't rave about them. I tried them, and didn't like them. Too gamy.

I got the scallops, and again, they tasted okay, but had no real flavor. No seasoning again. I also stressed I wanted them fully cooked, but they were pretty gelatinous (a couple were practically raw in the middle). I had the smoky portobello soup, and it was good.

Service was mediocre. Our server was pretty slow, and we got tired of waiting for him, so we skipped dessert there to have drinks and dessert back in the Sugar Loaf lounge. He also never checked back with us to see if our meals were okay.

I don't know....guess it just wasn't our thing. We also thought the dining room seemed more like a cafeteria with the layout and lighting. Not very intimate, and quite loud.

Still glad we tried it. Now we won't feel bad about skipping it on future trips. Geeze...I really wish I had better things to say about it, but I'm just being honest. Sorry.