PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Cafe

WeLuvBuzz
10-28-2008, 10:40 AM
DH and I are leaving on the 11/8 for a week long anniversary trip. We have two non-park days that we are going to just wander around and do whatever before our evening dinner ADRs. I see this restaurant has nachos on the menu. We like to sit back and relax with a plate of nachos (and a beer if possible). Is this the type of place where that might work at about 1 or 2 in the afternoon during the off season without an ADR? Can we get a beer there? I wanted to go over and visit Ft. Wilderness at some time and I thought this would be a good stop along the way.

TheDuckRocks
10-28-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm thinking you are refering to Whispering Canyon Cafe, if so you might want to do a little research as "sit back and relax" are terms that come to mind at WCC. From Info Central:
Whispering Canyon Café
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Hours: Breakfast 7:30 am - 11:00am
Lunch Noon – 3:00pm
Dinner 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Type: Family Style Service and Table Service
Price Range: Most Items $16-$25
Advanced Dining Reservations: Yes
Cuisine: American Fare
Description: This down home American care is known for its all-you-care-to-eat “skillet” meals and the zany antics of its hosts and hostesses. This not-so-quite café is sure to serve up a root’n toot’n good time along some belly fill’n grub.
As for being able to get a seat, our experience in mid Oct. was that the restaurant and not even half full at lunch time.

SallyP
10-28-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm thinking you are refering to Whispering Canyon Cafe, if so you might want to do a little research as "sit back and relax" are terms that come to mind at WCC.

I believe TheDuckRocks meant to say "sit back and relax" are NOT terms that come to mind at WCC'". If not, I apologize for assuming. :blush:
I personally do not find WCC relaxing; fun maybe in a loud, raucous kind of way, but not relaxing.

WeLuvBuzz, you could get a beer at the pool bar but I'm not sure if they serve Nachos or not. Unfortunately the Territory Lounge at WL doesn't open until 4 or 4:30, now that is a great place to relax with a beer.

VWL Mom
10-28-2008, 02:04 PM
I can't remember if they have nachos at the pool bar either. I know they had them at Roaring Forks last year. You can get an order and take them out to the pool bar. We like to take some snacks and have our drinks :marg::beer: at one of the tables behind the bar by the beach. So peaceful in the afternoon. Six days 13hours to go:yay:

dmosher
10-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Not sure about the nachos, but go to Roaring Forks and get the breakfast croissant, we get it every morning ... yummy gooey goodness!
:pipes:
D

A Mouse Fan
10-29-2008, 11:46 AM
If you want Nachos and Beer in a relaxing environment at the WL...try the bar! It's a smallish bar that has a lot of TV's (for you sports fans) but serves bar food and great drinks AND its a heck of a lot quieter than the Whispering Canyon Cafe!

WeLuvBuzz
10-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the info. On one of our resort exploring days we will wander through and see what we find. Glad to know there are options for a substantial snack and an adult beverage or two.

TheDuckRocks
10-29-2008, 12:21 PM
I believe TheDuckRocks meant to say "sit back and relax" are NOT terms that come to mind at WCC'". If not, I apologize for assuming. :blush:

Oops!:blush: Yes Sally, I did forget the "NOT".

Also from that "other" internet WDW website, their updated menu no longer has the natchos listed.:( The chicken quesadilla and chili are also not mentioned. The appetizers now listed are:
Southwestern Chicken Soup - $6.49
Western Chips and Dip - $8.49
Cheese and Sausage Plate - $7.99
Mixed Greens Salad - $5.49

SgtTigger
11-01-2008, 06:51 PM
unless things have changed since June I do know this was on the menu at Territory Lounge.

Honey-Ginger Chicken Wings
Nachos - Made with beef chili, cheddar cheese, and salsa
Pulled Pork & Cole Slaw Flatbread

I dont remember what else they had.....
Hope that helps...

As far as grabing Nachos at Roaring Forks fell free to grab some and grab a drink and go sit out by the beach and have a great time...
You can also take out from the Lounge I do it all the time......

:cop::tigger:

Aggie97
11-02-2008, 12:35 AM
We got nachos to-go from Territory Lounge a few nights ago. They were very tasty, actually! :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
11-02-2008, 09:42 AM
1) The Territory Lounge is not for you, as it isn't open at the time you need.
2) You can get nachos at Roaring Fork and a beer at the pool bar.
3) Relax near the pool if the weather permits.

NOTE: Unfortunately, resort bars at WDW do not open until 4:00pm-5:00pm, depending upon the bar. The same goes for most "quiet and relaxing" afternoon eateries.