PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story wait time

dixiepixie
10-28-2008, 10:26 AM
I know that the TSM wait times have been long, with fast passes selling out early. We will be there in January and are doing two HS days but won't be getting there until about lunchtime. We will be there 1/16 (Friday) and 1/22 (Thursday). I am worried that we will have a hard time getting to ride this, what do you think?

Imagineer1981
10-28-2008, 10:53 AM
In January your wait time at most will be 30 minutes...tops. It is so dead during that time it shouldn't be any problem

vicster
10-28-2008, 11:14 AM
We were there in September and got fast passes right away. When we returned to use our fast passes the standby time was 270 mins.

Strmchsr
10-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah, even during a supposedly very slow week a few weeks ago standby times were 60+ minutes throughout the day. Definitely grab a fastpass and then do the standbye if you want to ride it twice.

AwPhooey
10-28-2008, 11:32 AM
During my recent trip (Oct. 4-12), the shortest wait time I saw for TSMM was 70 minutes and the longest I saw was 120 minutes.

I'd recommend getting to the park early and getting fastpasses. Also, I'd suggest that a member of your party taking all of your passes and getting them alone while the rest of your party does something else. That way, you can run to TSMM faster and the lines at the fastpass machines will be less crowded.

mcjaco
10-28-2008, 11:41 AM
In January your wait time at most will be 30 minutes...tops. It is so dead during that time it shouldn't be any problem

No way it's 30 minutes tops. TSM had waits over 2 hours last week, when I was there. They're so long, that you can almost walk onto Tower of Terror and RnRC now.

Get to the park when it opens and head straight to TSM. Trust me, just follow the crowd, and go to the right to get Fast Passes. Most everyone else goes directly to the line.

LittleRoosMommy
10-28-2008, 11:50 AM
No way it's 30 minutes tops. TSM had waits over 2 hours last week, when I was there. They're so long, that you can almost walk onto Tower of Terror and RnRC now.

Get to the park when it opens and head straight to TSM. Trust me, just follow the crowd, and go to the right to get Fast Passes. Most everyone else goes directly to the line.

I agree with the above. We didn't see anything under 90min anytime we were there last week. We were finally able to get FPs on Thurs., even the FP wait was 30min!

Definitely go straight to the ride and get FPs first thing!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-28-2008, 11:59 AM
yesterday it was 60 minutes at about 12p and then by about 230p it was 110 minutes...

dixiepixie
10-28-2008, 12:05 PM
We won't be getting to the park until lunchtime, that's my concern. Do you think there will be any fastpasses left?

Polynesian Dweller
10-28-2008, 12:18 PM
We won't be getting to the park until lunchtime, that's my concern. Do you think there will be any fastpasses left?

All last week the FP were all gone before 11am. I'd doubt it. This really is a popular ride and for good reason, its one of the best things Disney has done in years, tremendous fun.

If it helps, it also has a great queue. We missed the FP and had a 70min line and it did not feel that long. It was actually kind of fun especially once you got to Mr. Potato Head.:mickey:

CaptSmee
10-28-2008, 06:09 PM

I would not count on this...this attraction is massively popular...I would plan on waiting min. on a slow day about an hour.

stitch1969
10-28-2008, 09:06 PM

We were there this past Thursday and arrived at the park at 4pm. Fastpasses were gone and the ride was actually closed due to technical difficulties. We came back around 7pm and the wait was 90 minutes. We waited in the line and it actually took only 45 minutes to get on. It was soooo worth it. We went back Friday morning at park opening and rushed with everyone else there to the ride. We were on in 5 minutes and by the time we got off the ride, the wait time was 60 minutes already.

Belster
10-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Just got back, I agree with all pp that I never saw a wait below 70 minutes. We were able to obtain fast passes at 9:00 am with a return time of 11:25, our actual wait was about 30 minutes. We wanted to get back on that ride all week and we couldn't, my poor DS was crying about it. :(

You may have better luck when you go in January.

Bobby T
10-29-2008, 02:10 AM
Was at Hollywood Studios last Saturday and got to TSM at 9:30. (EMH was in effect but we were not able to get there until 9) Standby line was 40 minutes, and the FASTPASS was 2:30 - 3:30.

Disney Doll
10-29-2008, 07:47 AM
We were there last Friday and the fastpasses were gone by noon. It was a rainy day so the park was not crowded at all, but the line for TSM was still going strong. We got a FP around 9:30 and when we returned to ride about noon the standby wait was 70 min. We still ended up waiting about 20 min with a FP. It is a very fun ride and we would have loved to ride it again, but the line was just too long. I think you have to get there before noon if you really want to ride. No matter how cool I just can't justify waiting over an hour for any ride. If I can't get a fastpass, I'm not waiting.

RedSoxFan
10-29-2008, 08:00 AM
We were there last week and fast passes were gone by noontime if not earlier. Wait time was up to two hours in the afternoon. We were able to get a fast pass one day and stood in line for an hour on another day. Great attraction!!

mdhiggin
10-29-2008, 12:46 PM
We got there in Sept. for EMH late afternoon. We stopped by to check the line. It was about 100 people out the front door, so we moved on. With EMH the park was open 'til 12 AM, so when everyone started walking towards the exit with about 10 min. of park time left, we headed to TSM. There were about 5 min. left then. We got there and walked in all the way to Potato Head. It was still about a 15 minute wait from that point but oh so much nicer than before.

Polynesian Dweller
10-29-2008, 01:46 PM
We were there last Friday and the fastpasses were gone by noon. It was a rainy day so the park was not crowded at all, but the line for TSM was still going strong. We got a FP around 9:30 and when we returned to ride about noon the standby wait was 70 min. We still ended up waiting about 20 min with a FP. It is a very fun ride and we would have loved to ride it again, but the line was just too long. I think you have to get there before noon if you really want to ride. No matter how cool I just can't justify waiting over an hour for any ride. If I can't get a fastpass, I'm not waiting.
That's the exact 70 minute lineup we got in last Friday. Normally I'd agree about line length, but got to say, this was a surprise how quickly that line seemed to move. It wasn't the excruciating wait of some other lines at Disney, quite fun actually. They really got this attraction right including the standby queue.

LarryBoy
10-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Are the wait times this long just because of the newness and popularity of TSM, or is it also slow loading or low capacity?

Bobby T
10-30-2008, 01:32 AM
I'm sure others can give a more technical explanation, but it did seem to me the load/unload time took longer than I expected. Perhaps that is a result of this being a brand new attraction, and new riders are enjoying the sights and sounds of the load area instead of boarding the vehicle.

SurferStitch
10-30-2008, 07:56 AM
We were there last week and fast passes were gone by noontime if not earlier. Wait time was up to two hours in the afternoon. We were able to get a fast pass one day and stood in line for an hour on another day. Great attraction!!

I'll totally ditto this. We were in WDW from 10/11 - 10/24, and never saw lines below 70 minutes. A couple times it was 120-140 minutes. FP's were gone by about 11:00 am.

Ride was awesome. We absolutely loved it. The second time we rode it, I mentioned as we were getting out of the car that I had to do it one more time. A CM overheard me, and handed us two FP's that we could use right away, so we got right back in line. It was incredible!

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
10-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Slight tangent, but there's always the LUCKY way. . .

DW and I were there end of August / early September this year. Our first time there since TSMM opened. We knew that the ride has long wait times and that it is a must to get FPs early, but it was our 10th anniversary trip, so we were sleeping in a bit rather than rushing to the parks. Too late to get FPs -- by the time we got to the park, they were gone for the day. So.......

We went to TSMM around 3:00 for the first time that day. The wait time was about 240 minutes. No way we're waiting that long. But there was a big crowd milling about in that area, and by absolute, pure fortuity, two very nice ladies with some children came up to us and asked if we wanted to ride TSMM. We said yes, but that we weren't going to wait 240 minutes. Out came 2 FPs from the very nice ladies!!! They said that both of their entire families had gotten them, but that their husbands were not there and weren't going to ride. We said that we couldn't take them -- what if their husbands wanted to ride later? But they insisted, so instead of 240 minutes, DW and I got to ride after waiting only about 10 minutes in the FP line! But wait, it gets better..........

It was EMH night at HS. We figured that the TSMM lines MUST be shorter during EMH. We thought we had planned it perfectly by seeing the early Fantasmic showing that night, then showing up to TSMM during the second Fantasmic showing which occurred during the early part of EMH. No luck. Even during EMH (an hour into it, in fact, so all non-EMH people were already cleared from the park), the line was still 120 minutes. Yikes! But we had already ridden it that day, so even though the ride is GREAT and we would have loved to ride it again, we weren't going to waste our entire EMH time waiting in one line. But we like to talk to CMs, so we started chatting with the very nice CM (I wish I could remember his name!) working the line, just talking generally about the new ride, how wait times are at different times of the day and during different seasons, etc. After talking to him for a few minutes (just trying to be friendly and learn a little bit), out come two special FPs! So off we went through the FP line again, waiting less than 10 minutes to ride when there was a 120 minute.

So -- twice in one day waiting less than 20 minutes total when the combined wait during our two rides was 360 minutes!!!

Of course, this is not the norm. I admit that we got TOTALLY lucky. Maybe it was just a little "unofficial" Disney magic.

joanna71985
10-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Are the wait times this long just because of the newness and popularity of TSM, or is it also slow loading or low capacity?

Both.

Polynesian Dweller
10-30-2008, 04:24 PM
It is not a continuous load ride such as Buzz Lightyear or Haunted Mansion. Its close but there is a slight delay as a car comes up to the loading gates. I wouldn't say slow loading either, it is faster than most.

Aggie97
11-02-2008, 12:23 AM
On Sunday the 26th, the wait times we saw ranged from 80 to 100 minutes. There were evening EMHs that night. We got in line for TSM right before the second Fantasmic! show let out. The quoted wait time was 70 minutes, but we just did not think it would be that long, based on the look of the queue (the end of the line didn't even extend to the entrance, and there were no more FP riders being added to the mix). We waited only 35 minutes to ride. By the time we exited the ride, the queue had extended through the switchbacks outside of the building. (By the way, the ride is FANTASTIC!) :mickey:

MinnieMommie
11-02-2008, 10:31 AM
If there is any chance you can change your schedule so you get to the park 1st thing in the morning? This attraction is fantastic! and getting their at park opening will aloow you to go on a few times (and get a fast pass).

If you will enter in the afternoon get a fast pass first thing. I like the idea if going in line around the time of Fantasmic. My kids do that for other attractions with some success. But either way get a fast pass so you can enjoy the attraction more than once. :mickey:

Bethanymouse
11-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Its a tough call. I think that no matter what time of the year it is, this ride will be packed for awhile. Your wait times will probably be well over an hour and by lunch time I am going to predict the FP will be out. It is worth the wait on line however, so try it out if you can!

Zawadi
11-02-2008, 02:25 PM
We've seen the standby line time board showing 80 minutes. At the time, we had a valid FP and was about to enter the FP line. We were stopped by people backing out of the FP line, as inside the building there was a very small standby line. Like these people, we held on to our FP's and joined the standby. As we did so, the clock dropped to 20 mins. We actually waited 15 and used our FP later that day.:D:D:D

Sometimes the wait time clock has not been reset - join the line, enter the building and judge for yourself, you can always leave and go back later.

LudwigVonDrake
11-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Be prepared to wait a while :mickey:

MinnieMommie
11-05-2008, 08:12 PM
My friend got back today and said she got to HS around 10:30am. The Toy Story line was 120min and the fastpass was for 6pm. :mickey:

CaptSmee
11-05-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't understand the popularity. It's a fun ride, but who in their right mind would wait 100+ minutes to ride a 2 minute ride?!? Don't get me wrong, it's fun but c'mon now!