PDA

View Full Version : Longest waits?

SandmanGStefani24
10-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Let's hear it...your longest wait for a ride..

Mine are not as bad as some of yours I'm pretty sure...

65 Minutes Pre-fastpass for Splash
60 Minutes Post-Fastpass (!) for Soarin'

Gotta say I enjoyed the wait for Splash better since there was more to look at on that ride's queue area. Soarin's wait was dull as...well, like looking at a stovetop. :D

teambricker04
10-27-2008, 11:55 PM
We don't usually wait in long lines (we have little kids and that is a pain for us and everyone around us!). We have been known to skip rides. DS#1 LOVES LOVES LOVES Peter Pan... it is soooo hard to say no, but when the line is over 70 min there is no way. If we can't fast pass it then we'll skip it. Our max is about a half hour, depending on the ride.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
10-28-2008, 01:23 AM
3 Hours for Test Track, before the days of Fast Passes.

Two and a half hours for Tower of Terror, again before FPs.

Two for Splash, yet again...before FPs.

Morale of my post: THANK DISNEY FOR FPs!!!!

Chris :hatter:

brdavis
10-28-2008, 07:38 AM
3 Hours for Test Track, before the days of Fast Passes... THANK DISNEY FOR FPs!!!!
Agreed. As a kid, I was lucky enough to hit EPCOT the year it opened. IMS, it was over four hours for Journey into Imagination. We played a lot of cards that day...

Note: prior to FP, I had plenty of 1-2 hour waits for "standard" rides like SM or BTMR. But in the list of record waits, yeah... a couple of hours is still "short".

--
Brian Davis

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-28-2008, 08:01 AM
The longest wait for a ride was probably Buzz Lightyear and the wait was 1 1/2 hours....but my longest wait for a Disney attraction was 2 1/2 hours for Honey I Shrunk the Audience...(we all wanted to leave but my sister threw a fit to wait)

c&d
10-28-2008, 10:15 AM
2.5 hours on Splash Mtn. before Fastpasses.

Imagineer1981
10-28-2008, 10:59 AM
2 hours for EE when it first opened and FP was down.

Thanks you Disney for inventing FP. Imagine what the lines would be like today. I remember waiting over an hour for Space Mountain as a kid in the 80s when attendance wasn't as high as it is today

Meteora
10-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Probably about 45 minutes...we're all too impatient to wait longer than that for a five-ten minute ride. We have waited upwards of an hour for shows, though, including Fantasmic and Finding Nemo. And if my sister wants to wait for more than an hour for ToT or Space Mountain or RnR, we're more than happy to let her do that and wander around taking in the scenery. :mickey:

KylesMom
10-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Although we've seen lines for TestTrack, Space Mountain, Soarin', Expedition Everest, RnRC and Tower of Terror exceed 200 minutes in the summer time (levels of crowds and breakdowns combined), we've never stood in a standby line for an attraction for more than 40 minutes. There are just too many other great options available instead of waiting in lines with FastPass!

The longest line we've stood in at Disney World was a 2 1/2 hour merchandise line for Star Wars Weekends several years ago. Following that, there was the 90 minute line we stood in line for to meet Darth Vader two summers ago . . .

mcjaco
10-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Agreed. As a kid, I was lucky enough to hit EPCOT the year it opened. IMS, it was over four hours for Journey into Imagination. We played a lot of cards that day...

Note: prior to FP, I had plenty of 1-2 hour waits for "standard" rides like SM or BTMR. But in the list of record waits, yeah... a couple of hours is still "short".

--
Brian Davis

I went to EPCOT three weeks after it opened. There were no lines. Anywhere. It was kind of surreal for a new park. :lol:

I know as a kid we waited in lines for SM, and BTM for over an hours, and Splash for around two hours during a trip to DL. I won't wait in anything over 30 minutes now, if I can get a Fast Pass.

kemps@wdw
10-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Was there a pre-FP era? :scratch: My mind has conveniently erased all memories of that time so long ago! :drama: If the wait is more than 20 min, then we'll move along. :bus:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-28-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm the one who can tell you how long a queue line is typically from looking.

As such, I never ride if it's more than 20, unless I am with friends visiting.

Sinewiz
10-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Way too much to see and do for me to wait much longet than 30 minues for anything. If I see 40 minute wait which will be slightly more than 30 I'll get in line. If not I move on. I'll check back later or fast pass it if it's something I really need to see. Cant imagine standing in line for two hours for anything. Most of my trips are in slower months so I'm probably spoiled by the shorter lines.

Tbelle1976
10-29-2008, 06:59 AM
I agree with everyone. There is no way I would spend anymore than about 45 min. in line for something when there is so much more to do. Just like about everyone else, if I can't FP it, I'll come back later or have been known to skip it altogether.

hubbyofadisneyholic
10-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Was there a pre-FP era? :scratch: My mind has conveniently erased all memories of that time so long ago! :drama: If the wait is more than 20 min, then we'll move along. :bus:

EXACTLY!!

When my wife & I made our first trip to WDW between Chrsitmas & New Years of 1985 it was just MK and EPCOT, well before anyone had even dreamed of Fastpasses. We waited in 2 - 3 hour lines for EVERYTHING.
It even took over a 1/2 hr to get a hot dog at Casey's.

We stayed offsite and traffic was total gridlock from the RT. 192 area all the way to the parks.:jaw::jaw: