PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite theme park and why???

rachel_future_candy_maker
10-27-2008, 07:17 PM
what is your favorite themepark -magic kngdom, epocot, animal kingdom, or mgm- and why?

mine is magic kngdom because it has the best rides:pixie:

IloveDisney71
10-27-2008, 07:21 PM
MK - For me it was the only park for me to go to until I was about 10 years old or so. I have so many special memories there with friends and family. I can spend an entire day there and still not see everything I want to see because it offers so much to see and do!

faline
10-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Magic Kingdom. On each trip, I probably spend more time in this park than any other. It probably goes back to the days when we first visited Disney World and the Magic Kingdom was the only park. Plus, we grew up with images of Disneyland.

SBETigg
10-27-2008, 07:33 PM
If I had to choose, it would be Magic Kingdom. It epitomizes the magic and wonder of Disney to me. But it's tough to choose. I love them all.

c&d
10-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Magic Kingdom. I love all the rides and it still gives me a chill down my spine when I first step foot on Main Street.

Imagineer1981
10-28-2008, 10:56 AM
I think the majority will always say Magic Kingdom...the others are great, but MK is the best

Disney fans..
10-28-2008, 10:57 AM
It seems like I am the cheese that stands alone..my fav is Epcot. I love all the countries and just how beautiful it is at night along the water. It could be because my first trip was in 04 and I was 24 then, so it appealed to me more, but my kids and husband love MK the most so we spend the majority of our trip there. Don't get me wrong MK is my second fav..but it's because my kids love it so much and what makes them happy also makes me happy!

mcjaco
10-28-2008, 11:47 AM
It seems like I am the cheese that stands alone..my fav is Epcot.

I love cheese, so I'll stand with you. EPCOT is my favorite, and has been since I was eight and our first trip shortly after it opened.

For theming, I have to go with Animal Kingdom. I think it's Disney's most impressive parks for overall theming and detail.

AdventurerKim
10-28-2008, 01:17 PM
MK is my favorite of all because it is the original and has the most fun rides. Plus, it holds lots of memories. :mickey:

Princess'Mom
10-28-2008, 01:32 PM
MK reminds me of my childhood and trips to DL with my family. Now with my own child - MK holds a special spot in my heart. When we go, I'm not sure who is more excited - my DD or me!:mickey:

thrillme
10-28-2008, 02:29 PM
I think my favorite park changes everytime. This year I really liked Animal Kingdom. It was a breeze getting fast passes throughout the park. I loved the Safari Breakfast...everything was so smooth and laid back and we got to go swimming afterwards.

My DS loves MGM (I just can't get used to Hollywood Studios...it's still MGM to me). I really liked it too. We didn't get a chance to do the Backlot Tour (no time) or the Great Movie Ride. Somebody was renewing their vows...sweet I guess but...it screwed things up for our ONLY day there...I was rather bummed. I can see them blocking off perhaps a part of the castle or a courtyard but shutting down a whole ride??? I guess it happens, but it was the first time I ever experienced it. It might have been kinda cool when they came out...they had a red carpet and photographers etc...like they were stars or something.

Tinkerbella16
10-28-2008, 03:11 PM
As much as I love MK... My favorite would have to be Epcot. I spend much more time when I'm in the world at Epcot than I do the other parks. I can take my time there, take in the atmosphere, walk around World Showcase, look around in all of the giftshops, grab a snack from each country, and visit one of the many amazing restaurants. Epcot doesn't feel so congested as the other 3 parks, and there's so much to see and do for everyone. I can have a good time just sitting on a bench, people watching, and listening to the park music.

PETE FROM NYC
10-28-2008, 05:27 PM
MK gets my vote for favorite.After all,I am the world's biggest kid.
EPCOT used to be my second choice but became a distant fourth choice now.Why? Because it used to be a learning experience,but after what they did to Universe of Energy, and the Living Seas, those attractions became jokes.
Besides I really miss Horizons,World of Motion, Wonders of Life, and the original Journey into Imagination.

kemps@wdw
10-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Epcot!:thumbsup: So much diversity...so much technology...so much FOOD!

brownie
10-29-2008, 10:29 AM
It would have to be Epcot. It was the first park I visited at Disney World and I have always discovered new things every time I've gone. I like the openness of the park. I also like to navigate World Showcase and take everything in.

handmaidenofprincesses
10-29-2008, 01:38 PM
My vote also goes to the Magic Kingdom.... big surprise, right?

The Magic Kingdom has that wonderful juxtaposition of magic and reality, of adventure and tranquility, that makes it a place where there's something for everyone to enjoy all of the time. I can't resist it! To be able to walk amongst your childhood heroes when, in the outside world, they're only works of fiction; to be able to fulfill dreams that defy every scientific principle known to man; to see your dreams and the dreams of others fulfilled at every turn... There's a reason it's called "magic" and it's as addictive as it is amazing.

...And I woldn't have it any other way :mickey:

tink2006
10-29-2008, 05:00 PM
It seems like I am the cheese that stands alone..my fav is Epcot. I love all the countries and just how beautiful it is at night along the water. It could be because my first trip was in 04 and I was 24 then, so it appealed to me more, but my kids and husband love MK the most so we spend the majority of our trip there. Don't get me wrong MK is my second fav..but it's because my kids love it so much and what makes them happy also makes me happy!

You do not stand alone....I am the brie cheese next to you ;) I love Epcot with MK a VERY close second. We just have a great time walking around the worlds enjoying the food, entertainment etc. I remember spending entire days at MK when DS was younger (wow, what memories!). Now that DS is 16 it is nice to enjoy/relax as a family in Epcot.

Disneyfan1971
11-08-2008, 12:16 AM
It would have to be Magic Kingdom for me. This was the only park open in 1980. But there was something about it..it's hard to explain. After going to Epcot in 1983, I definitely liked MK better..mainly because of Space Mountain but the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, Astro Orbiter, It's a Small World and so on.

I've also been to MGM (now DHS)...again, it's not my favorite. So overall, the MK is by far my favorite---with Main Street, Cinderella's Castle...Can't beat it :)

goofygirl67
11-08-2008, 07:41 AM
I find the during the day EPCOT is my favorite to walk around and take things in slowly at my own pace, afterall I'm on vacation. AK is good for this too.
MK is my favorite at night. I love how everything is lite up. I don't have any kids and most of those that go are too tired by the time I get there and lines are not that long. I know it sounds selfish but night time is for the big kids.

bertasso59
11-08-2008, 04:03 PM
EPCOT hands down.Even though they got rid of the best in FW(Horizons,WOM and the original Imagination)the layout is simple and well spaced,the landscaping and music is the best and WS is still a great way to see the world.

Tbelle1976
11-08-2008, 10:12 PM
It's hard for me to choose between MK and Epcot. I like MK for the "magic", and the feeling I get when walking down Main St for the first time again. However, I could spend an entire day in WS at Epcot because I just love it!

mickey&missy
11-09-2008, 07:22 AM
MK!! To me IT IS Disney World!!

BigRedDad
11-09-2008, 07:35 AM
I think it really depends on your age. I was at WDW when it opened in 71. I don't think it was opening day and I would have been in diapers and stroller anyway. The only thing then was MK. If I had to say now, I would say visiting Epcot for myself. However, I love MK through my DD's eyes.

Simba's Mom
11-09-2008, 12:42 PM
I love Animal Kingdom best. Besides your age, I think it partially depends on the make-up of your traveling party. I go solo a lot, or just with DH, so we love to just sit on a bench or go on Panjani Trail and watch the animals. I'm fascinated with watching the vet procedures out at Conservation Station. But I'm aware that if your traveling party includes children, sitting on a bench or watching vet procedures probably isn't for you. And those walkways are so bumpy, I often wonder how people with strollers manuver.

Zawadi
11-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Tough question!!

For DW and myself it is probably AK as this is a delightful belend of Disney Magic and nature. All of the greenery makes a pleasant (and often cooler in the Florida sun) change to the urban (concrete) setting of the other parks. As we love animals, especially the "Big Cats" we could go on the Kilimanjaro Safari or the Maharajah Jungle Trek all day.

lightyearfan
11-10-2008, 12:30 PM
well for me i've always loved MGM(DHS), i just love the overall theme of the park and i love the movie themed rides and shows, and now with the addition of Toy Story Mania, it has 1 of the best rides in all of WDW(IMHO)

VIctor

TinkerbellT421
11-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Hmm I have to say that I love both MK and EPCOT for two completely different reasons than each other. I love MK because of the truly "magically" feeling you get the second you walk through the front gates and glance down main street and see the castle in the background, its all so "picture-esque". And EPCOT for so many reasons. The rides, :figment:, WS....EPCOT was my favorite park when I was 8! It was the only park with a ride (Figment) that my dad was able to ride with me do to have a St. Edwards Heart Valve he couldnt go on a lot of rides. And that is the most magical memory I have in my head ever since I was a kid. Just being able to have that ride where my father was able to ride it with me. Im getting teary eyed just remembering it. :sad: For that Figment will always hold a special place in my :heart:

indytraveler
11-10-2008, 01:28 PM
MK is favorite... Like many of you with first visits in the '70s. MK was the only park in town. Too many memories not to have it my favorite park.

speedmouse93
11-14-2008, 05:48 PM
MGM is my favorite LOTS of action goin on there

SandmanGStefani24
11-14-2008, 06:11 PM
it has, and always will be, Epcot.

I love dark rides, I love travel, and I love learning. Epcot gives me all of that between the rides and the World Showcase. I always go there last, and love every bit of it. If I only had one day, that's where you'd find me. :number1:

dmosher
11-14-2008, 07:29 PM
THough I truly love visiting every park, I am a traditionalist and it never really feels like I am in WDW till I see the castle. Only then am I really there! of course a quick ride on pirates helps too!
:pipes:
D

iheartdisney
11-14-2008, 07:58 PM
MK is favorite... Like many of you with first visits in the '70s. MK was the only park in town. Too many memories not to have it my favorite park.

Ditto! My cousin was an electrician that helped build MK. When it opened our family got passes and I remember my grandparents showing us around, telling us of what they knew about creating this magical place. I was too young to appreciate it then but MK still holds my happiest childhood memories.

laward32
11-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Mine is MK. It IS Disney. It's our first and last park during our trips. :mickey:

mom2morgan
11-15-2008, 01:12 PM
It was the only park with a ride (Figment) that my dad was able to ride with me do to have a St. Edwards Heart Valve he couldnt go on a lot of rides. And that is the most magical memory I have in my head ever since I was a kid. Just being able to have that ride where my father was able to ride it with me. Im getting teary eyed just remembering it. :sad: For that Figment will always hold a special place in my :heart:

*sniff* I think that is one of the most touching things I've ever read! And it really epitomizes the magic of Disney - it is NOT the "bigger and better" thrill rides...those we could find somewhere else. It is the pure magic of the memories we make with the people we love!

honeebee86
11-15-2008, 03:06 PM
:number1:This is a really hard thing for me to answer and a lot of people ask me this because I am such a WDW fanatic. All the parks are so different and wonderful in there own way; they all have something special and unique. I have to say Magic Kingdom only because there is nothing like walking under the railroad station at night and looking down Main Street all lit up and seeing Cinderella's Castle glowing in the background. I spend about an hour standing in the middle of Main St. looking at the castle.:cloud9:

Tinkerbelly84
11-15-2008, 08:40 PM
definately magic kingdom! I love them all but MK is by far my favorite.:thumbsup:

Darin M
11-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Because of the movies. I am a filmmaker and when I get home from MGM, I'm always ready for my next project.

RAIDER
11-16-2008, 04:22 AM
Epcot for me ..Probably as its more grown up and its has the best eateries and its the home of Soarin and i love riding Test Track at night and i love chillin out listening to the British Invasion :thumbsup:

FenwayGirl
11-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Epcot, hands down, with AK in a close second. We usuallly spend a majority of our trips at these 2 parks. We travel with kids and adults and the kids love these parks too!!

4ubie1
11-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Mine would be EPCOT with MK a very VERY close second. I love visiting the different countries or as I like to put it "eating my way through different countries" And there is a peacefulness there that I don't find in MK. I like to sit somewhere near the lake and people watch as I am eating some delicious treat from some country. :cloud9:

Like others have said, MK is my close second choice 'cause it represents what Walt was trying to achieve with his parks. It is a part of him. :mickey:

cer
11-20-2008, 02:47 PM
I am going with Animal Kingdom. I think the theming here is incredible and I love all the trees and plants.

crazyred11588
12-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Epcot and Magic Kingdom hold the top spot for me...Epcot is just so wonderfully peaceful, I love World Showcase more than anything. Not to mention that my parents practically have to DRAG me out after illuminations because I end up as a little puddle of tears on the sidewalk :blush:...as for Magic Kingdom, nothing will EVER top seeing the castle for the first time. Nothing.

MGM is a close third since I'm an art student...I love the art of animation pavillion!:artist:

Epcot fan 421
12-30-2008, 04:19 PM
For me it would have to be Epcot. For some reason to the surprise of my parents when I was little, Epcot was my favorite park. I loved WoM, SSE, and Horizons. I like how everything is spaced out and futureworld has such a futuristic relaxed theme. I like the Epcot attractions because you're not put in dire or scary situations, rather you're there to experience the different things.

dteed
12-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Magic Kingdom is mine. Don't get me wrong, I love them all, but only MK has the Magic.

stitchaholic
12-30-2008, 05:35 PM
i have to agree with the sentiment and magic surrounding MK and the first sight of the castle,however epcot can entertain endlessly for days and animal kingdom is like stepping into the jungle,another world.
my DD immidiatly answered epcot at first,she is 10,and then changed it to AK because she is an animal lover and loved everest.
it's too hard to pick a favorite,but i could name my least favorite,it would be HS(i also continue to call it MGM)

Georgesgirl1
12-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Epcot is my favorite with MK as a close second. I love the World Showcase with all of the gardens, places to eat, shops, and it just seems more peaceful to me than the other parks (except during Food and Wine!). I still love FW even if they did mess up Journey into Imagination and got rid of Horizons. I love Living with the Land and I have since I was very little. Also, DH and I think Illuminations is the best fireworks show in WDW!

cindchan
12-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Epcot!!! All the way!

It was the first of the Disney parks that I ever went to. I miss Horizons and World of Motion. I also miss the original Figment. So sad to see those go.... :sad:

I do enjoy some of the rides. I like going through Living Seas, The Land (before it suddenly got popular), and Soarin'!! Love that ride!

And then, there are all the countries!! Love, love, LOVE World Showcase!! :cloud9:

brad192
12-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Oh boy, this is a really hard choice.

While I really like Epcot for its educational & cultural presentation, my heart still lies with the Magic Kingdom.

I first visited MK on Christmas day in 1971, the first year WDW was around. It was the most wonderful day of my life, at that point, and it made me a "Disneyphile" at the tender age or 13. So MK will always be my favorite park, although Epcot comes really, really close.

LoriMistress
12-31-2008, 01:04 AM
I love every park for many reasons. I love MK because it's a classic. I love Epcot because of it's WS and how beautiful the park is. I love DHS because of some of the attractions and the light-heart atmosphere. I love AK because it's a beautiful park and it has two great attractions: EE and KS.

Giggy
12-31-2008, 11:35 AM
My favourite still has to be the one and only Magic Kingdom. When we have got to WDW we start there and even the basics like the drive in, the tram ride to the transport centre you can feel the excitement building. Making the choice between monorail and ferry (I can never choose) to the front gate and stepping out onto Mainstreet for the first time. We then get on the Walt Disney World Railroad, take it to Toon Town Fair and go to meet Mickey, Donald and the rest, have a look around and get ourselves warmed up for the rest of the rides with a ride on the Barnstormer.

All the parks are great but Epcot probably comes 2nd and is the one which has grown on me over time. The Future World side of the park always appealed as I've always been interested in science and technology. The World Showcase wasn't as much of a big deal for me when we went in 1998 when I was 8, however returns in 2001 and 2004 when I've been 11 and 15 I have enjoyed it more.

texasteacher
03-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Magic Kingdom is my favorite. I guess it holds the most Disney charm for me since it has the castle. I also feel the presence of Walt.

Mickey91
03-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Magic Kingdom. I get to be 5 again!

wdwfansince75
03-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Magic Kingdom....I get to be 34 again!

yjgirl32
03-20-2009, 08:53 AM
I am a huge animal lover- so Ak for me.

Luv Eeyore
03-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Animal Kingdom! I think it has the best theming and I love animals. Also the best counter service options.

MickeyMousse
03-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Magic Kingdom....it's where the magic happens!!:balloon:

It's possibly the one park where we can ride the most rides as a family.

j&j
03-20-2009, 03:11 PM
ecpot because this was the first park we ever visit. wow that was so special so wonderful.
walking in from the back part going thru the countries.
:mickey::mickey::mickey:

Daddy Mouse
03-22-2009, 02:02 PM
This is a tough one. Let me start with the park I like the least.
AK = Great potential, but not there yet
DHS = I like the smallnes but it needs some changes
EPCOT = Gets better each time I visit (food, sights, shows, and most of FW
MK = Many memories and the most for us to do especially like sitting around when it closes.

ASweetLov
03-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Magic Kingdom- To me it brings me back to my childhood of all the movies and cartoons I used to watch and I still get chills walking into the magic kingdom :D

GINNY69
03-22-2009, 02:21 PM
This is a very tough question to answer but after some serious thinking, I would have to say Epcot because I like how its spread out and the landscaping is sooo beautiful. It's also very peaceful too. A great place to find a peaceful spot to take a quiet break. I love the world showcase, the different countries and the shops are cool...The Magic Kingdom is a very close second I really believe that it is such a magical place that no matter what your age and what your favorite park is there is that magical feeling in your heart...:mickey:

crazygoalie39
03-22-2009, 03:03 PM
MK...nothing can beat it. I'm glad they have the other parks because they are also amazing, but I could spend a full week at MK. Not the case for the other parks. Especially DHS and AK.