PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tour Suggestions ~

EeyoresBestFriend
10-27-2008, 06:43 PM
My DH & I are planning on our first ever WDW christmas trip - have only ever gone in the spring.
Are there must sees when it comes to displays in resorts or parks that you like. I am a SERIOUSLY Christmassy person and I love decorations and music.
Any direction is appreciated :santa3:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-27-2008, 07:03 PM
I understand there is an amazing life sized gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian... I have only seen it on TV, but it looks amazing!

faline
10-27-2008, 07:12 PM
I love visiting Disney World during the Christmas season!

Here's (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/default.asp)a summary of the goings-on at this time of year!

My favorites include the decorations at the Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge. I love Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party; the tree lighting ceremony at Disney World; and the Osborne Lights at Disney Studios.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Christmas time is so beautiful down at Disney. The hotels are decorated, the parks look amazing, the parades, the music, the fake snow @ MK, the Osborne lights @ HS, and MVMCP @ MK. DH and I will be seeing it all over again this year in a few weeks.
27 days to go.....................:thumbsup:

Next trip: 11/24 thru 12/5 @ the POP:snowman::deer::santa3::santa:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-28-2008, 08:38 AM
Ooohhh, I am so excited for you....if you are a serious Christmas person you are going to be thrilled...we always go during time that Christmas decorations are up and absolutely love it.:sleigh:

RockinRollerMom
10-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Everything is so magical at WDW this time of year. The resort decorations are great. I'd suggest making a few ADR's at some of the deluxe hotels and check out the decorations while you are there. MVMCP was a lot of fun. I LOVED the parade and fireworks. But my #1 must do at Disney during christmastime is the Osborne Lights at DHS. There is no decription or photo that can do it justice. The first time I saw it my jaw just dropped. IMHO a do not miss! Have a great trip!

alex61821
10-28-2008, 02:25 PM
is there some kind of lighting the castle show? i saw one on youtube but i am not sure if that was just for the very first time or if it is an every night kind of thing.

JERSEYDISFAN
10-28-2008, 05:08 PM
No one has mentioned it so far so I'll mention what I consider to be the most moving of the Christmas experiences at WDW. The Candlelight Processional at the American Pavilion in EPCOT is a truly great experience reflecting the true spirit of Christmas. If you can sit there and sing "Silent Night" along with the 300 voice massed choirs and not have tears rolling down your face. . . well then, there's no place else that can raise such a warm, deep feeling of the Christmas season.

goofygirl67
11-02-2008, 10:36 AM
I think the Blue Fairy light the lights on the Castle. When I was there in September the icicle lights were being strung. I loved them and am excited to go in December.

teambricker04
11-02-2008, 07:12 PM
The GF and the gingerbread house is one of our favorites... and we really like to do the Afternoon Tea at the GF. It is really nummy and can be affordable. There are lots of food options and give another reason to go to the GF besides aTS.

We also love all the trees. If you want to check out resort decorations you can walk from EPCOT to DHS and stop at the hotels along the way.

EeyoresBestFriend
11-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks so much for all the ideas and hints. It's so nice to be able to get help from people that are as Disney/Christmas crazy as I am.

The sometimes grinchy family members don't understand . . .

I'm more excited than ever now . . .
:tree::santa3:

Goes4FastPass
11-06-2008, 04:40 PM
You'll want to visit all of the deluxe resorts.

Use the 'local' monorail for the monorail resorts.

Boat from MK for WL.

Detour from EPCOT to visit the BW, YC and BC.

Great meals at these resorts also.

wendy*darling
11-06-2008, 07:33 PM
You'll want to visit all of the deluxe resorts.

Great meals at these resorts also.

That's what we like to do. :thumbsup:
Plan a character breakfast or a couple of dinners at the resorts. Then arrive a little earlier or plan to stay later- so you can see all the wonderful decorations.

Don't forget the Animal Kingdom Lodge too- just gorgeous! Head to Boma for breakfast or dinner.

But the Wilderness Lodge is my absolute favorite. Take the time to go see WL- you won't regret it.

Dsnygirl
11-06-2008, 08:54 PM
No one has mentioned it so far so I'll mention what I consider to be the most moving of the Christmas experiences at WDW. The Candlelight Processional at the American Pavilion in EPCOT is a truly great experience reflecting the true spirit of Christmas. If you can sit there and sing "Silent Night" along with the 300 voice massed choirs and not have tears rolling down your face. . . well then, there's no place else that can raise such a warm, deep feeling of the Christmas season.

Thank you so much for that comment... I was just reading through this thread, and your post gave me goosebumps. We've never been at Christmas before and are going this year, and we've got a dining package for the CP, and can't wait. Thanks so much for adding to the excitement!! :thumbsup: :cloud9:

Dsnygirl
11-06-2008, 09:04 PM
That's what we like to do. :thumbsup:
Plan a character breakfast or a couple of dinners at the resorts. Then arrive a little earlier or plan to stay later- so you can see all the wonderful decorations.

Don't forget the Animal Kingdom Lodge too- just gorgeous! Head to Boma for breakfast or dinner.

But the Wilderness Lodge is my absolute favorite. Take the time to go see WL- you won't regret it.
Us too!! We booked meals at the Polynesian, AKL and BC so we could see the displays... somehow, we'll have to get over the the WL, that's the only one I haven't thought about. Thanks for the tip on that one!

Bringonthemouse!
11-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Thanks so much for all the ideas and hints. It's so nice to be able to get help from people that are as Disney/Christmas crazy as I am.

The sometimes grinchy family members don't understand . . .

I'm more excited than ever now . . .
:tree::santa3:

I totally understand!!!! Let me warn you... Disney at Christmas is almost overwhelming. There is Christmas everywhere, I was in heaven :cloud9:. We very much enjoyed the Storytellers around the World at EPCOT. It was great to hear of Christmas traditions from around the world.
One other thing I wish we had done is Disney's Yuletide Fantasy tour. But, hey, something to look forward to in Dec. 09 right!
Have a fabulous time!!!
:santa: