PDA

View Full Version : He Finally Left

azdisneymom
10-27-2008, 05:07 PM
After 4 changes in ship dates my DS finaly left for Marine Bootcamp today. I am proud and a bit sad. If you all could spare some pixie dust and prayers for these young men and women it would be deeply appreciated. Most were too nervous to sleep. Some couldn't eat.

The next time I see or talk to DS will be in 13 weeks, when he has earned the title of Marine. Ooh Rah!

thumperbug
10-27-2008, 05:24 PM
:tink::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

TennesseeTink
10-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Loads of :pixie:!

I know you are anxious for your son and his safety but I cannot thank you enough for the sacrifice you and your family are making for our country. I, for one, truly appreciate it. :thumbsup: Your son and the rest of your family will be in my prayers.:)

goofy for pluto
10-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks to your son for his service.
:pixie: and prayers to you and your family!

Kairi_7378
10-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Thank you to your son. Sending prayers and pixie dust his way and yours, too!

Melanie
10-28-2008, 06:53 AM
Best of luck to your son and all his fellow soon-to-be Marines. And pixie dust for you as this 13 weeks will probably be as hard on you as it is him. Hopefully time will fly by!

Ooh Rah. Semper Fi, do or die!

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Best of luck to you and your Family. As a career soldier (16 years and counting) in the Army, i must say it makes me happy when any young man or woman volunteers to join the service. I know that you will worry some but have faith, he is going to get the best training in the world. He will likely see this not as something dangerous but an adventure.

You have my thanks and my prayers.
:thumbsup:

Alligirl
10-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Thank you! Thank you, both you and your son! What a wonderful young man you have raised!You are in my prayers! :flag:

Cinderelley
10-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Hang in there! I know it's rough for a few weeks, especially until you start getting letters on a regular basis. Remember that he has a roof over his head (most of the time), food in his belly, and he's learning skills that will last him a lifetime. In a few weeks, you'll be getting his graduation information and can start planning your trip to see hiim!

mickeys_princess_mom
10-28-2008, 01:08 PM
My heart and :pixie: are with you!

Marilyn Michetti
10-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Congratulations. This has been a stressful time for you, and now you can start counting the days until he gets back.:flag:

crazypoohbear
10-28-2008, 03:56 PM
sending lots of pixie dust to help you both get through the next 13 weeks.
How proud you must be of him right now.

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

TinkerbellT421
10-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Sending prayers and pixie dust your way for your family and son! Being a Marine or in the service is a very proud accomplishment. My best friend Mike is a Marine and has served two duties in Iraq! They are very strong willed people and make me proud! Congrats. :pixie::pixie::tink::tink::flag: