PDA

View Full Version : Pop parking

snuggs30
10-27-2008, 04:03 PM
I have a room reserved for the 50's building in Nov. I want conveient parking but i have heard that would not be the correct building for that. We are not spending much time there and we are going to be driving everywhere so does anyone have any suggestions on where we should stay? Should i go to the 80's?

DisneyLuvnNooks
10-27-2008, 04:54 PM
it depends on which building you have, i dont remember the numbers but we stayed there last year and we had the 50s that were next to the 60s and the water, it was about a minute walk.
The other 50s building that is on the opposite side of the pool, if you are lucky enough, you could park almost right outside your room.

PetefromRI
10-27-2008, 06:22 PM
We stayed in the 90's bldg. and it was quite convenient.There's a parking lot right there and we use to just walk across the lot to the park busses.Driving your own car would be a cinch.

DISFREAKS
10-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Last time we stayed at Pop, we were in the 60's and had to walk past the a 50's bldg to get to the parking lot. If you ask for the closest bldg to the main bldg, you should be good.

InLikeSin
10-27-2008, 07:49 PM
I also need some advice in this area. What building should I request to be close to the food court? We didn't specify wanting a prefered room when we were booking because I had no clue that the buildings were so spread out until reading a few posts on here. I am diabetic and tend to have low sugar levels in the morning a lot when we travel so I don't want to hike to get breakfast. Also, are the food courts going to be close to where the buses pick up? Thanks for the help.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-27-2008, 07:53 PM
I also need some advice in this area. What building should I request to be close to the food court? We didn't specify wanting a prefered room when we were booking because I had no clue that the buildings were so spread out until reading a few posts on here. I am diabetic and tend to have low sugar levels in the morning a lot when we travel so I don't want to hike to get breakfast. Also, are the food courts going to be close to where the buses pick up? Thanks for the help.

The buses pick up outside the main hall, and that is where the food court is. We were in 50s building C and the "hike" was really not bad... I was surprised. There are 50s buildings that are closer than where we were too. Preferred gets you closest to the food court, buses, etc.

blondeinbrandon
10-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Pop is not that big, even the furthest room from the food court is not bad at all. It's nothing like CS or CBR in size.
I have found that when you check in if you ask to be near the parking lot they can usually do it. I have stayed in the 50s in a building literally steps to the parking lot. But this is not where the buses pick up from. Just close to your car. I also stayed in the 70s which was a HIKE from the car, but close to the food/buses.
Overall we really like Pop.
:mickey:

AwPhooey
10-28-2008, 09:56 AM
If I recall correctly, the following buildings are closest to the parking lots (though it may vary depending on where you are in the building):

Buildings 1 and 2 (50s)
Building 8 (90s)
Building 9 (80s)
Building 10 (70s)

momof3+twins
11-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Well, 80's is far from food court. Are you planning on eating in Food Court or buying a mug? We stayed in the 70's which is nice and close to food court. 80's and 90's are both close to parking and the lot doesn't fill up usually. This resort is awesome! Have fun!!

JoDisney
11-05-2008, 10:58 AM
You can request a room in the 50s bldg. but you may get another bldg. Requests are not guaranteed. I would copy the POP map from above in "Info Central" and check out the lots before you get to POP. You will then know which lot would be closer for you.

LandFan
11-05-2008, 01:38 PM
the 70's "big wheel" building is the closest to the food court and the parking lot (in my opinion anyway :D)

Tinkerbella16
11-05-2008, 04:04 PM
It all depends on the specific building you are in for the parking, but I think anywhere you are in the 50's section you will still be close to the parking lot. The last two times we've stayed there we were in the building where the parking lot was closest to...1st time facing the parking lot, and 2nd time facing the pool. The 50's section is my favorite section, and if I were to go back to Pop..I'd request that part.

:mickey: