View Full Version : Funny AND True...

cer
10-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Cast of Characters:
DH(40)
Self(38)
DD(10)
DS (7)

OK – so we (all of us) were going to a Halloween party hosted by one of DS’s coaches (this past Saturday). Everyone was encouraged to come in costume. DH said he would wear a Halloween t-shirt. It had to be the right size, he did not want anything orange and preferably black. I have a rule for DS that I won’t buy him shirts with skulls and when we were out shopping for DH, DS said, “No skulls.” I was willing to make an exception for DH, since it was Halloween, but DS was definitely a “No.” So now I have to find a non-orange, preferably black Halloween t-shirt, XXL, with no skulls, for a guy. Just so you know, this is pretty darn near impossible. We had already looked at Target and Walmart and I was beginning to think I was going to have to make something when I found an ad in the Academy flyer and so totally lucked out with a Black Halloween shirt with grey bats on it, guy shirt, the right size. SCORE! :D

While I was there I purchased a couple of black T’s for the kids ($2.99) to cut up for the pirate costumes. I had already done DD’s shirt on Thursday, and still needed to get DS’s done. I was up against the clock. Party started at 6:30 and it was 5. I still needed to cut DS’s costume, do both of their make-up, make a fruit salad and get a shower and get dressed. I hollered at DS. “Go get your shirt out of the dryer so I can cut it up.” He comes back and I start to get to work. We talk briefly about how he wants it and while DH and DS are still talking, I start cutting/tearing the seam out of the bottom of the shirt. DH asked what I was doing, and I told him I was cutting the bottom because I know for sure we want that removed. It seems to be going easier than DD's did. And then I hold it up so we can finish making plans on how he wants the neck and the sleeves done. And to my dismay…I see a small Hanes label on the collar of the shirt. Yes, yes. I was cutting up my own shirt. My regular everyday shirt which I had no intention of destroying!!! :(

Lesson learned: Always, ALWAYS double-check before you start cutting!:thumbsup:

Happy Monday to All!

alphamommy
10-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Oh, no! That sounds like something I would do!

We've had a similar, less destructive version of this happening at our house. After the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup back in June, I went out the next day looking for championship shirts. At one store, I found black shirts in sizes to fit DH, DD, and I. They also had XXL, which will fit DBIL, DH's youngest brother. He comes to our place at Christmas, and "Santa" always brings him something, so I grabbed a shirt for him. I put it on the very, very top shelf of our closet, and forgot to mention it to DH.

A couple weeks later, I was folding laundry, and discovered that there were two black Stanley Cup shirts in the laundry basket. I checked the tags, and, sure enough someone had worn the XXL shirt that was supposed to be a present for BIL! When DH got home, I asked him about it. He said, "Yeah, I've been meaning to ask, why did you get me two identical shirts?" I explained, and pointed out that the XXL shirt had been on the top shelf of the closet, away from the rest of his shirts. His reply? "I thought it was sort of strange that you'd put one of my shirts way up there."

This should have ended there, but no.

Last week, while folding clothes, I noticed that, again, I had two black Stanley Cup shirts. This time, I found a much more hidden place for BIL's shirt!