PDA

View Full Version : Best Days of the Week to visit Disneyland

DisneyTopper
10-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of planning our family vacation to California for summer 2009. I have been to WDW several times and we are including a visit to DL and CA within our tour of California. I am very excited!

Anyway, having never been to DL before, what would be your suggestions for days of the week to visit DL and CA? It will be the week of 7/20.

Do you think it would be better to visit Tues/Wed or Wed/Thurs? Or not much of a difference?

I know that mid-July is going to be crowded no matter what, do you think that if we visit mid-week we would be able to do and see most everything?

Thanks in advance for you opinions and advice!

tinkwest
10-27-2008, 02:33 PM
One good thing about July is that the southern California Annual Passes are blocked out for the entire month. That doesn't mean it isn't crowded, but it does cut down on the local traffic a bit.

In the summer choosing between a Tues/Wed or a Wed/Thurs isn't really going to make a difference crowd wise and is nothing to sweat over. The things that may make a personal difference will be the parade and entertainment schedule. Fireworks, parades, and other shows are usually running every day during the summer so there again you may not need to concern yourself too much over that. The July schedules should be out sometime in April or May.

Fitting both parks in to two days will be a challenge but if you are willing to use the long summer hours to your advantage you should get a lot done. Have a plan before arriving so you don't spend too much of your precious time making decisions on where to eat, etc. Even if you don't do everything, you should have a great time.