PDA

View Full Version : Non rich/spicy foods at Biergarten??

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Hi everyone.
We have reservations for the Biergarten on Christmas day. We are all looking forward to this with the exception of my wife. She had her Gall Bladder removed and has issues eating spicy or rich foods. Anyone have any ideas on what she can order that is less likely to upset her system?

Thanks
Jim

Cinderelley
10-27-2008, 02:11 PM
This restaurant is a buffet, so she should be able to find something she likes. I don't remember anything being too spicy, but then again, I eat spicy foods without blinking an eye. Maybe you should "sample" each of her items to check for her ;). :D

Beast_fanatic
10-27-2008, 09:57 PM
I think she'll be OK. I remember some kind of pork tenderloin that was not spicy, and wasn't all that rich. If I were her, I'd stay away from the sausages, but there should be several other things she can eat.

wendy*darling
10-27-2008, 10:19 PM
We just ate here earlier this month- and I do not like spicy foods at all.
There is baked chicken, potatoes, mac & cheese, spatzle, and more. She will not go hungry!

ChipDale2708
10-28-2008, 10:13 AM
We just ate here two weeks ago for the first time and it was delicious! I had my gallbladder removed three years ago and can't do spicy food (never could) either and had no problem at all w/ their selections. The roasted chicked and pork roast were terrific. I think we could have eaten more if we didn't have unpleasant table mates. When we went up to get another plate, they dumped all of their dirty plates in our places. The waiter hadn't returned before we did so they were still there. We had to push everything out of our way so we could sit back down. They didn't even say anything like "sorry we hoped he'd be back before you" and take the plates back. Very rude...

BeccaO
10-28-2008, 10:41 AM
The food here is pretty mild, no spicy food here. It's all very tasty.

TheDuckRocks
10-28-2008, 11:23 AM
I agree that "spicy" will not be a problem here, but if by "rich" you mean high in fat (that is what bothers me) she will need to be careful as even the spatzel has butter on it. I love the apple struddel and will stop at the take out place on every trip to have a slice.:blush:

mdhiggin
10-28-2008, 02:36 PM
The food was pretty bland. I really enjoyed the desserts, though. Bavarian cheesecake, black forest cake, yum.

pluto 77
10-28-2008, 04:39 PM
The roasted chicked and pork roast were terrific. I think we could have eaten more if we didn't have unpleasant table mates. When we went up to get another plate, they dumped all of their dirty plates in our places. The waiter hadn't returned before we did so they were still there. We had to push everything out of our way so we could sit back down. They didn't even say anything like "sorry we hoped he'd be back before you" and take the plates back. Very rude...

This is part of the reason I have not tried this restaurant. I am so weird about sharing my table with someone I don't know. We did decide to try it on our next trip though, but reading this still makes me a little nervous!

CPT Trips
10-28-2008, 05:22 PM
The Germans can share the table . . . us Americans don't share too well.:)

zebradome17
10-29-2008, 03:44 PM
It's a great buffet and she will definitely find something she likes. None of the food is particularly spicy but some of the sausages might be a bit strong.

mermaidmarian
10-30-2008, 10:42 AM
This is part of the reason I have not tried this restaurant. I am so weird about sharing my table with someone I don't know. We did decide to try it on our next trip though, but reading this still makes me a little nervous!

We eat here at least once every trip and have never had a bad experience with tablemates. The only time I did not enjoy my meal to my expectations was when we were seated with a group who did not know beforehand that it was community seating and were clearly not happy with having to share a table with us. We have met many wonderful people during these meals, and with the noted exception, have had very pleasant conversations with our table mates, usually surrounding WDW, how much they/we love it, how often they/we come and why we always eat at the Biergarten (mom is from Germany).

I don't really understand what causes people to be so uncomfortable with the seating arrangments, but after our last experience, I would have to say, if you think you won't like it or don't want to try it, don't go. Sitting with sulky tablemates isn't fun for anyone.