PDA

View Full Version : The Voice

laward32
10-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Does anyone know who the "voice" is on the monorail and buses? I was watching someoone's video on youtube and heard the speil on one of the buses and then on the monorail and it made me wish I was there. He has a wonderful voice. It also got me wondering who he is. :mickey:

PhilHarHarMagic
10-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Jack Wagner is his name.

sportsguy2315
10-26-2008, 09:39 PM
(From his online Disney Legend profile)

Jack's association with Disney began when he was invited to opening day at DL
He recorded audio for DL, WDW, Tokyo DL and the Orlando International Airport

laward32
10-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the great info. I love hearing his voice. I know I am officially on property when I hear him. When I heard him on the youtube video, I just closed my eyes and I was there on the bus.:mickey:

Simba's Mom
10-27-2008, 07:04 PM
What's funny is that I'm pretty sure he's the same voice on the tram at the airport.

Bobby T
10-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Jack Wagner recorded the first WDW Monorail spiel, but that has been phased out over time. I know a voice talent named Matt Hanson recorded a spiel in the late 90's, but that has been replaced as well. Jack however can still be heard on the Monorail delivering his signature line:

"Please stand clear of the doors...por favor, mantenganse alejado de las puertas."

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-28-2008, 08:15 AM
My favorite voice was when James Earl Jones did Illuminations, It just hasn't been the same since.....

Monorail_Red
11-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Jack Wagner is his name.

Jack Wagner recorded the first WDW Monorail spiel, but that has been phased out over time. I know a voice talent named Matt Hanson recorded a spiel in the late 90's, but that has been replaced as well. Jack however can still be heard on the Monorail delivering his signature line:

"Please stand clear of the doors...por favor, mantenganse alejado de las puertas."

In WDW today the only place that I think that you can hear Jack Wagner is on the monorail for "Please Stand Clear of the Doors....."

He did the original monorail spiels which were replaced by Matt Hanson in the early 90's and he was then replaced by the current voice in 2004 which can also be heard on the buses.

Zone Stop
11-04-2008, 09:19 PM
I've been told that our current Voice works for the Cruise Line and is actually deceptively small-statured.

q105birdman
11-04-2008, 09:55 PM
In WDW today the only place that I think that you can hear Jack Wagner is on the monorail for "Please Stand Clear of the Doors....."

He did the original monorail spiels which were replaced by Matt Hanson in the early 90's and he was then replaced by the current voice in 2004 which can also be heard on the buses.

Jack Wagner of soap opera fame or someone else with the same name?

Tinkerbella16
11-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Jack Wagner of soap opera fame or someone else with the same name?
I was just about to ask the same thing! LOL

Ian
11-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Jack Wagner of soap opera fame or someone else with the same name?It is not the same Jack Wagner. This Jack Wagner passed away back in 1995.

disneyfan328
11-05-2008, 01:19 PM
I love that spiel too. I actually have it as my ringtone for when my DH send me text messages. I get to hear it everyday and it takes me back.:cloud9: My kids love hearing it too!