PDA

View Full Version : Epcot - Food and Wine Festival

DisneyFr33k
10-26-2008, 12:06 PM
We just got back from a wonderful week! We save our snack options from our dining plan to eat our way around the World Showcase - being our lunch for the day. Here are the countries we visited and what we tried, along with a rating from 1-10 (1 being poor, 10 being wonderful).

Germany:
Pretzel Roll - 9
Italy:
Baked Ziti- 7
Cream Puff - 3 (bland)
Hops and Barley:
Boston Crab cake - 9
New England Lobster Roll - 10 (Thick)
Honey Porter Black Lager - 10+
Japan:
California Sushi Roll - 6
Louisiana:
Seafood Gumbo - 5
Crawfish - 7
Praline Bread Pudding - 3 (dry)
Purple Haze Beer - 3 (very light, almost no taste)
France:
Escargot - 10+
Creme Brulee - 10+
Sparkling Pomegranate - 10+
Canada:
Cheddar Cheese Soup - 10+
Maple Glazed Salmon - 10+
China:
Pot Stickers - 10+ (my favorite!)
Spain:
Curro with Chocolate Sauce - 9 (kids fav.)

We LOVE the food and wine festival and when we return again, it will be duing this event as it is our favorite!!

Simba's Mom
10-26-2008, 02:59 PM
I also just got back, and I agree with all the ratings, I'll just add a few.
Mexico-
quesadilla con chorizo-9

Santiago, Chille
Dulce de Leche pudding-7

Montreal, Canada
Maple custard-8

Athens, Greece
Greek Salad-9 (came with a crispy pita I loved)
Spanakopita-7(great crust, strange tasting filling)

Cork, Ireland
cheese and brown bread-6 (lots of cheese, brown bread very dry and not what I'd hoped)

Wellington, New Zealand
Lamb slider-6 (mine was cold)
bay scallops-1 (only thing I tried and threw away)

Melbourne, Australia
grilled lamb chop-10+

Krakow, Poland
kielbasa and pierogis-10

These last two were my favorites

mcjaco
10-27-2008, 09:59 AM
You guys missed Morocco. For shame, as I thought it had the best food of all. :D

Simba's Mom
10-27-2008, 06:46 PM
You guys missed Morocco. For shame, as I thought it had the best food of all. :D

I don't know about Love2Travel, but I love eating at Tangerine Cafe, so I just didn't bother trying their F&W booth. As a matter of fact, Tangerine Cafe was the only non-F&W festival food we ate in Epcot all week.

Bobby T
10-27-2008, 10:24 PM
We just got back from doing the same thing. Our highlights:

Chilaquiles - Mexico City, Mexico
Etouffee & Gumbo - Louisiana, USA
Grilled Lamb Chop - Melbourne, Australia (My Favorite)
Maple Custard Topped with Almond Crumbs - Montreal, Canada

Lowlights:

Escargot - Lyon, France (Much prefer the previous incarnations which did not add the brioche)
Lamb Slider - Wellington, New Zealand (Not what I had in mind and not very tasty)

minnie1956
10-27-2008, 10:36 PM
I thought MOST things were way overpriced for what you got.
We went several years ago and looked forward to this trip. It was way too crowded for me. No different than being there in late June. Last time I enjoyed it immensely. This time, not so much. I refused to pay more to "nibble" around showcase for mere mouthfuls than at a nice sit down. I'm glad you all enjoyed it, I'll pass next time. :blush:

badkitty
10-27-2008, 10:44 PM

Agreed! :thumbsup:

Also Africa was outstanding. The bobotie (sp?) and spice cake with chocolate sauce was wonderful!

Tez
10-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Tasting at Food and Wine can be expensive but you just plan for it. You have like trying different things to make the experience more fun! It is a GREAT TIME and I can't wait to go next year!

mcjaco
10-31-2008, 10:21 AM
^ I also felt that the sample sizes in some cases were much bigger this year, than in the past. So, I felt the $$$ amount was a bit more justified, this year.