PDA

View Full Version : Chefs de France

DisneyFr33k
10-26-2008, 11:48 AM
We ate here our last day for lunch. Our waiter was really from France, which made it hard to understand him and vice versa. Some of our orders were incorrect due to this, but he quickly and apologetically corrected the errors.

Food:

The kids meal cheese puff appetizer is wonderful!!
The kids meal fish is good too!
The ham and cheese sandwich was good
The beef ribs braised in cabernet was really good
The salmon over cabbage was alright - I wish I had ordered the baked macaroni.
Dessert:The Puff Chox over ice cream was the best - we ordered 2!! The cake with chocolate cake mousse was good too! The kids meal offers a HUGE chocolate chip cookie - one that fills an entire bread plate!

Would we go back.... not sure. Maybe for dinner.

ElenitaB
10-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Glad to hear that after all these years, the kid's fish entree is still good. When we went many years ago, it was a piece of real fish (no Gorton's or Mrs. Paul's here) that was breaded and then pan-friend. My DS loved it and it was a way of introducing him to something different (something about being at WDW makes him open to things he wouldn't try at home if I was serving it up for the first time).

I also enjoyed the fact that our waiter WAS really from France and spoke differently than us... again, a learning experience for my DS! I do agree though that if you're waitstaff, you need to know enough English to get the orders right (been in similar positions but it was me, abroad doing customer service work).

Thanks for sharing your experience (that dessert sounds divine).

DisneyFr33k
10-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Yes, her fish was fresh, lightly battered and cooked to perfection. The fork barely hit it and it fell apart. :tasty: Our server was 100% attentive to what he thought we wanted. Once we explained, he was cute tripping over himself to correct the error! :blush:

SBETigg
10-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Our first Chefs visit was on our honeymoon, and the French waiter flirted outrageously with me. :blush: Chefs de France was a favorite for many years after that, but we haven't been back for a while. It sounds good. Thanks for the report.

Zimkeeper
10-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the review. We will be trying Chefs for the first time in December and I am looking forward to adding a new dining experience to our trip. We have been fans of the Dining Plan from the beginning and this trip will be our first time with "Free Dining" so we want to try some new things.

bkfree
10-26-2008, 11:28 PM
SO glad to read your review. We will be trying it for the first time in Dec.Also glad to hear about the kids foods, since our two will be with us, they are 7 and 9.

Curious about the kids meals ,especially the beef patty on Brioche which I gather is their version of the hamburger. This is probably what my two will order.
Anyone's child order this item??