PDA

View Full Version : Mama Melrose's

DisneyFr33k
10-26-2008, 10:40 AM
We visited Mama Melrose's for lunch during our stay last week. Our ADR was for 12:00. We arrived at 11:50 and were seated by 12:05.

Our server was excellent, keeping our glasses full. The food was great!

Me, my husband and son all ordered the wood grilled shrimp and it was fantastic! I am a bit picky, so I removed the articokes and all the peas I could, but even when some snuck on my fork I couldn't taste the difference.
My daughter ordered the fish from the kids menu and it was very well done.

Desserts: Honey Hazelnut and Ricotta cheesecake and the Warm Choclate Truffle cake were excellent.

The service was good and fast - we were out of there within an hour.

Would we go again - yes!!:thumbsup:

big blue and hairy
10-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I hope this is a sign of overall improvement at Mama Melrose's. I loved that place, but the last few times DW and I went, it seemed to have slipped badly.

:sulley:

ElenitaB
10-26-2008, 12:34 PM
It seems that MM offers a wide range of experiences: I've eaten there and enjoyed it and I've eaten there and swore that I'd never go back. Like BB&H says above, hopefully your experience there is a sign that it's on the upswing! :thumbsup:

dmosher
10-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Yep, have tried it a few times and gave up on it. Sadly both the food and service have always been lacking. It's nice to hear that they are getting better. We may have to check them out on next years trip.
:pipes:
D

TheMartellFamily
10-26-2008, 05:13 PM
I was suprized at our last vist that I did like Mama Melrose. I would go back again and eat there. They have a great selection for everyone and the desserts are good too.

GrumpyFan
10-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Mama Melrose's is one of our favorite places to eat and a must do for us. We've gone there every trip since 2000 and never had a bad experience. Although, I'm a little disappointed about how the number of menu choices have dwindled. But, we still like it and will continue to go there.

ChipDale2708
10-27-2008, 09:36 AM
We just ate there for the first time two weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Service was good and fast. We ordered the bruschetta appetizer and split the chicken parm - perfect amount of food for us. It took a bit to get our bill, but we were still out in just over an hour. We will return to this restaurant!

Disney_Barbie
10-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I hope this is a sign of overall improvement at Mama Melrose's. I loved that place, but the last few times DW and I went, it seemed to have slipped badly.

Same Thought. In just 1 year it went from our VERY FAV TS on prop to the absolute worst! Just due to a REALLY bad experience we will prob never go back, but glad that they seem to be working to improve.

LudwigVonDrake
10-27-2008, 04:26 PM
I have eaten at Mama Melrose's several times and every time the food has been great :tasty:

I always highly recommend the restaurant :eat:

Zawadi
10-27-2008, 06:12 PM
We had an evening meal at Mama Melrose during our last trip. The restaurant was very busy and we were seated around 15 mins after our ADR. The server brought us some complimentary soup to try whilst we waited for our entrees. The service was slow and when the entrees arrived they were cold. We sent them back to the kitchen and they were returned with just the meat reheated. At this point we decided to eat up and get out asap. However, the server then decided to offer us a complimentary dessert, which we didn't really want - it felt forced upon us. The server was trying way too hard to the point of being creepy. We left a gratuity of a big fat zero!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Glad to hear that...we did not like it when we visited in 2005...however, it was not horrible (just blah) so we may give it a second chance sometime

KylesMom
10-28-2008, 09:58 AM
We've been visiting Mama's for years, and absolutely love this place. Glad you enjoyed your meal there!

As a side note, I asked DH the other day where he would like to have Father's Day dinner on our upcoming June trip. Without hesitating, he said, "Mama Melrose, of course!". :mickey:

RedSoxFan
10-28-2008, 10:44 AM
We ate at Mama Melrose last week and had a fantastic meal. The kids had pasta; DH had chicken parm and I had the spicy italian sausage (and it was spicy). This was our second time eating there and highly recommend it.

SFD998
10-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Just got back yesterday. We ate there on 10/26. Our ADR's were for 5:20. We got called at 6:05. They said their computers were down, which can happen. However when we asked how much longer at 5:50. We got a rude response of I have no idea.

I have eaten there numerous times and have always liked it. This was disappointing, but it won't keep from going back. Will be eating there again in December.

FenwayGirl
11-13-2008, 03:26 PM
One of my families favorites.
I love the atmosphere...

mouseketeer mom
11-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Oh, I'm so glad to hear of these positive experiences at Mama Melroses. I just booked our first Fantasmic package for our upcoming and we picked this place. I've been worried about my choice!

goofygirl67
11-15-2008, 07:33 PM
MM is one of my favorite places to eat. I usually just order pasta with meat sauce which I don't think is on the menu but have never been turned down. The service has been fine, I do go alone all the time.

January-2007
11-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
11-17-2008, 02:51 PM
We have had a range of experiences from OK to excellent. I will have to say that in Aug. when we were there we had excellent sevice and food. We usually go expecting average so when it is great it is that much better. I does seem to be improving the last couple of trips.

AdventurerKim
11-18-2008, 04:04 PM
We eat at Mama's for lunch every Thanksgiving trip and have never had a bad meal or experience. :mickey:

Jasper
11-18-2008, 04:11 PM
We have also eaten at Mama's every trip since they opened and have never had a bad meal. Let's hope that when we go in January that it will still be good.

DANAM
11-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Glad to see it's getting better. This was always our go to place but after the horrible experience last time we will not be going back in December. But I won't completly throw it out for the next trip, now that I heard all of ya'll good reviews.

aurorafan
11-25-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm glad to see the positive responses on here as my friend and I will be trying this place for the first time in January. We ate at Tutto Italia's in Feb. and enjoyed it very much--she wanted to eat there again in Jan., but I thought it might be fun to try another italian place, so we'll see ;).