PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Cafe

DisneyFr33k
10-26-2008, 10:35 AM
We wanted to try something new and had read reports that the Cape May Cafe buffet was reall good.

We arrived for our ADR of 5:30 at 5:00 only to wait until 5:30 when then opened. We were seated soon after 5:30 and began helping ourselves to the buffett.

Foods that are memorable:

Ceasar salad with homemade croutons (the kids could eat the croutons alone!)
Farm Raised Clams with Garlic Butter
Mussells with Roasted Tomato Butter
Steamed Peel and eat Shrimp
New England Clam Chowder (homemade and delicious)
Fresh fish, fried - melted in your mouth
Pizza - the kids loved it, so I had to try -- it had a taste of ginger - very good!

Desserts:
The flan was good as was the cheesecake, but the hands down favorite was the Oreo Bon Bons - YUM!!:thumbsup: They took and Oreo and put a cookies and cream mousse on top, covered with chocolate - you could not have just one!

Would we go back? Maybe. It was a good meal, but a bit out of the way from Pop Century. It took us 1 hour to navigate our way back after dinner.

PetefromRI
10-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Last year when we stayed at the Pop and ate at the Cape May we decided to take a cab back instead of walking through Epcot.It was the best 10 bucks that we ever spent!Glad you enjoyed the meal,we always like it.

January-2007
10-26-2008, 11:13 AM
We went to Cape May Cafe when we stayed at the Beach Club and really liked the dinner buffet. The clam chowder is great, and they had so many yummy things, my DH loved this restaurant and it's on his list of must-do's for our upcoming trip.

DisneyFr33k
10-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Last year when we stayed at the Pop and ate at the Cape May we decided to take a cab back instead of walking through Epcot.It was the best 10 bucks that we ever spent!Glad you enjoyed the meal,we always like it.

GREAT idea!! We ended up taking a bus to Downtown Disney - crazy, I know! :crazy: We then waited there for 15+ minutes for a bus. :bus: Then it took us another half hour to get home. Ugh! I'll plan better next time!!

RockinRollerMom
10-26-2008, 10:32 PM
GREAT idea!! We ended up taking a bus to Downtown Disney - crazy, I know! :crazy: We then waited there for 15+ minutes for a bus. :bus: Then it took us another half hour to get home. Ugh! I'll plan better next time!!

We often take the boat from BC to DHS or walk over to Epcot. We normally visit a park after dinner but even if we didn't I would guess it would be easier than heading to DtD.

Cape May if a must do for our family too. DD (8) wanted to eat there 2x on our next trip.