PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown

DisneyFr33k
10-26-2008, 10:29 AM
We just returned from a trip and made ADR's for Epcots Rose and Crown for 6:50. We were ready to eat a bit early, so we arrived at 6:15. By 6:20 they seated us on the front porch overlooking the lake. Last week was very nice weather - low humidity so it was nice. Althought my DD got cold.

The service was fair. Our server was juggling a lot of tables. The food - great!

Food:
Bangers and Mash - very good and the portions were reasonable. My husband and daughter enjoyed them very much.
Fish and Chips - HUGE portion of two large fish on top of a lot of fries. My son could only eat one, but they were very good.
Herb-roasted Lamb - the server recommended this and I was pleasantly surprised as I am not a "meat" person. It was a nice portion - not too big or small, but filling with enough room for dessert. The lamb melted in my mouth and I loved every bite! I highly recommend it!

Desserts:
Chocolate Scotch Cake, Bailey's Irish Coffee Trifle and Frozen Vanilla Custard we all wonderful!!

Yes, we would go here again. :thumbsup: I had read some conflicting reports on allears.net, but we really enjoyed this dining experience. :mickey:

ElenitaB
10-26-2008, 12:09 PM
I think that Rose & Crown has actually improved their food over the past few years, as opposed to other restaurants at the World.

Glad you enjoyed your meal there... now I may just have to try the lamb.

MickeysEars
10-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Having be to England and not really enjoying the food, I was very pleased with the Rose and Crown food. Even though I know the food here is "Americanized."I loved the Bangers and Mash

handmaidenofprincesses
10-26-2008, 12:20 PM
We ate at the Rose & Crown last June (according to my father, only b/c my mother and I are obssessed with BBCAmerica lol) and we absolutely loved it. My favorite part was ordering fish and chips and not having to ask for malt vinegar, just getting it haha. Their food was definitely good!

dmosher
10-26-2008, 04:27 PM
I agree, the food has definitely improved. I used to go there off and on years ago for a pint and maybe some fish n chips and as reported, it was "ok", but not great. Yes the food is a bit more Americanized, but to be honest (no disrespect to the UK) but the food I had when I lived in the UK was "ok" but not great, so by that rationale it's pretty accurate.
:pipes:
D

irish1967
10-26-2008, 07:54 PM
We had a similar experience in July - great food, fair service.

The thing that really didn't sit well with us is that several in our party ordered second drinks "with dinner" that arrived well after the vast majority of us had finished eating - the excuse being a "busy bar."

Personally, I wouldn't have minded if the waitress had stopped by and asked if we still wanted the drinks but since the glass of wine came after dinner, I ended up declining dessert.

Overall, because of our experience, the restaurant is on our "something to consider if we can't get the ADRs we really want" list.

P.S. I ended up getting the lamb by default - my DS wanted to try it so I ordered the chicken just in case. He wanted to switch and we were both VERY happy with our (eventual) meals.

GrmGrninGost
10-26-2008, 09:07 PM
After years of hearing mixed reviews on the Rose & Crown, we decided to try it in 2007. We loved it! We ate there again this past Sept. and loved it again! Unless something changes, it will be on my "must do" list for a while! :mickey:

KatMark
10-26-2008, 09:53 PM
We usually eat here every other year (we switch with Biergarten). We ate this year as we had friends traveling with us and they wanted to try it. We had outstanding service--very tentative and friendly and willing to answer questions. I was a little disappointed in the fish and chips this trip--I thought the fish was very greasy this time. But we will be going back--not next year but probably the year after.

kemps@wdw
10-26-2008, 10:02 PM
We were able to get seated on the lagoon-side patio @ R & C on our last trip. Food was fine, service was fine, our view of Illuminations was GREAT!!! Would definetly go back and want to have the same table!

Wickster1970
11-05-2008, 01:28 PM
When we went in 2001, we hit Rose & Crown late for dinner. We asked for and got the patio overlooking the lake - not sure how we did that....dumb luck:secret: ANYWAYS, we took our sweet time eating and having a ball with the waiter until Illuminations. That patio has to be one of the best spots to watch the show.:number1:

Zawadi
11-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Having be to England and not really enjoying the food, I was very pleased with the Rose and Crown food. Even though I know the food here is "Americanized."I loved the Bangers and Mash

We live in England and tried The Rose & Crown on our last trip. Although we had no complaints about the food - it does not compare to the pub menus back home;)

trennedy
11-05-2008, 06:57 PM
We ate there last Wednesday, 10/29. We had a 7:30 ADR and had the best table on the patio. It was chilly that night, but they did have heaters outside. Unfortunately, one of the heaters by our table was not working so we were a bit chilly, but it was okay. We all had the fish n' chips and loved it. We each had a different dessert.
My only complaint was when we went there last in 2004, they served a wonderful creme brule for dessert, now it is gone. I was looking forward to having that.

The view from the patio of Rose and Crown for Illuminations is the best. It is one of our favorite places to go at Epcot!

DDuck66
11-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Glad to hear that you enjoyed it!!! We have ADR's there for the CP on Nov 29. I love the fish n chips and the cheese sampler.