PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Resort Mugs

DisneyFr33k
10-26-2008, 07:46 AM
We just returned from a wonderful week at WDW. We stayed in the Pop Century Resort. Just an observation about the refillable resort mugs. The ones that they are selling now are the exact same ones as last year - minus the 2007.

However, people were not only using those from last year, but ones from Pop Century years ago when they had their own speically designed mugs. I also saw people using mugs from Carribean and All Stars Resorts. And, to top that off, I saw people filling up their own personal mugs as well.

So much for the monitoring of the mug use!!

caryrae
10-26-2008, 10:50 AM
I guess until Disney has people stationed at the drink stations just to watch out for cheaters or figure out a different way to keep people from breaking the rules, some people always will. Maybe if it ever gets to be to big a problem Disney will just start charging for refills or do away with the Mugs altogether, who knows.

Speedy1998
10-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Maybe if it ever gets to be to big a problem Disney will just start charging for refills or do away with the Mugs altogether, who knows.

Not sure it will ever be a big enough loss for Disney to justify stationing people to do Mug checks. I know for the fast food industry drinks are the most profitable thing they sell because of it's low cost.

lawgirl
10-26-2008, 02:17 PM
We have mugs from AKL from 1999. We use them at AKL each time. I never knew what the mug refill rules were. I guess we should buy new ones?

Catzle
10-26-2008, 03:00 PM
I believe now also if you are there for a week or so and switch resorts you do not have to buy a new mug at the next resort you can use the one you bought already.

caryrae
10-26-2008, 03:52 PM
I believe now also if you are there for a week or so and switch resorts you do not have to buy a new mug at the next resort you can use the one you bought already.

Is this true, because our mug from 2 years ago at POP says right on the mug "Refillable at location purchased, Free refills until the end of your stay".

TammiMcMan
10-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Is this true, because our mug from 2 years ago at POP says right on the mug "Refillable at location purchased, Free refills until the end of your stay".Yes, that part of the policy changed when they went to the generic mugs.

Moderators Request: Please lets not go down the path of discussing the right and wrong of refillable mugs. The policy is the policy and that's what can be discussed and clarified in this thread.