PDA

View Full Version : Mister Toads Wild Ride??

luvDaMouse
10-25-2008, 08:59 PM
I have read some posts a while back about this ride. I was in Disney in 1976 and have some vivid memories of certain rides. Haunted Mansion, 20,000 leagues, speedway, space mountain, pirates, etc... but not Mister Toads wild ride? What replaced it? I have gone on you tube and watched the video and I cannot place it at all. The outside of the building looks like the Mickey's Philharmagic is that where it was? Just curious.......

joanna71985
10-25-2008, 09:11 PM
The Winnie the Pooh ride.

luvDaMouse
10-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Thank you!:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-25-2008, 10:09 PM
At the very beginning of the Winnie the Pooh ride, there is a picture of Mr. Toad passing the deed over to Owl. Cute tribute!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-25-2008, 10:58 PM
And Mr. Toad is buried at HM!

Melanie
10-26-2008, 07:32 AM
And Mr. Toad is buried at HM!

Funny since he's alive and well at Disneyland. :thumbsup:

mainemajor
10-26-2008, 09:10 AM
At the very beginning of the Winnie the Pooh ride, there is a picture of Mr. Toad passing the deed over to Owl. Cute tribute!

I have never noticed this, but will be looking for it in two months

Kenny1113
10-26-2008, 07:37 PM

Where is this? I have gone on a couple of times after learning of it and I have yet to see it. TIA

joelkfla
10-26-2008, 11:18 PM
In the Shaky Place, on the left wall as you enter it.

The "Shaky Place" is the 2nd scene; the "Windy Place" comes first.

Imagineer1981
10-27-2008, 11:08 AM
i never knew about the deed, I will have to look for it for sure

Figment104
10-27-2008, 12:17 PM
I actually just saw it this last time that I went. Look for the scene that's owl's house and there are pictures all over the floor. As we were just past it I looked behind me and was able to see it. I'm sure you can probably see it as you go through but I remembered reading to look back and it may be easier to see so that's what I did and low and behold there it was.

Very Cute. We also took a pic of Mr. Toad in the HM pet cemetary this trip!

BeccaO
10-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Very Interesting post, will have to check these 2 things out in January when we are there. I love learning these new things!!!!!

Zawadi
10-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Didn't know any of this as the Mr Toad ride closed for good the day before our first trip to WDW (07 Sept 1998)

Very Interesting post, will have to check these 2 things out in January when we are there. I love learning these new things!!!!!
:ditto: but this will probably be in 2010 :cry:

BigRedDad
10-27-2008, 02:49 PM
LOL... I fell asleep last night watching Mr. Toad on REEL. I couldn't record it because the DVR was already taping two shows. It was only on once, so I cannot schedule taping for the next show.

WDW_Obsessed
10-28-2008, 04:07 PM
This post made me laugh as my parents still talk about when they took me on this ride as a four year old in 1986 and I screamed the whole ride through. They were under the impression that a little kid would like this ride, but I must have been a little wimp! I don't remember the ride, but I do remember being angry at my mom for taking me on it!:blush:

Mackflava99
11-07-2008, 04:44 PM
it really wasnt an elaborate ride- but it was fun regardless-

Disneyfan1971
11-07-2008, 09:23 PM
This is one of the first rides I went on at MK and every time I went back, I HAD to ride this...I really miss it even though it was kinda cheesy...it was SOOO much fun :) Too bad MK can't bring it back.

Meerkat
11-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Just for the record, the original MTWR opened in Disneyland in 1955. The main characters, Mr. Toad, Ratty, Moley and MacBadger came from a 1949 Disney adaptation of Kenneth Grahame's The Wind In The Willows, first published in 1908. The WDW version opened on October 1st, 1971 and closed on September 7, 1998. A tribute to the attraction is the toad statue in the Haunted Mansion pet cemetery.

Ian
11-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Funny since he's alive and well at Disneyland. :thumbsup:One more reason why I love Disneyland! :mickey:

Where is this? I have gone on a couple of times after learning of it and I have yet to see it. TIAYou really have to kind of look back over your left shoulder as you go through the barn. It's not readily obvious.

I guess Disney didn't want to rub it in the face of those 100,000 or so people who signed the "Don't Demolish Toad" petition. :secret:

Pixie Power
11-08-2008, 02:35 PM

Yes & I have a picture of it. Can I post it here? I'll try...brb...

Pixie Power
11-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I actually just saw it this last time that I went. Look for the scene that's owl's house and there are pictures all over the floor. As we were just past it I looked behind me and was able to see it. I'm sure you can probably see it as you go through but I remembered reading to look back and it may be easier to see so that's what I did and low and behold there it was.

Very Cute. We also took a pic of Mr. Toad in the HM pet cemetery this trip!

Oh, really? Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup: We'll be sure to look for that on our next trip. :ghost:

bertasso59
11-08-2008, 03:56 PM
This was another really fun little ride that got bounced,probably because it could no longer sell merchandise tied into it
Did that sound bitter?

mickey&missy
11-09-2008, 07:25 AM
I rode Mr Toad when I was 11 and have a very vivid memory of it! It scared the bejeepers out of me!! Not sure why. I'd love to ride it now and see what it's like! One more reason to take a trip to DL!

beksy
11-09-2008, 10:23 AM
I loved Mr. Toad. When we went when I was around 8-10 (we went every year for awhile) I had to ride it over and over. My parents went crazy and would take turns riding with me while the other one did something my 2 year old sister would enjoy. I was convinced I was actually driving and wanted to improve my skills! :blush: I hated to see it go but I love Pooh. Of course I'm a huge Pooh fan, too! I never had any trouble seeing the picture. Just look at all the pictures when you get to Owl's house. I didn't have to look back.

Roland
11-11-2008, 02:26 AM
I had the luck and pleasure of riding Mr. Toad at Disneyland just two years ago. It is such a blast! But, I also enjoy Winnie the Pooh ride that replaced Mr. Toad at Magic Kingdom.

There is just something very special about Disneyland but there's also this wonderful magic about the MK at WDW!

It's an infectious love. :mickey:

Stu29573
11-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Having ridden both, I'll have to say I really preferred Toad, although Pooh is a good ride. The crazy cars and the cartoon cutout figures in Toad made it an altogether silly experience! Pooh just might be a little too slick....:mickey:
Not to mention that his "Playful Spot" makes me furious because of the memories of what IT replaced....

SpecJoe Magic
11-11-2008, 03:45 PM
You really have to kind of look back over your left shoulder as you go through the barn. It's not readily obvious.

Even though it's not obvious, I noticed it the very first time I rode The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and I didn't have any prior knowledge of it. I don't know what caused me to look right at it. :shrug: