PDA

View Full Version : I Got A RESPONSE for the letter I wrote... YOU WONT BELIEVE IT!!!

cal5755
10-24-2008, 04:00 PM
I did get a response to the E-Mail (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=144276)I sent to Disney.

I actually heard from them last week... but I wanted to wait until the mail they sent came before I posted this. Honestly I thought I might of dreamed the conversation up.

I got a phone call from the executive offices of disney. A nice woman named Jennifer went over the e-mail I sent her and we had a long conversation about all aspects of the e-mail. She apologized and assured me that each department we had trouble with got the copy of the letter. She informed me that safety is their number one concern and she really appreciated the detailed email with all the names because this helps them improve customer service and safety for guests. At the end of the phone call she asked if there was anything she could do for us. I told her that her phone call was enough and that I appreciated the fact that they took the time to read my email and take my concerns seriously. She then told me to make up for our unmagical moments she was going to send 4 day passes for my entire party to be used in the future!! I think my jaw dropped in disbelief and I thanked her (probably a million times) before we hung up.

Today, in the mail, I did get (12) 4 day park hopper + more tickets along with a letter thanking me for taking the time to speak to them. I am overwhelmed....that is a huge deal and over a 3,000 dollar value. I have never received anything like this ever!! I am still in shock... I just had to have them in my hand before I shared my phone call..... yes I am still dreaming but now of planning a new vacation! :cloud9:

I am very glad Disney took my email seriously because my biggest issue was with Aunt Apples safety on the bus. They do listen to us!!

Catwillow
10-24-2008, 04:11 PM
That's awesome .... so glad you got such a postive response.:thumbsup:

Kathleen

WDWFanatic
10-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Wow Cheryl! That is so great. Your email was excellent and I liked how you but both positive and negative and also didn't expect anything.

I think it's a case of good karma coming back to you. I hope you are able to take another trip with Aunt Apple and only have the best time!

Sunshine1010
10-24-2008, 04:30 PM
.....let me get my pen and paper (just kidding)....

Congratulations! Now you can use those tickets for the 'surprise' trip you are possibly planning.

pdrlkr
10-24-2008, 04:39 PM
:congrats:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Its good to hear that Disney is paying attention to Customer Satisfaction....

Dsnygirl
10-24-2008, 04:59 PM
That is awesome -- I'm really glad to hear they took your concerns seriously, as they should. What a wonderful response from them -- makes me feel better about what I've been hearing lately, maybe they're finally listening!! :mickey:

pink
10-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Wow, that's amazing. :mickey:

cer
10-24-2008, 05:31 PM
So glad they did their part to make it right. But truly it is a shame all that you had to go through on what should have been a magical trip the first time!

So when are you going back? I thought you had said you were going back soon, like before the end of the year?

Happy, happy planning!:thumbsup:

disneymom15
10-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Wow, what a nice surprise.

SBETigg
10-24-2008, 05:38 PM
That's really fantastic! I'm so glad they responded, and the passes are just a lovely extra bit of magic. Very lovely. Wow!

GrumpyFan
10-24-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm glad for you and Aunt Apple. When I read your story I was surprised to say the least at how you guys were treated.

I'm also glad to hear that Disney listened to you and did their best to make it right. Hopefully, they are listening, and the message gets to the right people.

faline
10-24-2008, 06:01 PM
It's wonderful to hear that Disney responded to you! Thanks for the update!

goofy for pluto
10-24-2008, 06:28 PM
I am very happy that Disney listened to your concerns. When I read your email to Disney I was shocked that your family would be treated so badly by the bus drivers. It is great that you will get another chance to show Aunt Apple how much fun WDW can be.
Heres hoping that your next trip is magical in every way! :cloud9:

glenpreece
10-24-2008, 06:47 PM
I agree it is nice to know they actually listen. I had some problems with various CM's while booking my vaca back in 2006. I called about dining, our res itself and just general questions. I was treated rudely and abrutly by several differnt CM's. i sent an e-mail and received a call and letter from Audra at WDW Reservations. We spoke and I was able to give names dates etc. and since everything is tied to my res # she was able to verify my calls. So shortly after our talk and her apologies they started that thing where they ask you to doa survey after your call. since then I have never had another bad CM on the phone. PLus when we arrived Audra had snet over a gift for us!! It had mugs, cookies and coffee in it. Very sweet, but the best part was knowing that they actually listened and did something about it.

TennesseeTink
10-24-2008, 06:54 PM
WOW! That's fantastic! Like you, I would have been quite satisfied with the phone call showing how seriously they took the issues that you and your family dealt with. Sometimes it's enough to know that they HEAR you. Also it makes you feel certain that the issues(or in this case, very BAD CMs) will be dealt with. But 12 4-day passes!:jaw: Holy cow!

TennesseeTink
10-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Oh and by the way, fantastic letter.:thumbsup:
Very well put.

Figaro
10-24-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm glad to hear they took care of you guys!! :mickey: :magic:

Jodi
10-24-2008, 08:24 PM
That is terrific that they took the time to respond and send you a little surprise too. A local airline in our state is cutting flights along with pilots and flight attendants. The past 2 Sunday paper's there have been articles from the employees asking people to send correspondence to the CEO. Well, I tried this as we USED to fly with this airline every year to WDW. Guess what? They blocked the e-mails. Tells you alot about how much they care. So, you go girl !! Glad you got that kind of a response.

VWL Mom
10-24-2008, 08:42 PM
That is truly magical!

I hope you will be filling us in on Aunt Apple and her take on the SSW stars (that's if any survive the Pine Valley tornado);)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-24-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm so glad to hear they took care of you after all the bad stuff that happened to you. Congrats!

Faver
10-25-2008, 03:52 AM
I guess this is why we love Disney:mickey: I'm glad they took responsibility for the mistakes, and made it up to you and your party!!!!

:thumbsup:

EpcotChic23
10-25-2008, 04:54 PM
I am so happy for you!!! A couple of years ago I had an unmagical trip in CR and I wrote a nice letter and then same thing happend to me. They called me, walked me through my letter and gave me a complementry night at the CR in the future (which we still have not used b/c it is always sold out when we try to book). I agree I did not need the room the phone call itself made my day. I remember when they called I was at work and I saw the 407 area code I jumped b/c I knew it was them. I am very happy for you. Enjoy!!!!

laward32
10-25-2008, 06:51 PM
I am so glad you got a response and the tickets. It is good to know that someone reads the emails and letters people send in. They can't change anything if we don't let them know what was wrong. Congratulations on your gift.:mickey:

AHOTE
10-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Glad to hear that things worked out well for you. :thumbsup: I sent an email in May 2007 and was told that they could not accept my email that I had to write a letter. I sent a letter and included photographs to prove my displeasure with my room. While my situation was minor in comparison to yours, I'm still waiting for a response that I doubt it will ever arrive. I can only hope that good customer service is returning to the Walt Disney Company and that's a good thing.

BugeyedMuggy
10-26-2008, 11:46 AM
We just got back. They didn't only compensate you for your troubles, but they are taking steps to fix them. We stayed at Pop Century and during our stay we had a cast member ask us serveral questions about our satisfaction with housekeeping. He had a clipboard and asked us several questions, then went to the next room. We have been to Disney 10x plus and this is the first time we were actually serveyed on our experiences with housekeeping. It's nice to see they are trying to fix it and not just cover it up afterwards.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-26-2008, 07:23 PM
That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dreams do come true when you go to Disney.:cloud9:
Have fun with your park hoppers...:mickey:

Next trip: 11/24th thru 12/5 @ the POP:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Ian
10-26-2008, 07:38 PM
That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dreams do come true when you go to Disney.:cloud9:
Have fun with your park hoppers...:mickey:

Next trip: 11/24th thru 12/5 @ the POP:joy::joy::joy::joy:Uh ... look, I mean I'm glad Disney took care of her issue to some degree, but I'd hardly call it "magic."

If her stay went flawlessly and she was treated like a true guest ... that's magical. What happened to her was not, on any level, magical.

Honestly, it's fine Disney did what they did, but it should never have happened in the first place from a company that allegedly prides themselves on providing top notch guest servicing.

dtootsie42
10-28-2008, 12:24 AM
Wow simply awesome. I think having the names really helped. We had an experience in DisneyLand years ago. I wrote a letter and got a reply back but because I did not have the name they felt they were limited in the action they could take. I totally agreed and now get names if something happens. Just getting a response is wonderful.