PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Upgrades

mykidsmom
10-24-2008, 01:50 PM
I have a question about park passes. Last January we upgraded our passes from expire to non expire and added 3 days before we left. Will we be able to again upgrade these passes when we go in January to add more days, or are the tix limited to one upgrade?

mcjaco
10-24-2008, 02:41 PM
As far as I know, there isn't a limit on how many times you upgrade. Disney is always happy to take more of your money. :D

disneymom15
10-24-2008, 03:11 PM
So how does that work? I bought a 10 day hopper with 6 days water park option non exp. On that ticket I have 3 park days and 6 water park remaining, what would the price be to take it back to it's original?

DizneyRox
10-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Actually, tickets can only be upgraded 14 days from the date of first use.

And you can only go as high at the 10 day ticket. If you upgrade your ticket to a 10 day ticket, that's it. Well, within the 14 days, you could still add park hopping and/or water parks, etc. But 10 days is the limit (at least for US guests).

So, the answer is, no you can't upgrade your tickets. You "might" be able to apply the value of a ticket towards a new ticket however... It's a one for one, one tickets value towards the purchase of another ticket. You can't take 4 tickets, add up the value and purchase one new ticket.

CleveRocks
10-25-2008, 03:14 PM
I agree with everything DizneyRox said except for the "might" clause in the last paragraph. MYW tickets that were first used more than 14 days prior can't be traded in for value towards the purchase of another MYW ticket.

I also want to specifically point out that the 14-day rule (no adding to or upgrading tickets after 14 days from that ticket's first use) applies even if you bought the no expiration option. It is true that the entitlements on the ticket never expire, but your ability to add to or upgrade the ticket still expires 14 days from the ticket's first use.

mcjaco
10-27-2008, 03:24 PM
^ Interesting. I didn't get the water park & more option on my last ten day no expiring, thinking I'd add it on at a later date if necessary.