PDA

View Full Version : What are you asking Santa for this year ?

PittFan
10-23-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm asking for an HDTV. Something in the 42" to 54" range. What are you asking for?

pixiegoose
10-23-2008, 01:55 PM
DH and I have quite a list:
-TomTom or Garmin GPS
- new radio for DH's car (his only gets FM now (would like to have AM again so we can listen to traffic reports) and the display won't light up)
- a trip to Disney World in the next year
- DH wants a pretty new TV (HD/plasma/whatever the cool thing is now) but I'm fine with what we have as long as they continue to work
- world peace :mickey:

laprana
10-23-2008, 02:41 PM
A trip to Disney World! :mickey:

disneymom15
10-23-2008, 02:44 PM
What else, another trip to Disney!

MScholl13
10-23-2008, 02:45 PM
1. Chi Straightner
2. Forever 21 giftcard
3. Girls Next Door Seasons
4. Laptop

Tink-N-Me
10-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Membership to Disney Vacation Club!!!

thumperbug
10-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Full time employment for myself and/or DH. I've been out of work for 10 months, DH for over 18 months. Both worked in Subprime Mortgages (oh no!!!)

cer
10-23-2008, 03:42 PM
I want a pair of nice sunglasses. :waycool:

I am 38 years old and never had a 'good' pair because I was always afraid I'd lose or scratch them, but now, I think I am ready!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Well, we're already going to Disney World, so I guess just a safe trip and a little extra spending money:mickey:

Ian
10-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Full time employment for myself and/or DH. I've been out of work for 10 months, DH for over 18 months. Both worked in Subprime Mortgages (oh no!!!)Ugh. I hear ya. I would have been wishing for the same thing (got "downsized" out of the mortgage biz last month), but fortunately I found a new job already.

Best of luck in your search. It's tough out there, but there is work.

I want a pair of nice sunglasses. :waycool:

I am 38 years old and never had a 'good' pair because I was always afraid I'd lose or scratch them, but now, I think I am ready!Don't worry about it. When you pay the money you pay for a pair of Ray-Bans or Revos you definitely become a lot more vigilant about them than you are about the $6.99 cent pair you got from Wal-Mart. ;)

Nice sunglasses are actually very important for your eyes. Not necessarily expensive ones, but ones that offer sufficient U/V protection.

Anyway, I have no idea what I'm asking Santa for. I got my two biggest wishes for 2008 ... a new job and DVC points at BLT. Most likely I'll just get some winter clothes and maybe a couple of books.

I kinda end up getting "Christmas presents" all year long (how does that happen? :blush:), so in our house Christmas is more about DW, DD, and DS than it is about me. I actually prefer giving gifts over getting them anyway.

beksy
10-23-2008, 06:13 PM
GPS! If you knew how many wasted hours I spend from being lost, you'd understand my deperate need (yes, it has become a need and not a want!). Oh, and for our trip to WDW to work out! :blush:

joanna71985
10-23-2008, 06:17 PM
I am leaning towards asking for an Ipod touch.

DisneyFreak23
10-23-2008, 06:26 PM
I just want a cell phone!
I am pretty much the only girl at school who doesnt have one!!

pink
10-23-2008, 06:28 PM
1) A nice, small digital camera.
2) Giftcard for a facial.
3) Some books.
4) Some clothes.

:mickey:

Stich8818
10-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Like everyone else A trip to Disney.

I told the wife not to buy me anything jsut to put the money away in a seperate account to save it up.

ElenitaB
10-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Find some money to be able to buy Christmas presents
Good health for me and my family

This has been a difficult year for our family both in terms of health issues and finances. While I'd love an iPhone, there are other things that are way higher on my list of priorities. (Sorry to be Debbie Downer)

MauiMouse
10-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Full time employment for myself and/or DH. I've been out of work for 10 months, DH for over 18 months. Both worked in Subprime Mortgages (oh no!!!)

Ugh. I hear ya. I would have been wishing for the same thing (got "downsized" out of the mortgage biz last month), but fortunately I found a new job already.

Same here, my hours got cut in half, so I want a new job so bad. I can't wait to get out of where I'm at. I don't need or deserve what they are doing to me. Hopefully come January I'll have that new job.

Find some money to be able to buy Christmas presents
Good health for me and my family

This has been a difficult year for our family both in terms of health issues and finances. While I'd love an iPhone, there are other things that are way higher on my list of priorities. (Sorry to be Debbie Downer)

Don't be sorry Ellen, I wish you good health and I hear you in the finance department. I am barely eeking by too. Might be tight in the present department for my family.

threeh
10-24-2008, 09:52 AM
WDW annual passes!!!:mickey:

Kennywife
10-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Well, Minnie Claus *coughs* :secret: just put Kenny's name on a PSP at the local pawn shop. :mickey:

We're going to get one present each so we can save for Disney next year.

Anna

princessgirls
10-25-2008, 03:40 PM
DH usually gets me a gift that I just wouldn't spend the money on for myself.

Last year it was a pair of Uggs, one year it was a Coach purse, Ipod and my most favorite gift of all time the Tivo!! I love that Tivo!:thumbsup:

This year I mentioned that I would like a nice everyday gold bracelet and a new pair of Ray Ban's. My are lost and I don't love the $6.99 from Target that I'm currently wearing. We'll see what ends up under the Christmas tree.
Enjoy the season everyone!
Julie:mickey:

Jen C.
10-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Christian Louboutin Rolando pumps...:cloud9:

Georgesgirl1
10-25-2008, 07:38 PM
DH and I normally don;t get each other gifts but instead spend the money on things we need for the house. Since we are expecting a baby a few weeks after Christmas we really need to be spending the money on that instead of us. The best gift I can have each Christmas morning is waking up next to the love of my life and best friend. :blush:
I am however asking my parents for a glider for the nursery!

elmjimmlm
10-25-2008, 08:16 PM
All I want is more sleep...:sleepin:

Faver
10-25-2008, 09:32 PM
An Amazon Kindle!!!! I love to read, and I just found out about the kindle and I'm obsessing already:blush:

AHOTE
10-25-2008, 10:48 PM
That's easy, A JOB.

disneyboundagain
10-26-2008, 12:55 AM

??????

Alligirl
10-26-2008, 09:36 AM
I told my family to buy me something from the pfaltzgraff outlet here that is going to close by the end of the year. I loved being able to pop in to replace a broken mug or buy an interesting piece for a small price, but now it will have to be online and shipping is crazy expensive!

princessjojo
10-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Oh girlfriend, you and me both... But after being out of work for 5 years and just now getting back into the work thing, I would rather have the mountains of bills paid and just wear my Dansko/Sanita's I have for work wherever I go for now...

I would really like one of the BlackBerry Storms that verizon is coming out with though, or maybe a fat mall giftcard.

JanetMegan
10-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Well let's see, things are SUPER tight right now around here so I don't think I'll be getting anything or giving anything major this year. I have asked my parents for some crafty items that I normall buy for myself but just haven't had the extra $ this year...

Missy_Mouses_Dad
10-27-2008, 09:09 AM
I don't really want anything except for my dd's wishes to come true. One already has. On our trip to DW this past summer she wished she could dance at DW, and she is in the Christmas parade with her dance club.
:santa:

Jeff G
10-27-2008, 10:09 AM
I kinda end up getting "Christmas presents" all year long (how does that happen? :blush:), so in our house Christmas is more about DW, DD, and DS than it is about me. I actually prefer giving gifts over getting them anyway.

I'm in the same boat. We exchange names at the in-laws and I need to think of a $50 gift idea, I'm having a really hard time coming up with ideas. I really don't care about receiving at Christmas, I would rather give. With four kids my main concern is making their Christmas as special as possible while making sure we keep Jesus and his birth as our mainn focus on the season.

To answer the OP my request from Santa is good health for myself and my family,

Nate's Grandpa
10-27-2008, 11:20 AM
An Amazon Kindle!!!! I love to read, and I just found out about the kindle and I'm obsessing already:blush:

Yes, the Amazon Kindle is an amazing device.
There is currently a $50 discount avaiable thru the end of this month.

I will probably order it this week.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
10-27-2008, 12:13 PM
I agree Jeff. I get much more out of seeing other's enjoy their gifts and surprising my dd on Christmas morning.

mdhiggin
10-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Parents get presents?:secret:

PittFan
10-27-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm in the same boat. We exchange names at the in-laws and I need to think of a $50 gift idea, I'm having a really hard time coming up with ideas. I really don't care about receiving at Christmas, I would rather give. With four kids my main concern is making their Christmas as special as possible while making sure we keep Jesus and his birth as our mainn focus on the season.

To answer the OP my request from Santa is good health for myself and my family,

I enjoy giving more than receiving also. I just started back to work today (off 10 months) and I'm REALLY looking forward to this Christmas. My kids and DW deserve it. They're getting spoiled this year. :thumbsup: But I'm still asking Santa for an HDTV.

handmaidenofprincesses
10-30-2008, 12:39 PM
My family and I already talked about it. No presents this year, but that's ok, I'm going to Disney in Jan!!

So all I want from Santa is:

-A job
-My niece out of the hospital, healthy and back in school
-A safe trip

Magic Smiles
10-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Less stress and a warm cozy home :mickey:

cknorr28
11-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Money for Christmas. DW lost her job in April. Luckily she found a job this past month but it is half of what she made before. But at least she found something. Pixie Dust :pixie: to everyone else in need.

Marilyn Michetti
11-06-2008, 06:08 PM
It's really dumb, but I want the Hallmark channel. I could just call Cox and sign up, but I want it as a gift. That, and a long neck...hmmm.:D

IloveDisney71
11-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Someone was telling me about some charm bracelets (I think the brand is Pandora?) that have Disney charms to add to them. I was looking at them about a month or so ago and trying to decide if that's what I should drop hints for this Christmas. I'm still trying to decide...hmmmm...:blush:

thrillme
11-12-2008, 01:08 PM
A way to buy something for everyone on the list for around $5-10 a person.

I LOVE Christmas but it's getting too complicated and to expensive. I would LOVE to draw names but on one side of the house that wouldn't work at all on the other side...it gets complicated becase they are having too many kids (children weren't in the hat).