PDA

View Full Version : Do the Florida Parks Ever Close?

Exo
10-23-2008, 01:08 PM
I have a friend that told me that once a year that Cisco goes to WDW and that Disney closes a park for several days to accomodate Cisco employees and their customers. I have a hard time believeing it. Anyone know if this is true.

crazypoohbear
10-23-2008, 01:52 PM
I have never heard of this happening and I can't imagine that Disney would close the parks for a few days for a company.
I think your friend is pulling your leg.
The only time I have heard of the parks closing is due to hurricanes.

PittFan
10-23-2008, 02:24 PM
I have never heard of this happening and I can't imagine that Disney would close the parks for a few days for a company.
I think your friend is pulling your leg.
The only time I have heard of the parks closing is due to hurricanes.

Or Miley Cyrus birthday party ... LOL

SBETigg
10-23-2008, 04:01 PM
It's not true.

brownie
10-23-2008, 04:55 PM
They have closed the Magic Kingdom a little earlier for private functions in the evening in the past. I don't know if this still happens or not, but they certainly don't shut a park down for a day let alone several for a private function.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-23-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't think there has ever been a full day in which the Florida parks close. Partial days, yes. But not a full day.

Now, you can rent out the park...at a hefty fee for a few hours. Or if you wanted it for the whole day, they would close each land as you moved through, but not completely 100% closed to public.

Exo
10-24-2008, 04:46 PM
I called him on it today... He works for Cisco and said he can't wait to go next year. He swears it's true. But I'm betting like you all it's a partial day.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Probably a few hours in the evening is what he's talking about. There are enough CMs on here that someone would have known about it.