PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Fort Wilderness

whymsycalwitch
10-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Could some one please help me figure the best way to get to the Mickey's B-B-Q at Fort Wilderness from Saratoga Springs and I have to be there by 11am for a Segway tour.

If it turns out to be via taxi does any one know about how much that would be?

Thanks for all your help.

snuggs30
10-23-2008, 12:40 PM
I would go to Downtown Disney and catch a bus to Ft. Wilderness. It will take you to the front of Ft. Wilderness, I do not know where your Segway tour starts, but then they have a internal bus route right at the bus stop you get off at. There are maps also at the stop. That would be the easiest thing to do. I would leave really early because it could take some time to get there, if you get there to early there are alot of things to do while waiting! Have Fun

TinyDancer
10-23-2008, 12:47 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOR you could take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then a boat to Fort Wilderness. I'm not sure where Mickey's BBQ is, but the boat puts you in back where the Hoop-dee-doo is. Back at the Settlement. I love the boats!!!:cloud9:

Maleficent_vf
10-23-2008, 01:37 PM
I'd vote for the bus to MK and the boat ride to FW. :thumbsup:

KylesMom
10-23-2008, 01:43 PM
I too would opt for the bus to MK, then hop the boat to FtW. You then may have to jump on the internal FtW bus to get you to where you need to go for the Segway tour and/or Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Can anyone comment on this leg of whymsycalwitch's journey?

disneyluva
10-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Or, if you can get to the Contemporary - you can take a boat from there also. Easier to park than at MK if you have a car. Also, easier than driving directly to FW b/c of that internal bus thing which took my parents forever last time we were there to see Hoop Dee Do.

Figaro
10-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Once you get to FW... walk up the dock of the Marina... and when you get past the lawnmower tree, bear to the right and you'll see where the pony rides are at. Backyard BBQ is right there. As far as getting from Saratoga to FW, I'm not sure if there's a bus directly between the two, but MK to FW via boat, or CT to FW via boat works. :thumbsup:

whymsycalwitch
10-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Thank you all so much for your help. I like the idea of bus to MK then boat to Wilderness. Then internal bus to Mickey's BBQ/Segway site. Any idea of how long this trip would take in total? What time do you think we should head down to the bus stop from our room at SSR?

snuggs30
10-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Takes around 15-20 min for the boat ride from the MK. It can be a wait also at the MK for the boat, sometimes 20-30 min. So about 40 min if boat is not there but hopefully you will be lucky and one will be there or coming. I don't know how long it takes from your resort to MK though? I guess I would give a total of 1 hr. Hope that helps some. :thumbsup:

AuntLaura
10-26-2008, 07:36 AM
To re-iterate: Once you get to FW by boat, do not take an internal bus - the post by Figaro is correct: from the dock walk up towards the Settlement restaurants - Mickey's Backyard BBQ is behind them. There is a walk to the right around the buildings. If you walk to the bus stop, you've gone too far. I think the bus to MK and boat to FW is the best. I would give myself at least 1 hour and maybe 1 1/2 hours - if you hit the bus and boat just right, it will take no time at all, but if you have to wait 20 - 30 minutes for each, it could take a while. The boat ride is about 15 - 20 minutes depending on if it stops at WL. If at FW early, enjoy shopping at the Settlement store, sit on a rocker and people watch, or go see the horses in the horse barn.