PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know you #3

Figment78
10-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Again, very sorry for the delay. Apparently I'm a very unreliable regular poster. I hope everyone bears with me. Like everyone else, I lead a busy frazzled life, and things come up. I promise to try to post these questions more regularly. Here's today's question... about our WDW vacation evening activities!

PittFan
10-23-2008, 12:42 PM
We spend as much time at the parks as we possibly can. We do have a tendancy to park hop :tigger: on AK days. We also leave MK to eat most of the time and then return after dinner.

DizNee143
10-23-2008, 12:46 PM
i voted for the top 3 choices..
cuz it depends...
sometimes we stay at the parks and enjoy our night there..
other times we get back to the resort and just hang around there..or sometimes we go to downtown disney and do some shopping!!!

paragon
10-23-2008, 01:24 PM
We like to stay at the parks as long as we can, especially MK. I love the lights! Having grown up spending summers at the beach,in Hull MA, with a sea side amusement park, theres nothing more magical to me than the rides, shops and all the rest lit up in all those colors!
And, we may sleep a little later in the mornings, to miss the breakfast rush, as well as the mad dash to the parks to be there first. We plan our early mornings. Though we will also always set aside a dinner at a resort as well. Typically, we have one dinner at the Cape May, then just walk around the boardwalk area for that evening. ( again, bringing me back to my summertime memories of my youth! )

Jeff G
10-23-2008, 01:41 PM
I went with the parks but for the most part we have a mix of many of the above.

I'd say on an average trip of 8 nights we spend about half at the parks, 2-3 swimming at the resort, a couple exploring other resorts and Disney grounds and usually one at Downtown Disney.

pdrlkr
10-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Always at the parks! :thumbsup: :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
10-23-2008, 04:23 PM
I had to pick three, because we usually do all three or atleast two everynight in the world. On the boardwalk and even more now that we are DVC and are staying at the Villas this coming January. We love the hottub there. So we usually get some drinks and soak in the hottub...usually late at night when its quiet and noones around after we just got back from the parks. Then off to bed for early rising :cloud9:

ibrowse17
10-23-2008, 07:25 PM
As we always take a break for DW's sake, night time finds us generally at the MK:thumbsup:

mainemajor
10-23-2008, 07:55 PM
More times than not we close at least one park per night. We never did late nights at Pleasure Island.
We would rather stay/play late at the parks and sleep in in the mornings. Often relaxing around the pool and having a lesurly breakfast watching all the families with young children rushing off to do everything before lunch.

yjgirl32
10-23-2008, 08:49 PM
On our last visit we had a 75 year old, a 64 year old and a 3 year old- so we got back to the resort at a reasonable time so we could rest. Now we did not take a mid-day break and we did not make it back to our rooms until about 9.

cal5755
10-23-2008, 08:56 PM
We are always in the parks til closing or almost closing... and we usually eat a late dinner in the parks.... gotta get as much time at the parks as we can!

SBETigg
10-23-2008, 09:49 PM
We shake it up. Sometimes we're at the parks. Sometimes we're kicking back at the resort. And sometimes we're having a late dinner. It's about equal between the three options.

ILoveLegos
10-23-2008, 11:07 PM
At the parks, unless the weather is too rainy, or we want to soak in the hot tub - to refresh for the next day.

Tink#64
10-23-2008, 11:30 PM
I went with the parks but for the most part we have a mix of many of the above.

I'd say on an average trip of 8 nights we spend about half at the parks, 2-3 swimming at the resort, a couple exploring other resorts and Disney grounds and usually one at Downtown Disney.

:ditto: We manage to see all of the night time events, Wishes, Spectro, IllumiNations, Fantasmic, but we also like to try at least one dinner in a restaurant in a resort that we've not visited, and shop & look around the resort! We like to have a couple of evenings to relax at the pool & try to get to bed a little earlier for some extra z's! Also like fitting in a round of Putt putt & an evening at DTD! We always have more on our to do list than we have time for! :crazy:

Mad About Mickey
10-24-2008, 08:53 AM
We stay till park closing almost every night. DW loves Illuminations and the rest of us love Wishes so we always stay to the end at MK & Epcot. We often hop to MK or Epcot from DHS & AK to catch the closings. Though we always try to get a night at Downtown Disney and another at the resort.

c&d
10-24-2008, 09:06 AM
We're not early risers so we stay in the parks until they close. I also like the parks more at night.

Cinderelley
10-24-2008, 11:15 AM
We stay until the park closes all the time!

amd780
10-24-2008, 01:05 PM
We always stay at the parks until around 8. :mickey:

beksy
10-24-2008, 01:13 PM
We love the parks at night!

glenpreece
10-24-2008, 06:55 PM
I will usually be in DTD when the parks aren't open late but If i can swing I'll stay in the park as long as i can especially the last night.

GrmGrninGost
10-24-2008, 11:58 PM
We spend as much time as possible in the parks! :mickey:

DizRunner
10-25-2008, 08:53 AM
This really depends on the trip. When I go with my wife, she'll want to go resort hopping or shopping at DTD. When I go by myself during the marathon weekends it's parks, parks, parks. I open them and close them.

pixiesmimi
10-25-2008, 10:14 AM
I chose the resort because we don't stay out all night and like to go early in the morning before it gets hot and crowded but we do usually stay until after the fireworks or parade most nights so we don't go back to the resort early. We do use the EMHs at different resorts at night but don't usually close the parks. So I guess you could say both.

laward32
10-25-2008, 06:53 PM
I put at the parks, which we usually do, but I've only been during the fall and winter when the parks aren't open too late. We do stay at the parks as late as we can, then hang out at the resort or DTD.:mickey:

wdwfansince75
10-26-2008, 07:45 AM
On most trips, we end most evenings at MK.....we usually stay at SoG or CR, and the late night trip is not as hectic. Occasionally, I/we will do an evening at EPCOT.
Favorite end of evening at MK is to do Splash and/or BTMRR, then PoTC and the Emporium. At least one evening, we all do Space Mtn, TTA, Buzz, CoP....and then the gate....with a cone, if the line isn't too long.

Ian
10-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Most nights for us its fireworks and/or parades.

With two little ones, not much "clubbing" going on!

kemps@wdw
10-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Parks or Swimiming @ the resort. Mostly @ the parks. We do, however, like a bit of night swimming every now and then, followed by cocktails on the balcony while enjoying the warm WDW breezes! :cloud9: (sounds wonderful doesn't it?)

Boojum
10-27-2008, 04:17 PM
I had to go with what we "usually" do.

Most of the time, we stay at the parks until nearly-closing or closing.

Depends, though. If we're tired, we'll stay at the resort, eat dinner, swim awhile, and go to bed. This doesn't happen often, though, while staying at the parks does.

dolphinmickey9170
10-28-2008, 04:37 PM
I voted "at the parks," although we do have a fair amount of late dinners as well.

Only 208 days til our next trip.:mickey:

RedSoxFan
10-28-2008, 09:35 PM
We stay at the parks at night too.

cknorr28
10-31-2008, 12:46 PM
Typically at the parks. It really depends on how the kids feel.

IloveDisney71
11-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Usually we're at a park. I love the way the parks look at night - it's totally different than during the day.

pixiesmimi
11-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Read Kingdom Keepers and you will get a whole new take on the parks after dark. :D

Marilyn Michetti
11-07-2008, 08:13 PM
We're (cough). "older", and I have health issues, so if we stay for Illuminations or Wishes, it's home and bed right after.:)

speedmouse93
11-14-2008, 06:08 PM
We are in the parks until they kick us out!