PDA

View Full Version : Photopass Memory Book

MomOfAPrincess502
10-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Has anyone ever ordered the Photopass memory book? Just wondering how it turned out. We usually buy the photopass cd but this year I thought we would do something different and get the book.

tinklover
10-22-2008, 06:49 PM
we got the book this year and LOVED it if you go to the preorder site they have the option of preordering the cd and the book and you can get a discount .

gerald72
10-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Mine turned out great. I recommend it.

sleepingbooty
10-22-2008, 07:40 PM
I ordered one last year, and it turned out great. My only frustration was the fact that you can't change the font size on the text boxes, so if it says 100 characters, that's all you can do. That was a little limiting. Also, they cost about twice as much as photobooks on other sites. But, its the only place you can get the Disney backgrounds, so I went for it.

TheDuckRocks
10-23-2008, 09:51 AM
I loved the whole thing about making our Disney photo memory book and the end product is beautiful. As this feature is pretty expensive I would only use it for a special occasion trip which ours was. Other sites have similar quality photo books for less than half of what the Disney one costs.

DDuck66
10-23-2008, 10:10 AM
We have done it twice and loved it. The quality was excellent and I would highly recommend it. I believe the base cost was about $70 bucks without any discounts, but you can add more pages. Each additinal page was an extra amount. You can also use all of your photopass cards, a bunch of prepared Disney photos and you can upload your own digital pics as well. We have started doing one for every year that we go.

ChipDale2708
10-23-2008, 10:11 AM
I was thinking of doing one for my Mom for Christmas but I know I'll never get it done before my '30' days is up. We ordered the cd and have about 80 pictures on that. If after I get the cd and load them on to my computer, can I them upload those into the memory book? Seems like a silly question but wasn't sure if that would work. Then I can work on it at my pace. How long does it take for it to be delivered once ordered?

DDuck66
10-23-2008, 10:24 AM
I was thinking of doing one for my Mom for Christmas but I know I'll never get it done before my '30' days is up. We ordered the cd and have about 80 pictures on that. If after I get the cd and load them on to my computer, can I them upload those into the memory book? Seems like a silly question but wasn't sure if that would work. Then I can work on it at my pace. How long does it take for it to be delivered once ordered?
That should work but I am not positive. If I remember you may have had to have a Photopass Card to get started. Go ahead and start it with an active card and then use your uploaded photos later. It usually took us about 5 or 6 sessions to finish the book. Once we had ordered ours, we got it within 5 days. I believe that it comes UPS (?? I I remember correctly)

Disney fans..
10-23-2008, 10:56 AM
What exactly is a Photo Book and where would I pre order one? It sounds like when they take your pic at Disney and give your that card, you would be able to transfer those pic's to an online book...am I way off:blush:, if so can someone explain to me what one is and where I can find it?

AuntDJ
10-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Unless you are wanting the Disney background, Shutterfly makes a great photobook...

I have done the 8x8 for our Disney trip and it is beautiful!! Looks like a "little golden book".

I bought the CD, then uploaded those and my personal pics to shutterfly. I was able to use almost 250 pics it a 20 page book!

I think it is $30 for 20 pages and each additional page is $1.

Great way to "scrapbook" for us non scrapbookers!

DJ

TBY2225
10-23-2008, 02:54 PM
I love my photopass book! It was so much fun to design and build and also I loved that you can use your pictures as well as photopass pictures. If you don't want to buy individual photos or the CD, this is a great way to get lots of photopass pictures for one price. I highly recommend the memory book!

CynthiaY2
11-12-2008, 12:05 PM
I've never done a Photopass Disney Book although I have been tempted to try one BUT I have done 2 Disney Vacation books through Shutterfly. I LOVE them. You don't get the Disney themed background but you can put up to 1000 pictures into 100 pages. I'm a picture nut so that works great for me. Both my books are 100 pages and about 550 - 650 photo's in each.

As AuntDJ stated the 8X8 book is also great and a convenient but once I did a 12X12 book I was hooked.

I love the layout options in the Disney Book but I can only have a max of 4 pictures and only about 6 layouts per theme to select from.

Might want to check out the Community page on Shutterfly to check out other Disney books as well. They have a Tag "Disney" and it will take you to all the great vacation books. Mine are in there as well.

Hope that helps.
We leave in 9 days for Disney!! :thumbsup: