PDA

View Full Version : Is it really that crowded at Epcot?

lawgirl
10-22-2008, 04:32 PM
I keep reading about insane crowds at Epcot for the F&W festival...I'm starting to get a little worried.

We'll be there nov 4-9. Any hope of the crowds dying down a little? Epcot is our favorite park, and I can't imagine it with the crowds at night. We're planning on going Friday, and I want to go Saturday as well...should I be worried?

Thanks!!!

mcjaco
10-22-2008, 04:40 PM
I was rather surprised at the crowds on the two days I was there last week. I wasn't expecting high volume on a Tuesday. Sunday, I kind of expected it.

You might also be there during Jersey week (I'm not sure of the exact dates), which will most likely bring in crowds too.

Lynn J Mc
10-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Night-time crowds at the F&W festival 2 years ago horrified me. Especially since a lot of the people were drunk. Not what I was expecting. During the day-time, the kiosks were manageable. I will never visit duing the evening again during F&W. I'll have a drink as quick as the next person, but falling down drunk at Epcot is not my idea of fun.

lawgirl
10-22-2008, 05:01 PM
I'll have a drink as quick as the next person, but falling down drunk at Epcot is not my idea of fun.

I know...I love a great beer, 'rita, and a glass of wine, but falling down drunk is just horrifying to me. And, we're taking my nephews (6 yr old twins) for the first time...I guess we'll have to steer clear!

thrillme
10-22-2008, 07:55 PM
We were there a week ago. It was a Friday and it was HORRIBLY packed. Perhaps it was because it was Columbus day weekend but it was NUTZ.

It was my DH's first time and we really couldn't see ANYTHING and it was next to impossible to get reservations. We finally found something for Makarash the next day but we ended up missing it.

Lots of people drinking LOTS. I was dying to sample a bit from "around the world" but the lines never had less than 15 people in them. I usually go mid-July and there was a MUCH MUCH smaller crowd. We didn't even bother with the fire works...we had enough.

If you go be sure you do Monday-Thursday and you might be OK.

huzzah4
10-22-2008, 10:07 PM
We have been for the past three years and it has gotten worse each time. This year we were there for the opening weekend and figured that it might be a little less crowded, on the contrary, it was absolutely packed. It looks like all of the local college kids decided to come and have a beer from each country. There were so many drunk and obnoxious 20 somethings that I wanted to scream. We only got halfway around the world eating one night, and it was so bad we did not even try to finish the next night, and there were some things that I really wanted to try, I just could not put up with the hordes of drunken barbarians. I think next year we will have to plan F&W as a daytime event, not in place of dinner.

Polynesian Dweller
10-22-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm at the Poly right now and was at Epcot this evening and last weekend. The weekend was a bit busy but not insane at all. This afternoon and evening the crowds were light, some of the lightest we have seen in years.

lawgirl
10-23-2008, 11:35 AM
I wonder if the crowds get lighter towards the end of the festival?

JabberJaws
10-23-2008, 12:12 PM
It had been my experience that the F&WF is best enjoyed during the day. Utilize all of the good eats for lunch, grab a couple of daytime drinks (it's ok to drink during the day when you're on vacation! :thumbsup:) and enjoy the MUCH lighter crowds.

Then, when nighttime rolls around and everyone thinks "Hey lets go check out the F&W festival" then head to another park or move on down to FW and ride some of the rides there.

I would say its best to avoild the WS at all costs at night during the F&W festival though.

I will say if you want/have to go at night, there are some of the lesser known countries that still have good food/drinks but aren't near as busy. People flock to booths they recognize (like Italy or Ireland) but more obscure booths tend to go unnoticed b/c people assume the food will be weird or the drinks bad. They are all good so take advantage!

mcjaco
10-23-2008, 01:28 PM
grab a couple of daytime drinks (it's ok to drink during the day when you're on vacation! :thumbsup:) and enjoy the MUCH lighter crowds.

It's five o'clock somewhere. :D

I've found that Morocco has some of the best food in the entire fest. You must try the pita sandwich there!

TBY2225
10-23-2008, 02:50 PM
I was in Epcot the 3rd and 4th day of F&W this year. It wasn't bad at all. This was the end of September, very low crowds and hardly any wait for food or wine vendors. It might be different on the weekends as this was a Monday and Tuesday night, but, not at all as bad as I would have thought with it just starting a few days before!