PDA

View Full Version : Crowds - Christmas or Easter - which is worse?

Mary Chase
10-22-2008, 12:46 PM
After this year, it's going to be harder to pull the kids out of school for our annual trip to Disney. Were thinking about the week between Christmas and New Years or the week of Spring Break - which is always the week before or after Easter. Which would be worse for crowds? I've heard it's bad both times.

Thanks for the opinions!

CaptainSad
10-22-2008, 01:21 PM
I've been to WDW during Easter. Easter at the MK itself is a zoo. I would skip the MK that day. It is busy during the the weeks that stradle Easter. But you should be able to manage it. Now for the week of Christmas/New Years I can't tell you. I have been the week before and it is real slow except for MVMCP. I know the Saturday before Christmas was busier then the rest of the time I was there.

DDuck66
10-22-2008, 03:37 PM
I think the week of Christmas is worse crowd wise....but there is so much more to do during the Holiday Season. MVMCP, Candlelight Processional, Osborne Lights, just to name a few. Both times will be crowded, but IMHO you cannot beat WDW during the holidays.
The Happiest Place on Earth at the Happiest Time on Earth. How could you go wrong??

JabberJaws
10-23-2008, 12:40 PM
I have never been a guest in the parks during either of those times. Last time I worked at WDW, I didn't work in the parks, but I did live in an apartment just off of 192 about 5 minutes from the parks and can tell you that traffic down that road was FAR worse during easter than during Christmas. Now whether or not that translates into more crowds, I dunno.

I would avoid either day, but if I had to pick I would go Christmas but try and got before the actual holiday. The busiest time is actual Christmas Day to New Years Day. Even the week before Christmas can be manageable.

casey@bat
10-23-2008, 01:10 PM
I have been twice the week between Christmas day and New Yrs. day. It is very, very busy but manageable. Magic Kingdom opens at 7:00 for those staying on property for the entire week! We left Fort Wilderness every morning at 6:30. It was dark and Main Street lights were on as we walked down it. Get there early every day and then leave when it gets crowded.

Everyone needs to go at least once at Christmas.

But, it is hard leaving the day after Christmas. It is such a busy time. I don't know if we will do it again. I would love to be able to go the first week in Dec.

My friend went last Spring break and love it. She said the crowds were less than they were during presidents week.

jennsky
10-23-2008, 07:49 PM
I've been during Easter, and it was WAY too busy for me. Talk about Claustrophobia in Fantasyland!! And after parades when the crowds start moving again. No thanks...not doing that again. I'll avoid Christmas because it sounds even worse.....guess I don't handle crowds that well...