PDA

View Full Version : Why are no offers vaild from 12/6 to 12/14 , is there a big event?

mrmcgiv
10-22-2008, 11:07 AM
We booked our trip back in March (Staying at CSR) with a pincode and got a pretty good deal. I think we paid $89/night for a moderate. For 2 adults, 2 kids with park tickets, no hopper and basic dining it was about $2400. The deal was good in Dec from 12/7-12/17, so we are staying 12/7-12/15. BUT I see all of the offers now seems to stop on 12/6 and then re-start in 12/14. Is that b/c of the pin offers back in march? Also, the free dining would save us a few hundred bucks, but that is not good at out timeframe.

I am afraid that there is some big event going on.... I saw that they are filming the parade at MK on 12/6-12/7, but we will miss that. How about the POP Warner days? Will that last the whole week? I was told when I book that it ended that weekend of 12/7 I think??? Will that have the whole place a madhouse all week?

We were hoping to enjoy the Holiday festivities while avoiding the crowds that come closer to Christmas but something tells me (due to lack of special offers on that week) that we may just have booked at the most crowded time. Did we? :confused:

THANKS!!!

Mary

lighteningqueen
10-22-2008, 11:16 AM
We were there last year during all that and we didn't notice a thing or the kids. But you are right we are going Dec 5-14th and there is NOTHING for us. It is supposed to be the least busiest, so if that is so, why can't we get some kind of break? We get nothing, nothing for dining, nothing for room, nothing anywhere. We l0ved going last Dec the same time. It was so pleasant in the parks,buses etc. Don't worry about that,just tell us why we can't get any kind of break, and no we cannot change our dates Disney.. Not that easy when you have a business to run..We got nothing in our email either which makes me sad as we booked this back in Feb.

buzz638
10-22-2008, 11:32 AM
We are also booked from Dec 6th to 13th (45 days today !!! ) and i read that it is in fact Pop Warner week.
I was a bit worry about the crowds, but after reading a lot of post on the subject, apparently it should not affect the crowds in the parks to much.
It might be ecthic at certain hotel at breakfast and dinner, but the crowd is usually at their competiton during the day at WW of sports complex.
So i'am not to worry about it, but i agree, to bad there is no special for us during that week...

Buzz

KylesMom
10-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Here's your answer:

The 2008 Pop Warner Super Bowl will take place from Sunday, December 7th through Saturday, December 13th at Disney’s Wide World of Sports™ Complex.

I also believe that the the National Cheer & Dance championships are being held at this time.

disneymom15
10-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Same here, we're going Dec 3-10 and received no deals. Oh well, maybe next trip.

wifey5794
10-22-2008, 11:48 AM
We have gone the last 2 years for those dates and have never had any discounts. The crowds are great - but you will see (and hear) the cheerleaders for sure. They can be obnoxious in lines - in the halls of your rooms etc. But with the exception of a few in a group who were rudee too, they weren't too bad. The fact that it wasn't as crowded made up for them being obnoxious! Don't worry! You'll have a fabulous time.

Ian
10-22-2008, 12:31 PM
:whew:

We're going the week before that, but we will be there the night of the 5th and part of the 6th.

I'm looking for a room for the 6th, but having no luck getting any good rates. Guess I now know why.

mudpuppysmom
10-22-2008, 03:27 PM
We're going Dec 9-16 and staying at AKL with a PIN code I received back in February or March (I can't remember when it came in the mail). I tried to search when Pop Warner was going to be, but at that point there was VERY little info out there I could find, so I booked anyway.

This will be the second time I've been there when the PW kids have been in town....the first time was two years ago and I really did not see (or hear) them much, but we did encouter them one night at MK and it was just not right how they were treating CM's!!! I will say that it was not ALL the PW kids, but some of them. A few kids had parents/chap's with them and behaved fine -- it was the ones without any supervision that were unruly.

I'm hoping that crowds will be lower, but who knows -- I have also begun to have vacation dream anxiety dreams!! yep, I get anxiety dreams before we go on vacation!!! I plan and plan and plan so we have backups to our backup plan if we run into crowds, rain, cold, etc.....and I think that is what drives me more nuts than the crowds!!

Eeyore's My Favorite
10-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Pop Warner, Mouse Fest & the Parade Taping - all made for very few rooms. I'd been calling for almost a month to get 1 room at any of the value resorts for the night of December 6th and finally managed to get one this past week-end when it showed up as available on the Disney website. Managed to get a Florida Resident's rate, too, so that was great. Thank goodness. It's for our "girls only" trip & since the MK is open til midnight we really didnt' want to drive home after a fully day at MK. :thumbsup:

HeadFairyInCharge
10-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Also we will be there staying at Yacht Club, which we booked back in April. Now come to find out there is 650 + Mouse Fest coming in to the area, and also the filming at MK on the 6th should be interesting. Pop Warner in town all week !!!How to stay calm and not think all the plans will go KA - PUT ! Yacht Club guest relations manager assures we will be fine, I'm crossing my fingers !! All this going on and I thought this week would have been dead quite between holidays.:mickey: Hope to enjoy our first trip even if we fight some crowds.

disneydeb
11-01-2008, 03:27 AM
About 50 of my best friends and I will be there!

See ya soon!
deb

brad817
11-01-2008, 08:26 AM
We're going for a long weekend December 11-14. That time doesn't have as many "freebie" options but there was opportunity. Before the free dining offer was posted, there was another special offer that overlapped our days a little bit. It wasn't much, but I was able to call and save an additional $72 off our package and get a preferred room at All-Star Sports rather than the standard room at All-Star Movies.

Whatever the case, I do believe the main reason for no additional offers during that time is because of Mouse Fest and Pop Warner.

goofygirl67
11-02-2008, 11:04 AM
I was able to get that week during the bounceback special back in May. I would like to change the resort but I haven't been able to since they are all booked up.
I have gone before during this time and haven't had much problems in the parks. The cheerleaders can be annoying with their cheers while waiting in line. I don't recall any football players around. The parks were manageable.

Cookie123
11-04-2008, 01:45 PM
A PIN discount came out for this time period MANY months ago. I booked BCV on a 40% off discount for December 7th - 13th. Some other people were getting e-mails from Disney about a 40% discount. I had too quickly deleted my e-mail because the format was not at all compatible with my simple Web TV internet.
It drove me nuts when I found out that I deleted an important e-mail. I then called Disney to ask if I had some sort of discount was attached to my name. It WAS , so I booked it right then and there !