PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours

very_excited
10-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Four 50-something women are going to WDW the first week of November.:cloud9: Can someone please tell me if Star Tours is too "wild" for bad backs and motion sickness.....?

DDuck66
10-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Star Tours does jerk you around quite a bit, but it does not have any spinning so I have never noticed a motion sickness problem. MY DW, who does not care for any thrill rides, will ride ST with me.
PS, we are both 40+. I think you would be okay, just depending on how bad your back problems are.

DreaminofDisney24
10-22-2008, 09:39 AM
I personally get motion sickness-especially if trying to read in a car-but I wanted to try Star Tours. That was a huge mistake on my part, because it made me extremely sick for the rest of the day. If you normally get motion sickness, there's a good chance this will make you sick. I have heard though, that some people who usually get sick, are fine on this ride, so it's really up to you!

KylesMom
10-22-2008, 09:41 AM
I have a "bad back" and Star Tours has never bothered me. However, it is one of the only things at Disney which does make me motion sick - especially if I'm sitting further in the back! It's not too bad if you're close to the front. If I'm having a problem I just look at my feet and I'm usually ok.

elmjimmlm
10-22-2008, 09:46 AM
I also get motion sick and for me this ride did it...It throws you around quite a bit and I don't care for it...

Cookie123
10-22-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm a 50-something woman and I was wondering the same thing. I vacation solo, and it would be especially difficult if I threw my back out. I would still have to lug all my luggage to the airport by myself.

Is there a chicken exit ?????? I could enjoy all the themeing of the ride, and then just take the chicken exit.

mdhiggin
10-22-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't think it'll hurt you, but it gives me a sick feeling. I don't do well on the simulators or spinny teacups. Mission Space makes me sick too. I do well on roller coasters, ToT, and other wild rides, just not the simulators. It's just different for different people, I guess.

wedway76
10-22-2008, 02:15 PM
I am prone to motion sickness and absolutely cannot ride Star Tours or Body Wars or anything like that. Actually, I am OK if I keep my eyes closed the entire ride, but what's the sense of doing that?

rmsongs
10-22-2008, 02:21 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Body Wars because of all the jerking around, but I enjoyed Star Tours a lot. It does move quite a bit, but it seemed smoother to me than BW did. In all honesty, though, I'm pretty sure skipping it wouldn't really impact my vacation. Hope this helps.

Scott C
10-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Yes there is a chicken exit

Thanks
Scott C

elmjimmlm
10-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Actually, I am OK if I keep my eyes closed the entire ride, but what's the sense of doing that?

If you do then I will tell you that everyone in our group made fun of me and before the ride was over everyone in that room was telling me to open my eyes...:blush:

mainemajor
10-22-2008, 05:35 PM
There is a BIG difference between the back (rough) and the front - not nealy as rough. You will be shaken around no matter where you are on it. You can always opt out (chicken exit)after going through the queue which is a pretty darn fun line to wait in.

very_excited
10-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks for all the answers. They were indeed helpful. It just might be the chicken exit for the four of us..!:blush: