PDA

View Full Version : HndrdPrcnt In Need of your Prayers...Round 2 *UPDATE 10/21*

HndrdPrcnt
10-22-2008, 01:49 AM
So we woke up this Monday morning with a mixed bag of emotions. The day of the follow-up appointment where we would find out the results of the high-definition CT Scan was finally here. What would we be told?? We kept ourselves so busy this last weekend so that we really didn't have time to even think about the upcoming appointment, but now the day had come and we were merely hours away from hearing what our future had in store.

While both Jen and I had some hard moments throughout the day, we both experienced a most amazing sense of peace that we were going to be ok. This overwhelming peace that we felt truly could have only been the result of all of the prayers that were being lifted to God on our behalf. Of course, answered prayers did not end there!!

We were joined by our dear friend Debbie Harris who came and picked us up for our appointment. Jen and I wanted to have one extra set of eyes, ears and an extra voice at the appointment in the case that we heard something that caused us to go silent. Anyhow, Debbie drove us to the appointment and after a short while of waiting, Dr. Bold entered the room. The time was finally here.

Dr. Bold pulled up the results of the scan right on the computer for us to see for our very own eyes. The report from the head radiologist read, no markable change in the scans from that of the scans taken immediately post-op. So, what did this mean???

Dr. Bold explained that while we have seen a steady increase in my polypeptide blood tests and the PET Scan showed activity suspicious of cancer growth, the high-resolution CT Scan was not able to make out any tumor growth. While this is not to say that I don't have any growth of tumors happening right now, it does mean that if there are tumors growing, they are currently less than 5mm in size.

So, now what?? Well, we have been given a 3-month "hall pass" (as Jen likes to call it) from any more tests, doctor appointments, or anything else. 3 more months to live without the stress of scans / appointments / etc. I will have to go back in early January for another high-resolution CT Scan to see if the tumors have grown large enough to be picked up in the scan. However, even at this rate of growth, even if they could do nothing to get rid of this cancer, I should have years ahead of me to look forward to.

This is all wonderful news and we could not be more excited!! However, I am continuing my planning and preparing for the worst. Not because I think that they are wrong and that I am going to pass from cancer any time soon. However, nothing is to say that I might not get hit by a semi truck while I am out driving to see one of my customers. Getting our family prepared and having plans in place for a tragedy is a good idea for EVERY family to have!!

I know that my journey is far from over and I know that we will continue to have to LIVE with cancer and all of the uncertainty and financial stress that comes with that. However, we are so wonderfuly grateful that we have that luxury and blessing to LIVE with cancer. I am not dying from cancer, I am LIVING with cancer and that is a beautiful thing!

Thank you again for all of your wonderful support! How awesome it is to see, hear & read that we have people praying for us in most of our 50 states and even in foreign countries!! We are so fortunate to have the group of supporters who are showering us in prayer! Our church, our family, and even people that have stepped forward and supported us in one way or another. We are seeing God's love shine through every one of you and we have seen that God truly does answer prayers!

I want to thank our most Holy God for each and every one of you and I ask that he blesses each and every one of you the way that you have all blessed us!!

We will continue to pray daily for all of you!

Sunshine1010
10-22-2008, 03:17 AM
I will be praying for you every day

vizsla
10-22-2008, 05:33 AM
Prayers and pixie dust everday for you and your family.

Carol
10-22-2008, 06:56 AM
Great news, John. Continued prayers for you and yours. :hug:

pogo
10-22-2008, 07:22 AM
John........ I sit here this morning with happy tears in my eyes knowing you will be OK. Now go out and celebrate your life every day. Hug your wife and little darlings every day. God bless. :D

Jeff
10-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Tears in the eyes here as well.
Great news.:thumbsup:
I will continue to pray for you!!!!!!

TinkerbellT421
10-22-2008, 08:21 AM
Tears here as well. I am glad to hear you will be ok. I feel like I know you and your family from catching up on past posts on here. I pray for you and your family everyday! I am so so happy to see you will be ok.

Beach Club Babe
10-22-2008, 08:41 AM
That is really wonderful news! I cannot tell you how happy I am for you and your family! :cloud9:

DizNee143
10-22-2008, 08:51 AM
so glad to hear the good news!! :thumbsup:
hope you have a wonderful holiday season with your family and wont worry about anything again until january...youll still continue to be in my prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melanie
10-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Wonderful news, John. Please enjoy your 'hall pass' to the fullest!

Diznee4Me
10-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Great news and a great spirit! Keep us posted and you will be in our prayers!

WDWFanatic
10-22-2008, 09:07 AM
More tears of joy here also. May you continue to LIVE with cancer for many, many years to come.

We will continue to pray for you and hope you can truely enjoy your hall pass. We'll send out an extra dose of prayers in January that only good news comes your way.

alphamommy
10-22-2008, 09:33 AM
What great news! While it's no fun to live with cancer, it's great that you can LIVE!

Best wishes from one survivor to another,
Tammy

jodijo
10-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Great news!!! It is a relief to know that things are going well.

DisneyWhirled
10-22-2008, 10:57 AM
John, you write beautifully.

I am sitting here (at work) with tears filling up as I read this. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

God Bless You!

Jeff G
10-22-2008, 01:09 PM
John, I'm glad to hear that things looked positive at your visit. Continued well wishes coming your way.

Nascfan
10-22-2008, 01:17 PM
John, I am so happy to hear this good news! You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. :thumbsup:

tinkerbell04
10-22-2008, 01:27 PM
That is great news! I will continue to keep you in my prayers :)

faline
10-22-2008, 02:01 PM
I hope you continue to receive positive news!

princessgirls
10-22-2008, 04:37 PM
John,

God is good! You are living with your cancer and having a life, and for the next three months it won't revolve around doctors, hospitals and tests.

Enjoy every minute, as we ALL know how precious they are.

Julie:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
10-22-2008, 05:12 PM
John,

I am so very happy to hear that you got good news today. What a releif for you, your dear wife and you daughters. I will continue to pray for you. You are such an inspiration. Your faith is a beautiful thing!!

Tinkermom
10-22-2008, 06:34 PM
I get emails with updates to your Caring Bridge page and have to admit that I tremble a bit each time I open it to read your update. I was SO thrilled to read this last one. As others have said God is Good! I will continue to pray for you. If you have a chance sometime I encourage you to read the story of my friend's daughter, Hannah.

http://www.caringbridge.org/ks/hannahmiller/

Hannah had cancer, she was diagnosed at age 13. She fought long and hard and I am happy to report that she is now a senior in high school and plans to go to college to be a nurse. She was placed on an experimental drug which led to her total remission. I tell you this to show that there IS hope even when all seems bleak. Love and Blessings to you and your family John!

pixiesmimi
10-22-2008, 08:24 PM
That is wonderful news, John! I will keep you in my prayers. We all know that God answers prayers and there are still miracles that we see every day. Enjoy your new lease on life and enjoy it to the fullest. You are an inspiration to us all.