PDA

View Full Version : Values & free dining question

NewmanFamily6
10-21-2008, 07:14 PM
If you go during free dining is it possible to stay at ASMU in a family suite? I was considering going next year if it was offered but we would need the family suite since there are 6 of us. I wasn't sure if it applied to those-Thanks!:mickey:

sardanem
10-21-2008, 07:46 PM
I went during free dining in August and since we are a family of 5, we got connecting rooms at POP. I had wanted the family suite, but they were sold out. As far as I know, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, but as long as you are on a Disney property hotel, you are allowed to use free dining.

Lisa

mulderxcoltrane
10-21-2008, 08:00 PM
You just have to purchase a package (room and tickets - at least a one day) and you can take advantage of free dining.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
10-21-2008, 09:44 PM
I thought the suites at Music were not included in the free dining offers. Did something change? :confused:

mulderxcoltrane
10-21-2008, 09:57 PM
I never heard that - maybe one of our resident travel agents can answer that question.

wdwnomad
10-21-2008, 10:38 PM
I am pretty sure the Music Family Suites were part of free dining this year. The previous year they weren't.

If you know you want to stay in one I would I would try and book with a Disney travel agent maybe before the offer even comes out. This way when the offer does come out they can switch your package over to the free dining. Although I have never used one people on here rave about them because stuff like that they do for you.

Getting into one of the Family Suites with Free Dining is probably pretty hard. I am sure the availability for the promotion is very limited due to their popularity without it and therefore the number of rooms in that category they make available. The other option would be to be on the phone with Disney at 7:00 am on the day the free dining offer comes out.

PittFan
10-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Of course we are all under the assumption that " free dining " will be offered as it has in the past. With the cost cutting moves being made there are no guarentees. :fingers:

NewmanFamily6
10-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks everyone! PP you are correct we probably shouldn't assume but maybe hope:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
10-22-2008, 02:54 PM
It would be less expensive to stay in connecting rooms. You would also have more real beds. I know for a fact the suites were not part of the free dining offer in years past, but I can't guarantee that has not changed.

PetefromRI
10-22-2008, 06:53 PM
I've been hearing from our UK friends that only the new QS meal plan is being offered at Values and Mods and that the regular Meal Plans are only being offered at the Deluxe resorts during free dining times.Sounds like the free dining is working for Disney.

Evelyn
10-26-2008, 07:43 PM
In September, I was able to book a family suite at ASMu with free dining for September 2009 (bounceback promotion).

disneyfan328
10-27-2008, 12:34 PM
I have been looking into this myself and from what I have found the suites WERE included this past year. There is no way to know if they will be in the future or not. What is being offered to those in the UK is diffent than what is being offered here. In the UK the offer is QS free dining at Values AND Moderates. Regular dining at Deluxes. I believe that you can still pay the difference to upgrade to any of the plans.

Belster
10-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Just got back from Pop. When I was not offered the bounce back I went to the front desk to inquire about it, they would not offer it to me. Long story short the woman at the counter told me that free dining would be offered the second week of April and to keep my eyes out. She said that it will not be advertised by Disney. The time frame for the free dining offer she said would be between mid August and sometime through September.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
10-27-2008, 03:06 PM
She said that it will not be advertised by Disney.Is it even possible for them NOT to advertise something???

Tink1
10-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Music suites have been included in the last few promotions. The problem is that they are usually all booked up at rack rate, so there are no available suites to "promote". Kind of a catch-22 situation.

Nanc

mickeynminnie08
12-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Be very cautious if you book with a travel agent and then have them switch when "free dining" comes out. I have a friend who booked last year for her Sept 08 trip. I told her in May "oh you're lucky...you got the free dining". Not only did she not know, her travel agent charged her $400 to switch around her reservation so she could have the free dining. Yes, she still saved $800....but she had to change hotels because the one they had booked was now full and pay someone for something free. She said she will never use that agent again....she'll just call me.:blush: