PDA

View Full Version : Should Magic Kingdom(MK) add another Table Service(TS) Restaurant?

PittFan
10-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Do you think MK should add another TS restaurant? I do. IMO, there needs to be another TS dining option other than Tony's Town Square. Not character dining, buffets or sandwiches, just another TS restaurant. I hate having to leave the park in order to dine. What do you think?

JoDisney
10-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Yes. I do not like Tony's. I do like Plaza Restaurant, and it is very casual but the food is nice. I like Liberty Tree, too. The others are character restaurants which are nice.

JPL
10-21-2008, 08:00 PM
The Mk is in desperate need of another TS

2 Mediocre TS and 2 Buffets definately are not enough to satisfy the demand especially with the DDP.

ElenitaB
10-21-2008, 08:28 PM
I voted no... I'd rather see them improve the ones they have there (like Tony's).

AwPhooey
10-21-2008, 08:59 PM
I voted no... I'd rather see them improve the ones they have there (like Tony's).

:ditto:
Improving Tony's (and maybe Plaza) would be sufficient for me.

Seasonscraps
10-21-2008, 11:39 PM
I'd love to see a new TS restaurant at the MK.

Mad About Mickey
10-22-2008, 07:14 AM
I voted Yes. I would like to see The Diamond Horseshoe Review return. If not it would be a good location for another TS.

yjgirl32
10-22-2008, 08:31 AM
I am very bummed about LTT not being a character meal. That was one of our favorites. So I voted yes.

henry.james.s
10-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Honestly I haven't had a TS meal @ MK other than @ CRT in years because of the average blah nature of the food.
Cosmic Ray's really has better food and would be a slam dunk IF they'd add some of the elements of Sunshine Seasons @ Epcot.
MK food services is in need of a MAJOR overhaul.

prttynpnk
10-22-2008, 08:59 AM
I voted Yes. I would like to see The Diamond Horseshoe Review return. If not it would be a good location for another TS.

I'm with you!

DDuck66
10-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Honestly I haven't had a TS meal @ MK other than @ CRT in years because of the average blah nature of the food.
Cosmic Ray's really has better food and would be a slam dunk IF they'd add some of the elements of Sunshine Seasons @ Epcot.
MK food services is in need of a MAJOR overhaul.

:ditto: I think they need an overhaul on all. I like the Plaza and the CP is okay for a buffett, but LTT is now a little expensive without characters. Another option would be great.

lightyearfan
10-22-2008, 12:08 PM
without a doubt, me and dw feel that they should have at least 2 new ts resturants, for 1 of the biggest parks they don't offer much of a ts selection. me and dw usually goto the plaza, tonys is nice and so is the liberty tree, but i will say that they have some of the best cs resturants that wdw offers.

Victor

dmosher
10-22-2008, 03:22 PM
I don't know, while it would be nice to have another choice (other than CP) in MK, I think that if Disney were going to add something new, then I could think of better things that a restaurant. Why take up space with food when there are plenty of choices in and out of MK. Wouldn't we prefer another dark ride instead of dinner? I know I would.
:pipes:
D

Wickster1970
10-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Yes!!
They need a TS on the order of a Le Cellier, maybe even a signature TS. :D

Natazu
10-23-2008, 05:49 AM
There are plenty of TS venues at MK. But like others have said, they're well below average.

I'd like to see The Plaza turned into something good, at least the level of GFC or Kona. Truth is, with the characters gone from LTT, if they made the dinner as good as the lunch respectively, it would be a great place. Then they could fire Tony and replace him with Mario Batali, and BAM, three great TS venues.

Kairi_7378
10-23-2008, 07:56 AM

:ditto:

Daddy Mouse
10-23-2008, 08:01 PM
I voted no for the simple reason of having many fine TS restaurants at the monorail resorts. DW and I have always found it nice to eat at the following which are in close proximity to MK (O'Hana, California Grill, Kona, etc..)

Seasonscraps
10-23-2008, 10:14 PM
I voted no for the simple reason of having many fine TS restaurants at the monorail resorts. DW and I have always found it nice to eat at the following which are in close proximity to MK (O'Hana, California Grill, Kona, etc..)

For me that's the thing - I don't want to leave the park to have a nice meal. I'm not even looking for fancy, just a non-buffet sit down meal that tastes good.

iheartdisney
10-24-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm with the majority on this one. And I'm hoping those with the power secretly watch these message boards and see this very post. So...if you are out there take note: Please give us another TS restaurant (or 2 or 3) to Magic Kingdom! :idea:

Crow
10-24-2008, 11:40 PM
The only place Ive eaten at at MK in the last few yrs is Pecos Bills.....they def need something

Funcruiser56
10-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Yes! Another TS that is not a character meal. I for one am glad to see the characters go at Liberty Tree, that will open up a TS for an evening meal for us.

Bev

the other micki
11-02-2008, 12:00 AM
One of my kids' very favorite places to eat it Lambert's in Gulf Shores, AL. I think there's only one other one, in Branson. I think this would be a fun place to eat at Disney. I think it would fit well in Frontierland. I'd like to at least see it at DTD.

TheRustyScupper
11-02-2008, 09:53 AM
. . . DW and I have always found it nice to eat at the following which are in close proximity to MK (O'Hana, California Grill, Kona, etc..) . . .

1) It is nice thought.
2) But, going to a monorail eatery kills more than 1½-hr.
3) That is not counting the actual meal time.
4) Why must one waste so much time for a good TS meal?
5) Besides, not all of the eateries you mentioned are open for lunch or early dinner.

MinnieMommie
11-02-2008, 11:00 AM

You make a good point. I am thinking that they need another TS because the present options are unsatisfying. Maybe if they just improve what they have this would be a mute point (or question?). We spend our time going for TS meals at the monorail hotels when we want a good meal while visiting the MK. :mickey:

A Big Kid
11-02-2008, 12:04 PM

I want breakfast back at Tony's. I miss that big cinamon roll appetizer and I have not had eggs and marinara since.

hardingella
11-02-2008, 02:32 PM
We have always sruggled for good food at MK.We always seem to end up having to leave the park and go to EPCOT or HS. Which is surprising really as MK IS DISNEY. Friends warned us on our first trip that this was so.
i would love tho spend the day at MK and have a quality TS meal without having to leave the park:mickey:

RAIDER
11-03-2008, 09:15 AM
I agree with the majority infact i will go so far it needs at least 2 TS :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
11-04-2008, 01:26 PM
I would love to see another TS added to the Magic Kingdom. I also agree with the other folks that would like to see improvement in the quality of the present TS restaurants.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
11-04-2008, 05:55 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
11-05-2008, 03:45 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

:ditto: We didn't like Tony's or The Crystal Palace. The Plaza Rest. didn't appeal to us, and we've eaten enough at Liberty Tree. This past trip we've hopped the monorail to our overall favority table restaurant - Kona!! :eat:

Villains0501
11-05-2008, 09:30 PM
I think the fact that Magic Kingdom doesn't have many sit-down restaurants makes it feel more kid-friendly, i mean wat 5 year prefers Olive Garden over McDonalds?