PDA

View Full Version : room comparison question

TinyDancer
10-21-2008, 11:11 AM
For those of you who have stayed both in the FW cabins and a one-bedroom DVC, how similar are they? Not so much square footage, but *feeling*, did you feel more cramped in one or the other, were there any obvious benefits or drawbacks for one or the other? Price and location are not really being taken into consideration quite yet, they obviously will later, but we're used to a certain amount of spreading out and want to know what type of changes we'd have to make in that respect.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!

wendy*darling
10-23-2008, 03:49 PM
I did not feel any more "cramped" in one over the other.
I prefer the DVC accommodations for a number of reasons:
#1- the washer/dryer right there in the unit. Can't beat that. :thumbsup:
#2- the master bath in the 1BR is sooo much nicer than in the cabins!
#3- I like the king bed in the 1BR. DH and I cannot share a double bed.:mad: That means one of us is on the bunk beds in the cabins and the kids are in the living room. In the 1Br- the kids would still be in the living room, but DH & I are much more comfortable! (actually, we prefer the 2BR when the kids come with us)
#4- Personally, I like being "closer to the action" and not having to take a bus or get in my car to get to the gift shop/market. While I do enjoy camping and the woodsy feeling at FW, I live in that environment all year long. I prefer the "resort" feeling of the DVC Resorts.
#5- transportation options are generally better at the DVC resorts.

Hope that helps! :mickey:

Simba's Mom
10-29-2008, 12:26 PM
We moved from a 1 BR at OKW to a cabin just a couple years ago. We felt MUCH more crampled, but we know that OKW has the biggest 1 BRs. However, one important thing to us was that the cabin only had 1 TV, whereas the villa had 2. Very important when you have a sports loving DH-the living room TV just gets ESPN for some reason!

wendy*darling
10-29-2008, 01:57 PM
However, one important thing to us was that the cabin only had 1 TV, whereas the villa had 2. Very important when you have a sports loving DH-the living room TV just gets ESPN for some reason!
We were last in a cabin on June 2007- and there were 2 TVs. One in the living room and another in the bedroom.
Just in case that's the tie-breaker for you!;)