PDA

View Full Version : Need resort advice

GOLFDISNEY72
10-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Please help. We have a tripped planned for the first week of November. We went last year at the same time and stayed at riverside. We had a great time and fell I love with the resort. We have 5 in our family and stayed in one room with not much of a problem. I just saw that there is a special for the value resorts. I just changed my reservation to the Pop with 2 rooms and it saved me $250. We stayed at the Allstar Movies one time and really did not like it. How does Pop compare? I almost feel like the extra $250 in 1 room is worth it. I would love some feedback.

LandFan
10-21-2008, 10:05 AM
I can't bring myself, personally, to spend the extra money for the moderates as I don't find them as interesting visually. I am not a fan of the all-stars. If I had the $$ every time we went, we would probably stay at AKL. When short on cash or just not wanting to spend the cash, we stay at Pop.

As a family, we really love pop!:cloud9: Pop has a FABULOUS food court with really decent food. If you put in a request for a few certain buildings, you will have fairly short walks to the food court and buses (like the big wheel building) and two rooms (interconnecting) can be great. The extra space is nice and the extra bathroom is really nice for getting ready. The busses aren't bad - it is a large resort but they seem to use an adequate amount of busses to handle the people.

FYI, we don't tend to "hang around" the resort very much - maybe a quick swim or a meal here and there. So maybe if you are the type of family that hang out at the resort a good deal, you might want to wait and see what other responses you get from others who do the same.

Saving the $250 is just a bonus!:D

#1donaldfan
10-21-2008, 10:47 AM
We've only stayed at POR AB, but have had family and friends try the values, and their adivce is to say at, at least the mods....they are just a little more $$, and are not so busy, hectic, crowed as the values...they tend to feel less "parkish"... I hope this helps some...:confused:

DDuck66
10-21-2008, 10:49 AM
As common with the poster above, we love the Pop for all the items mentioned above. We have stayed at the resort for several hours and there is always lots to do. One year, we both got a bad head cold and were laid up for a good afternoon and we really enjoyed just walking around, napping, and visiting the store and food court. Generally speaking, we do not hang around the resorts that much. I could do some damage with the $250 saved.

Tinkerbella16
10-21-2008, 11:17 AM
As far as values go, Pop is the best. If you are saving yourself $250, then you won't be disappointed. I prefer Pop over the All Stars any day. And having 2 rooms instead of one will also be better. Last year we stayed at POR for the first time, and I fell in love with this resort. I am staying at French Quarter in November. Since I stayed at Riverside, its so hard for me to go back to the values. I really do not think the price is expensive at all for a moderate...now the deluxe are wayyy too much. But the mods are perfect. Even when POR is booked up, the resort was so quiet, as if there were hardly anyone staying there...that is what I like that you can't get at the values, peacefullness and relaxation after a long day at the parks. The theming for POR and FQ are amazing, as well as the grounds, and boat to DTD...Port Orleans will be my new home away from home. But if you are able to save money, then you made the right choice... We love Pop Century. The busses are great too, since they don't share with any other resort. Pop probably has the best foodcourt we've been to yet. :mickey:

auntbaloo
10-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Our last stay was at POR AB and our prior stay to that was at ASMv. I would have to say hands down that my favorite of the two was POR :number1:. It was a much more relaxed atmosphere and seemed less crowded (probably just the design of the place) than ASMv. The food court was never busy when we were at POR and I just felt like I had a more relaxed vacation because of the surroundings (Boatwrights was WONDERFUL for breakfast and we just walked up!). We chose ASMv the time before because it was our daughter's first visit :balloon: and of course she loved the theming. It was just Disney overload for me. She actually liked POR very much last time as we had the quite pool close to our room to ourselves most of the time :vacation: and she enjoyed seeing all of the wildlife and taking the boat downtown. I think it was worth the extra money but if you are only there to sleep it may not matter. We have never been to POP but I would have to imagine it is a similar experience to ASMv, but I could be wrong. Either way you choose, have a great time! :pixie: