PDA

View Full Version : Current Incentives

Ltmoko
10-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Does anyone know what the current incentives are for buying into DVC right now? And when those incentives will expire. Thanks.

Ian
10-20-2008, 05:59 PM
As best I can tell it really varies from location to location and even, it seems, person to person.

The current incentive at Bay Lake Tower is $5 per point.

Last I heard, AKV was much more generous. I think like $8 per point, a gift card, and some other stuff.

DVC Mike
10-20-2008, 08:04 PM
BLT = $112 - $5 incentive = $107
AKV = $104 - $8 incentive = $96

Brownie54
10-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Does anyone think we may see more(better) incentives in the future, considering the recent financial crisis?

Ian
10-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Only if sales are impacted. Thus far, things still seem to be selling briskly.

What I wonder, though, is if there will be any issues with Disney getting financing for their buyers what with the tightening credit markets and all.

Brownie54
10-25-2008, 10:40 AM
" What I wonder, though, is if there will be any issues with Disney getting financing for their buyers what with the tightening credit markets and all. "

This is part of my reasoning that incentives might improve. I also wonder about those who may have already purchased and now can't make their payments. I'm thinking there could be more people forced to sell. Keep in mind that the real impact of our economy is only starting to unwind. In the next six months I will be saving my pennies in case an opportunity arises. Not trying to be a "gloom and doom" person here, just looking for something that could help me justify getting in to DVC.

DVC Mike
10-25-2008, 02:37 PM
What I wonder, though, is if there will be any issues with Disney getting financing for their buyers what with the tightening credit markets and all.

I believe Disney does their own financing and doesn't rely upon external financing companies.

Ian
10-25-2008, 04:01 PM
I believe Disney does their own financing and doesn't rely upon external financing companies.Right, I know ... but it's not like they lend out their own money. They're borrowing it from someone else (presumably at a much lower rate than the 10.75% they charge) and then turning around and lending it out to buyers.