PDA

View Full Version : Best MK plan

quicksand
10-20-2008, 11:38 AM
How do you do the MK? What land should we start in? Grab FP first? Not exactly sure how to do it. We would like to do most everything except Splash and Space. Does anyone have a guide that they use. I would be very grateful for any advice.

PittFan
10-20-2008, 11:50 AM
If staying on property do the early EMH. We pretty much start at Adventureland and work our way around the park. We usually stop at Pecos Bills for an early lunch and continue working our way towards Tommorrowland. :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-20-2008, 11:52 AM
If you want to skip Space and Splash, start in Fantasyland if you have young ones.

Otherwise, I'd suggest starting in Adventureland and going around that way.

Insanity Clause
10-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Our plan might be a little different that it usually would be. We are meeting 2 friends at WDW when we get there. On our arrival day we get in at 10am and they don't get in till 5pm so we are taking the kids and hitting MK. The first thing we do is get a Dole Whip...yes, everyone has our curiosity up so that is the plan. Then we are going to take in some of the sights and sounds and then take the kids on the rides that are geared more for the little ones. The teacups, Dumbo and things like that. Then the next day we are coming back and heading right for Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain.

BigRedDad
10-20-2008, 12:18 PM
If you want Dumbo, hit that first. Then work around from there.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
10-20-2008, 01:36 PM
I agree if there are EMH take advantage of this. On our last trip we were at MK at the opening for EMH and headed straight for fantasyland (2 kids). We did Dumbo, then Peter Pan, Pooh, Phillarmagic, Tea Cups, all before regular Park opening. Then we got a FP to Pan again and went to get in line for Aeriel's Grotto. We saw the Mermaid, then Small World, and used our FP to Pan. It was now only 1 hour after park opening so we went to HM and then grabbed a FP to splash and did stand by on BTMR. Used the FP and it was time for lunch. Keep in mind this was July and summer crowds. I think everything fell in place for us perfectly this day?

kemps@wdw
10-20-2008, 09:49 PM
We avoid EMH @ MK. Too crowded! We are early arrivers, on other days, and @ rope drop we head immediately to Frontierland via Adventureland. Either FP Spash or Thunder and ride the other. (sometimes twice if possible). Then back to Adventureland for a little Pirate action. (and maybe a visit to the Tiki Room). Depending on crowds and weather, we'll either stop off @ Pecos Bill's for an early lunch and then to Liberty Square for HM. Then thru Fantasyland and possibly Peter Pan, and Philarmagic on our way to Tomorrowland. Or, if too crowded or hot, it's back to our resort for a little down time. A little pool action, maybe a nap. And then later in the afternoon, we head over to another park for the evening. We are a 2-park-a-day family, so we always have time to cover everything we want, but not necessarily in the same day.:thumbsup: