PDA

View Full Version : cancel ddp out of package

PAMOUSELOVER
10-20-2008, 09:04 AM
We boooked a wdw package a couple of weeks ago. Now I am not sure if we wil be able to afford to pay it off in Nov. unless I cancel the ddp. I bought the trip ins. Will disney do this without cost?

TinkerbellT421
10-20-2008, 09:45 AM
I think you can cancel within so many days of the first day.I dont see why you cant cancel if you do it now. You said your payment isnt due till Nov which I assume is the 45 day mark? When we did packages I think it was 45 days...You should be able to definitely cancel the DDP now...I think you dont have to pay for the DDP until you arrive (or that could just be for DVC)....I would atleast call and double check...it wouldnt hurt to just call and find out. Maybe they can work with you...they definitely can give you the answer though.

mouseketeer mom
10-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Without cost as long as it is changed before 45 days prior to your arrival. Also, know, that you can add the DDP onto your package at a later date if you decide to add it again. I believe it is up to 72 hours before you arrive.

PAMOUSELOVER
10-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Thank you so much. I cant call yet, but plan too.
What about airfare? Would they let me cancel that also? We might have to drive to wdw, to afford this trip now.

TinkerbellT421
10-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Airfare is something totally different. That I believe depends on which airline your using. Each airline can tend to be more expensive than others and more lenient towards issues than others. I would check your online "Terms and Services" info...there will probably be a section titled, Returns/Credits/Exhcnages something along those lines. That is defintely something that Disney has nothing to do with. Thats all up to the airline and their terms of service agreements.