PDA

View Full Version : Repeatable rides

Zawadi
10-19-2008, 02:02 PM
On the assumption that there are no lines (I wish) which rides could you repeat several times without a break?

For me it would be:

Soarin' - just leave me in the chair all day! I love the musical score.
ToT - if I could bypass the library after the first couple of times.
Kilimanjaro Safaris - love watching the animals, but I'd like to mute the sound track after a while.
Buzz Lightyear and TSMM - at least until my tendonitis starts to play up.

However, I tried the teacups once and that was enough for me.:ill:

mulderxcoltrane
10-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Splash Mountain for me.

hardingella
10-19-2008, 02:56 PM
This did actually happen to us a few years ago one wet feburary day. We headed sraight to the back of MK as soon as it opened and managed to ride Thunder Mountain several times in the rain, we were the only ones on the ride, me and DD9 at the front and DH and DS7at the back.The CM just kept on saying "Do you want to go again", and we shouted "YES". It was BRILLIANT:thumbsup:

Goofeygal
10-19-2008, 03:05 PM
For me it is Soarin,Haunted Mansion,Spaceship Earth and Splash Mountain.

emmatink
10-19-2008, 03:14 PM
The Pirates of the Caribbean is a must for all ages!!:pirate:

MickeyMousse
10-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Great thread!! For me, it would be:

MK-Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Buzz Lightyear

MGM-Star Tours

AK- Primevil Whirl, Dinosaur

EPCOT- Spaceship Earth, Test Track

We were lucky during one trip to be able to come off and repeat the ride immediately. I think we rode Buzz 3x's in a row!!

Fangorn
10-19-2008, 04:51 PM
I'd love to do Soarin' multiple times (without the wait), and Buzz would be a lot of fun as would Toy Story Mania, but our favorite repeat is TTA as a way to have a nice relaxing time off our feet.

Our personal best is 8 times around without getting off. By that time, the CMs were urging us on for 10, but we had to meet the kids.

Steve

mainemajor
10-19-2008, 07:01 PM
SPALSH would be my choice if I could do only one but PoTC and HM would be near the top of the list for MK.
Sorin and Test Track would be on my wish list from Epcot.
My choice at the Studios would be RnRC with Aerosmith just a blasting away all day long
AK's would be EE

TheMartellFamily
10-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Splash Mtn would be the first one it is my favorite and each time I ride it I always see something new. The other one is Test Track.

g8rgirl29
10-19-2008, 07:44 PM
During EMH at DHS this Sept. we rode TOT 15 times in a row!! It was our 4yo DD's favorite ride!!

DizRunner
10-19-2008, 10:57 PM
If you go during the marathon weekend, you can do this on a lot of rides. I rode the HM four times in a row with no wait it was great.

Also, AK was scheduled to open at 9am on the morning of the marathon. I was there to run the half which is the day prior. I was at the gate by 8:15am. Because of the runners going through the AK at that time, they opened the gates at 8:30 unannounced to let spectators watch the runners. I made a bee-line to EE. Myself and this young brother and sister couple around 12 and 15 were standing at the entrance to EE waiting for 9am. All of a sudden the CM looked at us and said, "Did you want to ride EE?" We got on with just the three of us on the whole train. I sat in front the first time. Then all three of us got off and walked right back on. I sat in the back that time. We got off and walked right back on. I rode up in front again. I think the kids got on again. For me, three times back to back to back was enough. I was taking pics of just us on the train telling the CMs that people back home wouldn't believe I got to ride it almost by myself. So one of the CMs took my picture while I was sitting in the front seat with, what looks like, no one behind me. (The two kids just happened to be bending down in their seat to put their bags away.) It was truly a great experience. One I'll never forget.

kelly.garrett
10-20-2008, 12:31 AM
This did actually happen to us a few years ago one wet feburary day. We headed sraight to the back of MK as soon as it opened and managed to ride Thunder Mountain several times in the rain, we were the only ones on the ride, me and DD9 at the front and DH and DS7at the back.The CM just kept on saying "Do you want to go again", and we shouted "YES". It was BRILLIANT:thumbsup:

That sounds awesome!

I would ride The Tower of Terror, Soarin', Splash Mountain, and Everest.

deedon1011
10-20-2008, 01:05 AM
On a colder January day about 4 years ago, my son and I rode Kali River Rapids 29 times in a row. We would have continued, except I was getting some dirty looks from my wife from the bridge you pass under as the ride ends. It took a little over two hours to accomplish that feat.

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-20-2008, 02:03 AM
Wow, how can you pick the best out of soooo many great experiences? I love all of them!!. Ok except the teacups..:sick:. Cant stand going round like that. Hmmm best ride id ride over and over.... Like others on this thread, id have to say that would have to be the Haunted Mansion. I think it has the best presentation all around. From the moment you get in line you are transported to New Orleans and into a spooky (sorta) situation. Anyone else ever wish to see Scooby Doo make a cameo in there??
At Epcot I think I could honestly spend all day in the aquarium just watching the fish. I know its not exactly reliving any of the movies but it sure is peaceful, and we all know that even the Happiest place on Earth can stress you out from time to time.
At HS I think i could just watch the street performers all day. Again, i know its not a ride but its very enjoyable. I would say ToT normally but the wife just wont go on it and if im going to spend that much time doing something I want her by my side.

mouseketeer mom
10-20-2008, 08:41 AM
#1Soarin'..I never want to get off this ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My whole family agrees.
#2 for us would be Pirates..a family favorite.
#3 and #4..Buzz and TSM. Never enough time on these rides!

SpecJoe Magic
10-20-2008, 09:19 AM
There aren't many attractions that I would want to repeat several times without a break because I think that they would become stale very fast. The only one that comes to mind at the moment that I would consider riding multiple times without a break is TTA. It's so relaxing, and it's a great way to take in scenery. Plus, it's not the type of ride that could become nauseating in any way. So, even though this hypothetical situation sounds great on the surface, I probably wouldn't take advantage of it in most situations.

CaptainSad
10-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Back on December 18th at a MVMCP I went on HM and POTC back to back a few times during the second Parade. I went right though both. Didn't have to leave the Doom Buggy or the boat.. that was kinda neat. They said just stay on if you want to go again. I've also done Mission Space 4 in a row. That doesn't bother me at all.

oliver&bianca
10-20-2008, 09:43 AM
1. Soarin - Relaxing
2. Pirates - Fun
3. Its Tough to be a Bug - Fun
4. Expedition Everest - Thrilling
5. Tomorrowland Transit Authority - Relaxing

cal5755
10-20-2008, 09:56 AM
POTC, SSE, Splash really there are too many I would love to do over and over... I think I would put Soarin at the top of the list though!

Diznee4Me
10-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Splash, Soarin', TTA - these would be my top three.

wdwfansince75
10-20-2008, 10:33 AM
I would do....any MK ride except IASW....
Ones I've done at MK...
Space Mtn....On one early trip, DD#1 and I did it 26 times on a 4 day trip, and about 8 times back to back, ect during and after the Main Street Electrical Parade...
BTMRR and Splash Mtn...either and both during and after the parade....love to watch fireworks from either...
TTA....(especially when kids or grandkids dozed off...Now, I usually doze off during second or third trip....
POTC, just 'cause its there!...the Carousel (and the Carrousel...or are they the same....) and Dumbo...'cause one of the grandkids asked me to...and Buzz, 'cause its fun!
And, of course, I've done it at other parks....Kali River...once, in the rain, DS#2 and I were soaked...and our entire boat accepted the challange to ride around a second time....
And thanks to Baby Swap, EE, RnRC, Splash, Space Mtn, Soaring, and others....

But to answer your question....any of the above, but especially TSMM....as long as I got a better score each time...and as long as my arms held out.

casey@bat
10-20-2008, 10:47 AM
One year in Sept. they let us stay on TTA and the Mexico Boat ride because my 1 yr. old fell asleep in my arms.

Imagineer1981
10-20-2008, 10:51 AM
wow...thats a great question but tough too!!!

My top 3 are:

1) Everest
2) POTC
3) HM

DizNee143
10-20-2008, 10:56 AM
omg theres soooo many...lol..
tta..buzz..splash mountain..CoP..Pirates..haunted mansion..peter pan..soarin..test track..universe of engery..figment..spaceship earth..great movie ride..toy story midway mania..safari..
i think thats it..i might of missed a few though..

joonyer
10-20-2008, 11:18 AM
We have done this several times each on Splash Mountain, Big Thunder and Space Mountain. Key: Go at off peak seasons and ride during parades and fireworks shows. We have done this during MNSSHP also.

I would also like to ride repeatedly on on Expedition Everest, but have never had the chance. The closest we have come is to get off and get right back on the very next train, first thing in the a.m.

Nate's Grandpa
10-20-2008, 11:33 AM
We have ridden the TTA several times without exiting the ride vehicle.
This is Nate's favorite thing to do when at Disney World.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-20-2008, 07:06 PM
MK............Splash Mountain, Pirates, Buzz Lightyear and Peter Pan

Epcot............Soarin'

Hollywood Studios...........Tower of Terror

AK..................Dino, Primeval Whirl

Next trip: 11/24 thru 12/5 @ the POP:mickey3::mickey3::mickey3:

34 days and counting :woohoo::yay::clappy::pixie:

divinedi
10-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Epcot - Soarin

MK - Haunted Mansion, POC, TTC

Animal Kingdom - Kali (did one night, almost quitting time and no one was waiting, we stayed on 3 times I think)

kemps@wdw
10-20-2008, 09:26 PM
:coaster::coaster::coaster: RRC BABY!!!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-20-2008, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE="SULLEY "RULES!!;1765882]MK............Splash Mountain, Pirates, Buzz Lightyear and Peter Pan

Epcot............Soarin'

Hollywood Studios...........Tower of Terror

AK..................Dino, Primeval Whirl

Next trip: 11/24 thru 12/5 @ the POP:mickey3::mickey3::mickey3:

34 days and counting :woohoo::yay::clappy::pixie:[/QUOTEI OOPS.............................................. ...........................I forgot the Haunted Mansion, how could I forget that ride?! It's Awesome!!!!:thumbsup:]

grumpyguy
10-21-2008, 08:49 AM
i love rnrc!!!my only complaint is that the ride is too short,i would to repeat it 2-3 times in a row:thumbsup:

LandFan
10-21-2008, 08:55 AM
DH and DN12 had input too: TSM (that's a blast!), Soarin', TTA, TOT, Test Track, Peter Pan, Kilimanjaro Safaris.

wedway76
10-21-2008, 12:28 PM
For me it would have to be just about everything EXCEPT… RnR ToT and Mission Space. Although I like them I don’t think I can physically handle riding them more than once in succession. :ack:

zebradome17
10-21-2008, 12:34 PM
At HS it would be RRC, ToT, and TSMM.
At AK it would be Everest and Kilamanjaro Safaris.
At MK it would be Big Thunder Mountain and Buzz.
At Epcot it would be Soarin' and Test Track

However, I've got to admit that I too would miss out the pre-shows after a few times. By the time you can recite the whole pre-show conversation for RRC and nearly all for ToT it can get a little boring.;)

AdventurerKim
10-21-2008, 01:06 PM
MK--Buzz Lightyear, Tomorrowland Raceway, and PoTC.

DHS--Great Movie Ride, Star Wars

pdrlkr
10-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Space Mountain! :thumbsup: