PDA

View Full Version : Crowds Before Thanksgiving

twosiamesecats
10-19-2008, 11:04 AM
I'll be at WDW late on November 21 and leaving early on November 26. Anyone been there at the same time frame? What should I expect? Any advice? Thank you!

Sunshine1010
10-19-2008, 12:21 PM
....would like to know this as well

Strmchsr
10-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Crowds are moderate early in the week and increase as the week goes on. The day before Thanksgiving through the Sunday after is very heavy. So, do the "popular" stuff early in the trip then try to relax (and avoid MK) later in the trip.

Tinkerbella16
10-19-2008, 05:03 PM
We are there every year a week or two before thanksgiving...this year two weeks before, and there are little to no crowds then. Looks like you'll be there through thanksgiving week though...and it will be pretty crowded. Thanksgiving Day is extremely crowded...but you won't be there then. You should expect some crowds...so just have a game plan and you'll be ok. Arrive at the parks at opening, leave in the afternoon to rest, then come back in the evenings. That always has worked for us.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-19-2008, 07:02 PM
DH and I will be there during the Thanksgiving holiday as well. Next trip: 11/24 thru 12/5:pilgram::snowman::turkey::santa::pilgram2::deer:
5 weeks to go..........................:thumbsup:

Daisy'sMom
10-19-2008, 08:04 PM
We won't be going until the 1st of Dec, staying for a week.:mickey:

Diznee4Me
10-20-2008, 10:10 AM
We were there last year from the Friday before Thanksgiving and left the Friday after. Really didn't see much of a crowd until Thanksgiving Day. We hit MK early that morning and relaxed the rest of the day around the pool.

Will be there the same week this year - 31 days and counting!:thumbsup:

wifey5794
10-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Same for us. We'll be there 11/22 - 11/30. We will hit it hard the first fews days while the crowds are lighter and then we will take it easier as the crowds come in!

SFTrny
10-20-2008, 10:51 AM
We were there for Thanksgiving week 2 years ago. Compared to other peak times of the year, the weekend before, Monday and Tuesday are fantastic. The parks were not in the least crowded! Epcot and MK were amazingly open.

Things started ramping up on Wednesday. Thursday and Friday were CRAZY. By 1200, AK was wall-to-wall people and we bailed out. We grabbed lunch at POR and then took a boat ride on the river!

Get the parks done early and then plan for some non-park activities for later in the week.

Disney fans..
10-20-2008, 11:06 AM
We will be there during this time as well..11/21-11/30!

:grouphug:

Baloo Da Man!
10-20-2008, 01:20 PM
We will be there Nov. 22 - Nov. 30.

I remember 2004. We got there the Wed. before T-giving. Thursday we did morning EMH at MK, which was OK until noon when the crowds got insane, so we hopped to the Studios - a little better. The Kids were3,5 & 7 so we focused on parades, shows, characters, etc. and were able to manage. Do Dumbo first thing or forget about it. It was crowded, but not that bad if you plan correctly. Loved the Christmas decorations, etc.

4ubie1
10-20-2008, 04:52 PM
I have been to WDW close to Thanksgiving and have noticed the same thing. As the week gets closer to Thanksgiving, the crowds increase. I also recommend doing the popular or "must-sees" right away in your trip. You might have to wait longer in line if you hold out for later in your trip. Otherwise, it is a nice time to go! Have fun!:thumbsup:

DIppy Dawg
10-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Based on what I have read here, we are going November 20 - 25, (Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon and Tues before Thanksgiving) and is sounds like we should not see large crowds. Am I correct?