PDA

View Full Version : Off the radar table services

peemagg
10-19-2008, 09:16 AM
What table service restaurants would you recommend that are off the common radar?

We aren't looking for the popular ones like LeCelliar or Boma's, but one of the more hidden gems.

green ranger
10-19-2008, 09:58 AM
Coral Reef in the Land at Epcot. I don't know if it's off the radar to everyone else, but we just ate there for the first time this past September and loved it.

Madame Leona
10-19-2008, 10:38 AM
If you are looking outside the parks, I really like Olivia's at OKW. We ate there a couple of weeks ago for lunch and dinner and it was very good.

MickeyMousse
10-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Outside of the parks, we loved The Turf Club at SSR. One of the definite highglights of our stay there last year. :thumbsup:

Fangorn
10-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Olivia's at OKW and Boatwight's at POR are both very good and definitely off the radar.

A bit more on the radar, but still usually available on short notice is Kona Cafe at the Poly. It is excellent

For Signature dining, we've always been able to get a table at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and the Yacht Club, although Friday and Saturday nights may mean either a late or very early dinner.

Steve

Steve

Tinkerbella16
10-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Kona Cafe at the Poly for breakfast. The food is amazing, the coffee is off the hook, and you can take the monorail right over to MK afterwards. We go there every year, bc I love the Poly's atmosphere so much.

We also really enjoyed Planet Hollywood at DTD Westside, and our favorite sit-down for dinner is Liberty Tree Tavern. I love resort hopping and trying different restaurants at places other than in the parks.

princessgirls
10-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Olivia's at OKW and Boatwight's at POR are both very good and definitely off the radar.

A bit more on the radar, but still usually available on short notice is Kona Cafe at the Poly. It is excellent

For Signature dining, we've always been able to get a table at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and the Yacht Club, although Friday and Saturday nights may mean either a late or very early dinner.

Steve

Steve

I second... the Kona Kafe is wonderful!
Julie:mickey:

PittFan
10-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Tutto Italia !!! :chef:

Maleficent's Dad
10-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Where are you staying?
There are numerous resort restaurants that are "off the radar" to the regular tourist.

For example:
OKW: Olivia's (as stated above)
GF: Grand Floridian Cafe or Narcoosees
YC: Captain's Grille or Yachtsman's Steakhouse
Poly: Kona
Swan & Dolphin: Several actually!!!
BW: Spoodles or FF

There are more - lots more - but this is a sampling. The good or decent restaurants at the parks are usually booked and packed, regardless of the season. Resorts offer a wider variety.

#1donaldfan
10-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Boatwrights for breakfast has to be our favorite breakfast of all !!!!! :mickey:

acetate
10-19-2008, 10:27 PM
We love Liberty Tree in MK. Really good comfort food. Pot Roast, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy. Mmmmm makin' me want to go back. It wasn't hard to get a reservation. We walked in and they told us to come back in about an hour so we just looked through some shops to kill time and then had a great lunch.

peemagg
10-20-2008, 08:18 AM
We will be staying at AKV and will be on the basic dining plan. We have no problem with leaving the parks to go to a resort or a different resort than where we are staying at for a great meal. In fact we find going to the different resorts part of the fun.

Thank-you everyone for the suggestions you have given us so far. Please keep them coming.

yjgirl32
10-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Some others have already stated these- but just wanted confirm that Liberty Tree Tavern and Coral Reef were excellent!

SpecJoe Magic
10-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Coral Reef in the Land at Epcot. I don't know if it's off the radar to everyone else, but we just ate there for the first time this past September and loved it.

Are you talking about Coral Reef at The Seas with Nemo and Friends or Garden Grill at The Land?

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-20-2008, 09:42 AM
We've been told that Marrakesh at Epcot and Raglan Road at Downtown are hidden gems and are trying both in December.

javamama
10-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Love Kona for dinner, it was awsome last year and the service was great!
Coral Reef was also great, plus the kiddos love it there.
Yachtsman is supposed to be the hidden gem of them all though according to my Club Level host from last year, so we put it in our wishlist for this year.

beksy
10-21-2008, 01:58 AM
I agree with Kona. It was fabulous! Another favorite that we found really easy to get into (and it's small so I'm guessing its off the radar) is Garden Grill. The food, service, atmosphere, and character interacter were all terrific! :mickey:

Natazu
10-21-2008, 02:09 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best Off-the-Radar Restaurants:
7. The Wave
6. Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch)
5. Boatwright’s
4. Turf Club
3. Olivia’s
2. Grand Floridian Café
1. Marrakesh

c&d
10-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge and Trails End Buffet Dinner at Ft. Wilderness are two of my favorites.

diz_girl
10-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Swan & Dolphin: Several actually!!!

Most people don't realize that Shula's Steak House is probably the best steakhouse and that Il Mulino is probably the best Italian restaurant at WDW. I don't have any ADRs for either restaurant in December, but I hope to be able to squeeze something in when I go.

LandFan
10-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Off the radar: We are fans of Kona, Coral Reef, Garden Grill and LTT. Spoodles isn't bad either.

brownie
10-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Spoodles
Boatwrights

obsessive planner
10-21-2008, 11:32 PM
My husband and I ate at Ragland Road on our last trip and it was wonderful. Great food and atmosphere.

Lynn J Mc
10-22-2008, 08:14 AM
I wouldn't say Coral Reef is off the radar anymore. It is hard to get an ADR and the place is usually packed.
With the advent of DDP most places are now "on radar".

huzzah4
10-22-2008, 08:42 AM
I would have to say "the Wave" in the Contemporary. The atmosphere was calm and relaxing, the service was impeccable, and the food was absolutely unbelievable. We had already made ADR's for our next trip before we ate there, but you can bet it will be the first ADR we make for the following trip.

Cinderelley
10-22-2008, 12:26 PM
We really enjoyed the Flying Fish at the Boardwalk, and it wasn't full when we ate there.

dmosher
10-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Big River grill was great. We went later in the evening and the service was quick and efficient. Our server was friendly and helpful. The food is always great and the beer is amazing.
:pipes:
D

elmjimmlm
10-22-2008, 03:07 PM
I really liked Mama Melrose and Sci Fi in HS...:thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
10-22-2008, 04:59 PM
We really enjoyed dining at the Maya Grill when we stayed at CSR last year. I never hear anything about it. It was one of our best meals of the trip.

PrincessASquared
10-22-2008, 05:57 PM
The Turf Club at SSR is one of my familys favorites. We eat there every trip.

morebroccoli
10-22-2008, 06:59 PM
i have to agree with the people who said Kona Cafe! it is my favorite place to eat in all of the World. Delicious food, wonderful environment, and also just one short monorail-ride away from the MK!

peemagg
10-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Thanks everyone! Those are great suggestions. Please keep them coming.